Topic: Where do you prefer to watch a horror movie? Theater or Home?

I don't know what it is but i just enjoy watching movies in the theater better. What do you think?

Re: Where do you prefer to watch a horror movie? Theater or Home?

I agree but the only real big disadvantage of watching a movie in the theater is that you couldn't pause the movie if you had to go to the bathroom or something like you could at home. And when your watching a movie at home, you could relax a whole lot better than at the movies. But there's something about watching a movie at the theater that seems to just make the movie much more enjoyable.

HorrorAddict wrote:

I agree but the only real big disadvantage of watching a movie in the theater is that you couldn't pause the movie if you had to go to the bathroom or something like you could at home. And when your watching a movie at home, you could relax a whole lot better than at the movies. But there's something about watching a movie at the theater that seems to just make the movie much more enjoyable.

Yeah what he said

me i'm a home type of guy, I enjoy it more sure there's commercials and stuff sometime, but i'me fine with that, it's just for some reason when im in the theatre and after awhile I get tired, and I want to sleep for some reason haha, i'm weird like that hahaha.

Personally I love both but the theater experience just gives it the edge and I often find myself more frightened in theaters and who doesn't love to be scared.

Last edited by HORRORKID (2011-08-24 12:31:27)

Home. 
But with one exception- one of those places that serve food while you eat just opened.  Monster comfy chairs, swinging arms to put stuff on, wide isles, wine for Vampy.  The interesting part is that the movie itself is the same price as a crowded multiplex, and the food is comparable to a chain restaurant in quality & price.  So for an extra $15 me & Vamps can eat out & watch a film.  But still only for films we really want to see; last 'Harry Potter' in 3D was the last one.

Yeah Ive been to one of those dinner and a movie places. The food was better than I expected. lol

Maybe we could get back to where going to the movies was more of an experience rather than 'cram them rats in the shoebox.'  I'd actually go more often.

I prefer the theater (though I prefer a drive-in even more) but I hate when the audience makes comments and shouts at the screen and otherwise detracts from the film.  I paid to watch a movie, not to listen to the fuckin' idiots around me talk for two hours straight.

It's a catch 22; I'm a people person who hates people in general. lol

I prefer the cinema, but there are rarely any films I wanna see, and especially not for $20 a pop. Yes, Norway's expensive.

If it's a movie I really want to see, definitely the cinema.
Unfortunately, I get dragged to movies I don't wanna see most of the time, like "The Incredible Hulk" and "The Fast and the Furious". hmm

The only movies I enjoyed watching in the theater were Inglorious Basterds and The Dark Knight. Hoping for more fun movie experience when I get myself a car........and a job. lol

Same here haha lol

I caught quite a few movies this summer at the theatre, but no horror movies. I may go see Apollo 18, depending on cash flow at the time. That being said, I way prefer to watch horror movies at home, and catch the big budget explosion action superhero type fare at the theatre.

home, the beer is cheaper.

On the big screen for sure. Nothing beats the Cinema experience.

Every horror movie I've seen in the theaters recently, I've enjoyed more once I saw it again at home. Reason... people fucking suck! If you wanna have a damned conversation, then STAY HOME! I didn't pay $10 to hear your inane fucking chatter... asshole! I also didn't pay $10 to hear your "witty banter" after every kill/scare. If you poke fun at the flick, then clearly you're NOT a genre fan, so why the fuck are you there? There were 4 stereotypical "jock" assholes at DBAOTD, who just HAD to share their views, but only during the quiet scenes. Smart enough to know when we'd hear them... which is something I guess.

Last horror flick I had a truly great experience at the theater with was Blair Witch Project. Tiny amounts of chatter, that frittered away within the first 20min, and ended with the whole audience silent. Small groups on the way out saying things like, "I'm never going camping again.", and "I ain't sleeping tonight." Never heard one complaint from anyone. Even 2 jock looking dudes were silent with a "holy shit" look on their faces.

So yea, home all the way for me. I can hear the flick, see it, and not have to yell at some inconsiderate asstard who won't shut the fuck up during the movie.

Home. I HATE noisy people in a theater.

Zed - I could not have written it better myself.  That is E X A C T L Y how I feel.  The only thing I would add are the jack asses that feel the need to be on their cell phoned during the movie.

I wouldn't have even replied to your Post, except had to, cuz oddly enough, when I saw Blair Witch it was the exact same way.  It was a sell out.  People were sitting in the aisles.  I was right next to strangers.  Yet, it was one of the best movie experiences I've had cuz people were respectful and shut the fuk up.  Normally, even if there is one other person in the theater, it will be some jack ass that walks in right after the previews and is loud and annoying.  Yet, here I was at Blair Witch, full house and almost silent.

Silly people, you have to remember to bring the tranq guns when you go to the theatre!  big_smile

^  Point taken.  big_smile

Always gots to be the monkey to point stuff out.   Sigh.  Invent fire by farting into a lightning bolt (to be honest that was a fraternity dare), making the wheel (OK, that one was some guy trying to impress a gril monkey with "Big Balls"), the poo-flinging catapult (favorite against the French).