Re: The Avengers (2012)

^^^ When he was acting all crazy on the SHIELD heli-carrier, it was because Loki had been subliminally influencing him since he first stepped aboard.  After, when Banner joins the group for the final battle, it's without Loki's influence so he's able to -- to borrow a line from Hulk '08 -- actually "aim" the Hulk at the baddies rather than just unleash him to destroy whatever.

Azzie -- responding to your last post, the villain in the after-credits is a MAJOR fan-favorite villain in the comics and has had run-ins with pretty much everybody, from the cosmic powerhouses like Silver Surfer to the more street-level heroes like Spider-Man, thus all the buzz his appearance created among fanboys.  Interestingly enough, though, it appears that particular villain is actually going to be appearing in a new Marvel movie (called Guardians of the Galaxy) rather than Avengers 2.

Absolutely brilliant film, watching all the superheroes under one banner was no less than a visual treat, loved it!!

@Lon-
Thanks.  I'm not a big comic book guy, as you know, so I just figured he was a mainstream bad guy, but didn't know his story.  Does he have a name I can look up and read about?

Yup, his name is Thanos, the Mad Titan.  He's an interstellar baddie who is in love with Death, which in Marvel comics is physically embodied as a woman with a skull for a head, draped in a cloak.  His main goal in life is to win Death's love, and he's even managed to get his hand on this thing called the Infinity Gauntlet which grants its user god-like powers (you can actually see it in the Thor movie; it appears in Odin's throne room) and he killed half the living universe to prove his love to her.  She still wasn't impressed.  You'd think the guy would take the hint, but I guess he's not called "Mad" for nothing. lol

Anyway, that's what that grin he sports in the mid-credit sequence is about, when The Other tells him that "To attack Earth would be to court death."

^^
Excellent!  You are a scholar among monkeys.

On an unrelated note, I was hoping that The Amazing Spider-Man reboot would tie in with the Marvel Cinematic Universe. It would be pretty cool if in TASM they went with the route of having Peter Parker's parents be SHIELD agents (just like in the comics) and maybe even some references to Captain America or the Hulk from Dr. Connors. I think it would be a pretty cool way to tie-in.

I'd love that, Tri, but it won't happen so long as Sony owns the film rights to Spider-Man.  You'd think that Marvel Studios made enough cabbage off Iron Man, The Incredible Hulk, Iron Man 2, Thor, Captain America and The Avengers to buy back the rights to characters currently owned by other studios (such as Fantastic Four, Daredevil, abd X-Men, all of whose movie rights are currently owned by FOX) but noooooooooooooooooo.

^^
Fox has made enough off their stuff that they wouldn't give up the right for less a few gazillion dollars.  (Well OK, Daredevil would only cost about $8.50 and a cup of coffee, but you get the idea.) 

Smart move would be for them to negotiate a 60/40 deal between the 2 of them.  Sony holds the rights, but Marvel has production control, and gross (not net) profits go 60/40.  Then they could do lots of funky things ala The Avengers.  But we all know how those assless-monkeys work in Hollywood.

Nice one is avenger movie.

Last edited by Bradhenry (2012-10-15 06:32:14)

Ya man "Avenger" movie is  quite good in this movie Thor is looking so power full. Over all all characters are amazing.

Sorry, but I think Spider-Man is better in Sony's hands. ASM was awesome, and as a Spider-Man fan I like what they are doing with it. They didn't go dark, and it was about story and not visuals like all the Marvel stand alone hero movies.

Plus Sony DID want to work with Marvel on cross promoting the franchises. They were allowing Marvel to use the Osbourn Tower in The Avengers, but it didn't render in time to include it.

FOX On the other hand is as stingy as it comes when it comes to their rights. They won't let Marvel even look at their characters without Marvel paying. Its annoying. I don't see why the fans are not mad at Fox, but instead Sony. Sony at least is making good movies with their franchise and wants to do SOME cross promotion. Yeah it wasn't Spider-Man in The Avengers, but at least they talked unlike FOX.

Last edited by BrainDamageFilms (2012-10-24 18:59:19)

No offense but avengers is a really lame movie. They wasted so much money on hiring so many top actors just to make junk movie.

The worst mistake they make is there are too many contradiction in avengers movie. Like for example : Why don't loki just kill all of the super hero at the air plane, with his ability to make mirror image of him self there is no problem at all to kill at least captain america , black widow , fury , iron man when he is not armed. Second contradiction is with the alien army , If those aliens are so advanced enough to have a massive teleportation device then they should be able to wipe out all human in earth with some kind of super technology weapon instead of shooting laser beam from their gun.

If they make the movie more violence and blood, i can assure you avengers is a good movie. Again i mean no offense at all and just giving my honest opinion.

Evilwanderer wrote:

No offense but avengers is a really lame movie. They wasted so much money on hiring so many top actors just to make junk movie.

The worst mistake they make is there are too many contradiction in avengers movie. Like for example : Why don't loki just kill all of the super hero at the air plane, with his ability to make mirror image of him self there is no problem at all to kill at least captain america , black widow , fury , iron man when he is not armed. Second contradiction is with the alien army , If those aliens are so advanced enough to have a massive teleportation device then they should be able to wipe out all human in earth with some kind of super technology weapon instead of shooting laser beam from their gun.

If they make the movie more violence and blood, i can assure you avengers is a good movie. Again i mean no offense at all and just giving my honest opinion.

So you basically want a violent superhero movie? Go watch Man of Steel if you wanna see a shit ton of destruction scenes.

Yeah i heard the new superman movie is nice. Thanks for the recommendation.

Man of Steel sucks massive, massive dong.  Horrible, logic-deprived story, muddy-as-hell CGI and Henry Caville as Supes/Clark Kent has all the charisma as a block of wood.  Huge waste of time and a major disappointment, IMO.

^^I've heard more of Lon's opinion than otherwise and I'm staying away fropm this one for now.

LoudLon wrote:

Man of Steel sucks massive, massive dong.  Horrible, logic-deprived story, muddy-as-hell CGI and Henry Caville as Supes/Clark Kent has all the charisma as a block of wood.  Huge waste of time and a major disappointment, IMO.

Most movies are sucks nowadays , same like music. It is rare to find a good one.

azathoth wrote:

^^
Fox has made enough off their stuff that they wouldn't give up the right for less a few gazillion dollars.  (Well OK, Daredevil would only cost about $8.50 and a cup of coffee, but you get the idea.) 

Smart move would be for them to negotiate a 60/40 deal between the 2 of them.  Sony holds the rights, but Marvel has production control, and gross (not net) profits go 60/40.  Then they could do lots of funky things ala The Avengers.  But we all know how those assless-monkeys work in Hollywood.

Since FOX  didn't do anything with DD the movie rights went back to disney. I hope disney can do something with the character he's one of my favorite comic book characters.

Favorite super hero movie and there's been some pretty damn good ones!

I agree man of steel was not a good movie. I thought Diane Lane and Kevin Costner were the best part of the movie and would like to have seen more of them