Re: Last Documentary You Watched?

Rush: Beyond the Lighted Stage

I want to see that Lemmy doc. Is there much Hawkwind in the film? Me loves Hawkwind

a few members of Hawkwind talk about Lem, but there's hardly any footage of them together

OH well at least I got me some Hawkwind footage. Its the best music in this or any dimension!
Thanks Horsey for the info.

Loved the Lemmy doc-  I have got tickets to go see Motorhead in February smile

Awesome Dirtygirl.... I'm a dirtyguy who would love to be next to ya... in that seat

Lol-   There is no way my son will give up that ticket!  Lucky kid huh?

hmmm I just might have a chance after all .... lucky me??

Nightmares In Red White And Blue. Horror movie documentary showing the influences of American culture into horror films throughout the decades. Pretty good!

Satanis: The Devil's Mass

The Creature wrote:

Engorged: The life and times of Sr. Hairy Schnitzel

Sounds cool

The last one I watched was Feist: Look at What the Light Did Now. It was pretty good.

My favorites though are Exit Through the Gift Shop and My Kid Could Paint That.

God Bless Ozzy Ozbourne

A little light on details and could have been longer, a good watch for all Ozzy and Sabbath fans.

More Brains-ROTLD  loved it smile

swollenguy wrote:
The Creature wrote:

Engorged: The life and times of Sr. Hairy Schnitzel

Sounds cool

Ha! ... tongue

Alice Cooper: Prime Cuts

Normal Life - About legalizing marijuana.

Watching - Eyes of the Mothman - right now.  Kinda long so not sure when I'll finish it.

Halloween: 25 Years of Terror

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre: A Family Portrait

Uwe Boll's Auschwitz. It played more like a docu-drama. This dude usually takes a lot of slack for his films, but I felt he handled this subject matter really well. However, if you've seen the trailer then you have seen the worst scene in the film.
I think its his best film, but its not really a film in the sense. Although, if you are already clued up on Auschwitz this one doesn't really add anything new. Just some scenes that some may find hard to watch.

American Grindhouse: A narrative look at the history of the Grindhouse theaters and exploitation films.

U2: The Making of the Joshua Tree album

Last edited by Underdog (2011-12-29 13:12:02)

Metallica- Some kind of Monster

Metallica-A Year in the Life

^^^ I own both of those and love each one.  I used to show Some Kind of Monster to in-patient clients during free time back when I was an addiction counselor, because of Hetfield leaving halfway through filming to enter rehab, and how his absence and then return and his need to adhere to a recovery schedule affected his bandmates and family.  Sure it was supposed to be about covering the band as they recorded the St. Anger album, but the real story was Hetfield's addiction.  Great documentary; you don't even have to be a fan of the band to be moved by it.

Ya,  I enjoyed that one.  You're right it is more about the effect of Drug Addiction than the music.  The  best moment  was when Lars is screaming F*ck at James. Funny stuff. I Also liked the scene with Lars and Dave Mustaine.

Last edited by DirtyGirl (2011-12-30 18:14:25)

^^^ Both are great parts, though Mustaine comes off as kind of whiney and "poor me"-ish.  Great musician, but he was kicked out of the band because he was drunk all the time.  Get over it, dude.  Of course it is kind of ironic that years later Hetfield left temporarily because of the same thing. lol

I also thought it was interesting, and very true to life, when Lars is giving James shit because of his recovery schedule.  To a person in addiction recovery, their recovery schedule is essential.  You have to be selfish because recovery is your prime directive above all else, including family, friends and business, or it's doomed to failure.  And Lars' reaction, how Het's schedule angered and irritated him, I saw that stuff all the time from clients' families and friends.  It's not a wrong reaction; it's natural to be angry when you have to bend your own life to accommodate someone who got themselves into Hetfield's mess, but that he wasn't as understanding as he could have been actually made me dislike the little Danish prick a bit. lol

Yes they all came off as being a little whiney and spoiled.  I am reading Dave's  biography right now and he definitely never got over or forgave Lars for dumping him.   But if Lars and James didn't fire him, we would only have Metallica instead of Megadeth and Metallica. big_smile

Media Malpractice - About the media bias (understatement) that helped get President Obama elected.  Regardless where you sit on the political spectrum, it is hard to argue that the press was fair and unbiased during the 2008 election campaigns.

Marijuana: A Chronic History