Topic: Halloween Fest Movie Marathon Request for Help

I know this seems like a long time away, but I need to create a crew to help me with this.  We would screen all suggestions of movies.  We'd have to make up a nice order of films so people could come and go and not miss 4 great movies in a row.  You would be responsible at some point for being in charge of the chat.  You would NOT be responsible for recording anything- if I want to try it, I'll do it.  You would just need to be there to call people into the conversation.

Let me know.

Last edited by azathoth (2011-08-09 16:15:01)

Re: Halloween Fest Movie Marathon Request for Help

No one?  (Lon has said he'd help)

Got a 2nd volunteer.   (Morgey)

I'll help.

^  Was that to me?  Confused?

Anyway...I totally appreciate you doin this Az.  Hope we can get enough help so you can get some time to chill...or even just jump in and participate without havin to run things...if you're ok with that.

Somehow my "Thank you" post disappeared.  Hmm.  Anyhoo, you'll just need to stand in and invite people in and announce the start of a movie while I'm sleeping/dying.

Ok...now I'm really confused.  Did a Post just disappear?

hey bud as long as im not at school or work I would love to help out as long as you let me know what im doing buddy smile

azathoth wrote:

Somehow my "Thank you" post disappeared.  Hmm.  Anyhoo, you'll just need to stand in and invite people in and announce the start of a movie while I'm sleeping/dying.

^^^  This was my doing, and was completely by accident.  Check the PM I just sent you. lol

^  Lon...if you deleted Az's Post cuz of what was written, then we are in serious trouble and you have been replaced by something or somebody else.  smile

^^^ Modfail lol lol

It was a stupid mistake.  As a mod, I have access to an "edit" button that regular users don't.  Unfortunately, that "edit" button appears in the space where the "quote" button appears for a regular user (the "quote" button is actually bumped over a space).

Force of habit from having been just a regular for so long.  I meant to click "quote," and clicked "edit" by mistake and didn't realize it until I'd already submitted it.  lol

RTFL Lon RTFL lol

In my own defense I have never once claimed to be a genius.  And in case I have, I'll ret-con it now and say I was just kidding. big_smile

Cap Howdy wrote:

^^^ Modfail lol lol

Right here  ^^
http://puttingonthefoil.com/wpfiles/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/awesome.jpg

Sorry Lon, it was too funny!  big_smile

Oh, believe me, I'm laughing at me just as hard as you guys are right now. lol

OK OK OK!

Everyone calm down.  No, wait a second.... lol  OK, now we're good.

Thanks JJ, you'll just have to stand in and invite people into the conversation and announce the start of movies.

It's not hard, after about 10 minutes of pre-setup, all you have to do is hit a button to invite people in.

And the movies will be scheduled in advance, so if people aren't ready, tough for them they can catch up.

Last edited by azathoth (2011-08-10 17:24:05)

sounds good bud as long as im not in class im in! smile

JJ wrote:

sounds good bud as long as im not in class im in! smile

The thing is going for 3 straight days- literally.  I think you can find a few hours to jump in as the boss.

o for sure i thought it was just on the day of Halloween XD i dont pay attention very well

Oh, by the way, did I mention that the volunteers get input on which movies will be watched, and in what order?

hahaha i already said yes, you dont need to bribe me.....though it is appreciated big_smile big_smile

LoudLon wrote:

It was a stupid mistake.  As a mod, I have access to an "edit" button that regular users don't.  Unfortunately, that "edit" button appears in the space where the "quote" button appears for a regular user (the "quote" button is actually bumped over a space).

Force of habit from having been just a regular for so long.  I meant to click "quote," and clicked "edit" by mistake and didn't realize it until I'd already submitted it.  lol

Notice how many times Lon calls us "regulars."  Lon, I'm surprised you still converse with us lowly simple people!  wink

I'm sorry, could you repeat that?  I didn't hear what you said from my position so far above you. big_smile

JJ wrote:

hahaha i already said yes, you dont need to bribe me.....though it is appreciated big_smile big_smile

Oh, that wasn't for you (but you do get to do it!), I still need about 4 more randomly place people to cover 24 hour periods.

Some Aussies would be a useful addition, ahem.

Anyone get the feeling this is going to totally blow up in my face?  Heh!