Topic: Photos from next Silent Hill movie...

http://www.movieweb.com/news/silent-hil … rse-demons

Man! I hope it's better than the previous film because it was disappointing!

Last edited by Ophelia (2011-07-12 11:34:25)

Re: Photos from next Silent Hill movie...

I liked the 1st film; this one looks like it has some promise.  Nice cast.  Thanks for the link.

I find it odd that hardly anyone found the first (and all) of the Resident Evil movies satisfactory, but disliked Silent Hill. I thought it was much closer to its source material.

MacheteMassacre wrote:

I find it odd that hardly anyone found the first (and all) of the Resident Evil movies satisfactory, but disliked Silent Hill. I thought it was much closer to its source material.

I can't speak as gamer, considering I haven't played any of those two, but SH is, by far, the better movie. Even than Afterlife, witch was the best of the RE series in my opinion.

Thanks for the info, Ophelia. I would kill for a chair like that one.

I had issues with the Res Evil movies, but found the first 2 enjoyable even with diverging from the source material.  Starting with #3, they got a bit silly.  I agree that Hill was closer- I just wish that they could have incorporated the back story without using the husband in that subplot.  Maybe just have the mom look up some stuff in the library?

But we can discuss Res Evil this Saturday on Wolfy's Movie Night!

Oh, you can guarantee I will be discussing RE...haha.

MacheteMassacre wrote:

Have you played any of the games?

Hicks wrote:
MacheteMassacre wrote:

I can't speak as gamer, considering I haven't played any of those two, but SH is, by far, the better movie. Even than Afterlife, witch was the best of the RE series in my opinion.

Thanks for the info, Ophelia. I would kill for a chair like that one.

Basically, Silent Hill is almost like the first game, except the protagonist is female rather than a male (Harry in the game, who is the father of Heather in the next movie) and Dahlia was more of a tragic victim, who never intended her daughter to have what happened to her, where as in the game she used her daughter and didn't really care. Resident Evil has strayed very far ever since the first movie. The movies just take characters, but don't really use their personalities. They just take icons gamers would be familiar with and do whatever they want. But, I felt the RE games should have ended a long time ago (let's face it, the series has gotten really silly), but people have a huge boner for zombies now, so they will just keep pumping that shit out.

azathoth wrote:
MacheteMassacre wrote:

I have played every single one of them (bother RE and SH) since the beginning.

MacheteMassacre wrote:
azathoth wrote:
MacheteMassacre wrote:

I have played every single one of them (bother RE and SH) since the beginning.

Nice.  Once they went past the PS2 I didn't play any more of them as I didn't have the consoles for them any more.  That, and I'm a sucky gamer. sad

I'm addicted to gaming. I have old and new consoles: The NES, SNES, Sega, Sega CD, the 32x, Atari 2600, Atari 2600 Jaguar, Game Gear, Game Boy, Turbo Grafx 16, Panasonic 3DO Xbox, Xbox 360, PS2 and PS3. I have too many games to count right now and half of them are still in storage. So, yeah if anyone has any games, let me know, haha.

This Silent Hill is gonna be a hit and miss. The director did some nice work on Solomon Kane in terms of atmosphere and working in concert with the Prod. Designer to create nice gothic, bleak environments.... alas the script was weak. So at least the director has his visuals in line. Bad news... the special effects budget was slashed drastically last minute, or so I heard from one of the artists working with Paul Jones EFX (Silent Hill, Res. Evil series, etc). I liked the nurse outfit shot. Here's a cool little annoying anecdote.

When I was doing some shop work at Paul Jones for Res. AfterLife, I saw one of the first Silent Hill nurse outfits just chucked in a corner amidst a pile of crap, and old zombie corpses  we were having to re-paint for AfterLife. Anyway, when i mentioned how bad it was to store carelessly such a cool SH nurse prop/costume in a corner with dust and crap, the head prosthetics manager said.. "you're such a fanboy!"

I loved the first one so I am really looking forward to this one. Not sure about the 3d thing though

I enjoyed the first Silent Hill.  I think screenwriter Roger Avary (Pulp Fiction, Killing Zoe) did a bang-up job adapting the game into a film, even if the ending was a hair too ambiguous for my taste.  But Radha Mitchell did a fine job in the lead role and the art direction was to die for.

That said, after seeing these pictures I can say I'm glad to see the demon nurses are back as they were among my favorites things about the first film -- but I can also say I don't like the idea of it being in 3D at all.  I absolutely cannot wait for that ridiculous fade to go away.

I love the game and the first movie was good IMO.. hopefully trhis one will be too

I like how it's actually a character from Silent Hill 3 (the game), Heather Mason and from the sounds of it, they are following the plot closely. SH3 was my favourite of the games, so I'm def gonna check this one out.

LoudLon wrote:

I enjoyed the first Silent Hill.  I think screenwriter Roger Avary (Pulp Fiction, Killing Zoe) did a bang-up job adapting the game into a film, even if the ending was a hair too ambiguous for my taste.  But Radha Mitchell did a fine job in the lead role and the art direction was to die for.

That said, after seeing these pictures I can say I'm glad to see the demon nurses are back as they were among my favorites things about the first film -- but I can also say I don't like the idea of it being in 3D at all.  I absolutely cannot wait for that ridiculous fade to go away.

While I disagree with your opinion of the first film (I thought it was o.k, but wasn't quite as good as I had hoped, but then again I am a HUGE fan of the (first four) games and maybe my expectations for a perfect transition were too high!) I completely agree about the 3D thing!

Those glasses give me a headache and are as uncomfortable as heck! Not everything needs to be in 3-D!