Re: Last Documentary You Watched?

MistressOf Horror wrote:

recently I watched   Inside Deep Throat  lol it was actrually interesting ..  everything that happened when this movie came out and the years after..
http://ec1.images-amazon.com/images/P/B000A1INIU.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

and I watched Nightmares in Red White and Blue

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_W6iVE9QpO2c/TNLEYnaQNfI/AAAAAAAAA5c/fFo0oPdNSxE/s1600/nightmaresposter.jpg

I've seen both and while I enjoyed Nightmares in Red, White and Blue, Inside Deep Throat is the obvious winner here. lol

LoudLon wrote:
Ghostseeker wrote:

Whatever it was that happened, I hope the person, or persons, that murdered those boys rot in hell.

This part we both completely agree on.  The saddest thing about this whole WM3 thing is the fact that the sensationalism of the whole "did they or didn't they" thing has completely trivialized the fact that there are three little boys who will never celebrate another birthday, be hugged by their mothers, enjoy a first kiss, graduate high school... 

Since I first learned about this case back in '99, my anger has always been with the judicial system, but my sympathies have always been with the victims' parents.  As a father myself I cannot imagine how devastating it is to lose a child, and I wouldn't want to imagine.

I actually am going to watch these documentaries next..  As always whenever I watch any news or documentaries about the murder of a child I never stop thinking of the horrors the children had to face before death and like you Lon, as a parent, I wouldnt WANT to imagaine how those parents feel. This case always frustrated me, because #1 if the boys were the murderers- they never showed remorse or paid a big enough price. #2 If the boys didnt do it-then the killer or killers are roaming around free . Either way. the judical system failed those boys..

If you've never seen them, steel yourself because they don't flinch when it comes to showing the boys' bodies or their wounds.  It was an ugly crime, and the footage reflects as much.

Also, while GS and I may disagree on the points of the case itself, I do agree with him that the filmmakers don't make much of an effort to be objective; they're obviously biased, and paint those who think the WM3 are guilty as almost comically slanted against them.

^ Lon I appreciate you acknowledging that.

Yeah, Mistress, check em out.  They are well done.  The third one had the most graphic pics....just fyi.

Just please keep in mind you are seeing a film(s) done with the cooperation and support of the WM3.  Also note in the first one, Beyer (a parent) is painted as a bad guy, with suggestions he did it, till he changes sides and believes the boys are innocent.  Then in the later ones they blame Hobbs (a different parent).

Anyway...let is know what you think.  smile

Last edited by Ghostseeker (2012-01-21 01:01:05)

MistressOf Horror wrote:

This case always frustrated me, because #1 if the boys were the murderers- they never showed remorse or paid a big enough price. #2 If the boys didnt do it-then the killer or killers are roaming around free . Either way. the judical system failed those boys..

Amen to that.

Pearl Jam: Twenty.  Great doc celebrating the 20th anniversary of Pearl Jam, directed by Cameron Crowe.

In Search of the Great Beast 666: Aleister Crowley (2007).  At two hours and five minutes, I was expecting a lot of details and interviews with experts on the occult and what-not.  What I got instead was two hours and five minutes of hammy actors reading from Crowley's journals and a tedious narrator dragging out his lines while adding uninteresting anecdotes in between. 

A complete bore; if you come across it, don't waste your time.

^^damn I actually had that on my radar too... That's disappointing

Manufacturing Dissent

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre: Family Portrait Revisited

an interesting documentary

http://www.meijer.com/assets/product_images/styles/xlarge/1000627_MTI1067DD_A_400.jpg

'Resurrect Death: The Mystery of the Toynbee Tiles'
Haven't see it yet, but it has a great back story, and most of it occurs in Philadelphia.  Supposedly a bit freaky.
The trailer.

Food Inc. -- I have actually seen this one before but its been a couple years...major eye opener and a scary, look inside the food industry which effect everyone. Should not be missed.

The Magic Trip. 8.5/10

A documentary on Ken Kesey and The Merry Pranksters. Good stuff.

azathoth wrote:

'Resurrect Death: The Mystery of the Toynbee Tiles'
Haven't see it yet, but it has a great back story, and most of it occurs in Philadelphia.  Supposedly a bit freaky.
The trailer.

Ive been interested in seeing this.. was it good Az ?

^^
Haven't seen it yet.  Haven't tracked down a place to rent it yet.  sad
I'll post a review when I do.

^ I just added it to my Flix queue.  They don't have it instant though.  I'm assuming you don't have Flix, so I realize this doesn't help you, but thought I'd mention it.

^^
The problem is I have Instant Netflix.  sad
First place I checked.  Checked Red Box, too.

^ Weird.  How can that be?  I had it as a choice to add, and I added it.  Thought they just had one plan....don't understand how it's available for me, but not you.  Odd.

^^
It split about 6 months ago- you can have Instant only, DVD only, or both.  If you did nothing, you kept both.  Since we streamed way more stuff, we dropped the mail part, which cut the (new) price in half.

I'll see it eventually.  When you see it, let me and MoH know what you thought?

American: Bill Hicks. 10/10
smile

The Best Worst Movie Ever. If you haven't seen this by now, you definitely should.

^^^ I have that and despite hearing nothing but good things, I keep putting it off.  One of these days...

The End of America 8.5/10
Really good, and scary. It's a documentary about how the U.S. is very quickly becoming a fascist country due to the diminishment of civil liberties and the undermining of the Constitution, and the passing of certain unconstitutional legislations during the Bush Jr. administration years.

South of the Border 8/10
Oliver Stone's documentary on media bias about Hugo Chavez, president of Venezuela.

A/K/A Tommy Chong.  8/10

Started watching 100 years of Horror hosted by Christopher Lee.  I am on disc 2 of 5.