Re: Last Documentary You Watched?

Power and Terror: Noam Chomsky In Our Times

Pretty good introduction into Chomsky's works/speeches.

Independent Intervention 8/10

Media propaganda on the US invasion of Iraq, and the need to challenge corporate media in favor of independent journalism and democracy.

Outfoxed: Rupert Murdoch's War On Journalism  8/10

Goes into depth of how the FOX News organization and its agenda works. Interesting for sure.

The Burning Man: Beyond Black Rock
8/10

Awesome looking festival and some pretty sweet art, I wanna go to this sometime in my life.

^^You're not from America... So we'll forgive you for saying you want to go. lol lol lol

Oh, I'm from the U.S. big_smile  lol

^^........................ In that case.............. There is no excuse!!!!!!! lol lol lol lol lol lol lol

Going to Pieces: Rise and Fall of the Slasher Film. As reviewed by Drew. Really fun and interesting one. Cool to hear things from the point of view of all the really important people in film.

Watched Disc 3 of 5   100 Years of Horror hosted by Christopher Lee

Nightmares in red white and blue. I really enjoyed this one.

Shut Up Little Man

MacheteMassacre wrote:

The Best Worst Movie Ever. If you haven't seen this by now, you definitely should.

I am planning on watching this..

just watched  Flesh & Blood about body modification. interesting what people do to their bodies.

MistressOf Horror wrote:
MacheteMassacre wrote:

The Best Worst Movie Ever. If you haven't seen this by now, you definitely should.

just watched  Flesh & Blood about body modification. interesting what people do to their bodies.

Is that the one about Troll 2?

z3r0c00l wrote:
MistressOf Horror wrote:
MacheteMassacre wrote:

Is that the one about Troll 2?

Yep that's the one. I plan on watching it soon if I can find it.. I'm sure I will need to find Troll 2 first though.

Alex Grey: Chapel of Sacred Mirrors

- Really cool art, and lots of great insights from Alex Grey. Definitely worth checking out if you're into the tibetan/buddhism spiritualism and psychedelia stuff.

Ram Dass: Fierce Grace

Very good story, plus interesting insights into the Timothy Leary/Ram Dass/Ralph Metzner world of the late 60's.

The Many Days of Day of the Dead

Wavy Gravy: Saint Misbehavin'

8/10

Boy, I love these hippie documentaries. lol

z3r0c00l wrote:

^^........................ In that case.............. There is no excuse!!!!!!! lol lol lol lol lol lol lol

B'okay! tongue   lol

Caught the end of 'Zombie Girl: The Movie' about Emily Hagins and the making of her first full length movie 'Pathogen' at the age of 12.

Best Worst Movie. Best documentary Ive seen a long while. I really like how it focused on the people who starred in the movie whereas with some other documentaries are too filled with facts or shots of random scenery etc. The actors, especially Hardy were all really likable people and engaging. That woman, Margo however was a bit crazy. I like how her and the director actually think it is a move. It is a amazing movie only because it is so bad, so they are half right.

I haven't actually seen the whole movie itself, just various clip on YouTube etc but i think im gonna watch the whole thing now.

Albert Einstein - BBC documentary on YouTube.

Focuses a bit more on Einstein's later years in his career, while he was working on his 'Theory of Everything'.

Lovecraft: Fear of the Unknown.  Second time watching this nicely comprehensive documentary on both the life and works of one of horror literature's more...socially questionable auteurs.  But one of the more oddly fascinating things about this documentary has nothing at all to do with its subject matter, but the sole female interviewee -- an author named Caitlan R. Keirnan who is obviously a woman but has a decidely manly voice.  The first time I watched this, I had it playing on my PC while doing dishes, just to have something to listen to.  I hear this guy talking and he made an interesting point, so I looked over at the PC and holy shit, it's a chick!  This broad could do movie trailer voice overs, for Pete's sake. lol

The Buddha -9/10

Very good documentary on the life and teachings of Siddhartha Gautama.

Bowling for columbine. 10/10

No one I've ever met who was born before 1990 has not heard of Columbine. I was 7 when it happened and remember it vividly being shown on the news here in the UK. The doc has probably been watched by most people so I highly doubt people here havnt heard of it but I'd never seen it until tonight. I am saddened, sickened, tear stained and enlightened but sadly not shocked. The images shown will stay with me forever but horrifyingly I see this stuff every single day on the news.