Re: 2011-2012 NFL and College Football Thread

At least PSU won.   Eagles choked like a tiny hooker on a firehose.

edit- no, I'm not even going to try and find a pic for that one.

Last edited by azathoth (2011-09-26 13:51:28)

Chargers edge out the Chiefs 20-17. SD is now 2-1 on the season and play the Dolphins at home wk 4.

it sucks Arizona lost again, but watching Buffalo beat New England almost made it better lol

Underdog wrote:

Chargers edge out the Chiefs 20-17. SD is now 2-1 on the season and play the Dolphins at home wk 4.

We should get a win next week. lol

^   I'm a hoping, but what I'm most happy about is the Bolts starting out strong this yr. Unlike the last few seasons where as they had to make a late charge in the latter part of the season to stay in contention.

My one yearly trip down to Tuscaloosa..... Sept 24.... the Tide and the Hogs .

Awesome weekend!!!

Great game !!
Great new friends !!

Sad to be back in Canada!!!!

http://i670.photobucket.com/albums/vv68/ghostcinderella/tide5.jpg

^^
I don't like you.  Your team keeps beating Penn State.  tongue

I won't talk smack...

Anxiously excited about the Wisconsin / Nebraska game Saturday.

^^
And in primetime, to boot.  Also ND-Purdue.  I was looking over my TV schedule, and I have 9 B10 teams being shown.  'Bama-Florida & Clemson-VT should also be good.  And who did Nevada beat/nearly beat a few years ago, Boise or TCU?  Just asking because Nevada is playing Boise this weekend.  PSU will probably blow the Indiana game somehow. sad

azathoth wrote:

^^

And who did Nevada beat/nearly beat a few years ago, Boise or TCU?  Just asking because Nevada is playing Boise this weekend.  PSU will probably blow the Indiana game somehow. sad

Penn State while not a sure bet is a fairly solid one. While they let the Hoosiers claim 14 for a late 3Q 24-24 tie last year, Penn ultimately won the game after scoring another 17 unanswered. Besides, historically Penn is 14-0 against Indie with an average 17 pt margin of victory.

Nevada, after years of one-score losses, finally beat Boise last year in OT . Let's hope they do it again this year.

Oh, Penn State did try to give away the game today.  4 turnovers, 1 two yards from the endzone.  Eeeshh.

Looks like 'Bama is handling Florida pretty well.

http://i52.tinypic.com/rcoahi.jpg

Dominating!

Oh for Cthulhu's sake!
FOX TV commentator just said that "3rd and 2 is not short yardage, it's a passing down."  Oh, and the team then ran it straight up the middle for a 1st down.  20 seconds of silence ensued.

Anyone conversant with football can now bang their heads against a wall.

So, the Eagles have blown a lead for the 3rd straight game in the 4th quarter.  Seriously?  The Maginot Line was more robust than the Eagles defense in the 4th quarter (the Germans at least had to go around it, rather than just punch right through the middle, as per the Iggles).

http://i56.tinypic.com/2lvbur9.jpg

The bolts are likely heading for their 3rd win up 26-16 in the 4th.

SD Chargers win again, beating the lowly Dolphins 26-16, and are 3-1 on the season. Nice...

Cardinals lost again but the Texans won so yay!

Roll Tide!

RTR!

Alabama - 38 Florida - 10

Vanderbilt is up next.

Vanderbilt by 21.
lol

The Cowboys dominated the first half against the Lions but then gave the game away! Being a Cowboys fan has been frustrating the last couple of years to say the least!

Suspiria_89 wrote:

RTR!

Alabama - 38 Florida - 10

Vanderbilt is up next.

Would love to see that one too... but the $$$$$ !!!!

Nevertheless, with every trip to Tuscaloosa, I find new ways to save money on the trip.
This time I saved mega $$$$ flying out of Buffalo, and not out of Canada, which only the stupid or the rich dare to do.

And next time.... I'm booking motels myself directly with the motel. FnCK Hotels.com. They ripped me off on my motels, jacking me for nearly TRIPLE the going rate. BEWARE!!!!

Last edited by Bunshinsaba (2011-10-04 22:52:43)

PSU up by 3.  smile

Ah, I feel slightly better now- Penn State beat Iowa, go to 5-1 on the season.  Would be undefeated except for those Crimson Elephants; you know who you are...

Uh huh, just you wait....
http://fengshui.soldgood.com/images/categories/elephant01.jpg