Re: 2011-2012 NFL and College Football Thread

Wow, the Philly Eagles are powerfully bad.  Two "Dream Teams", two complete failures (for the Eagles, at least so far).  Flyers are looking good, though.  Too bad I don't really care hockey that much.  I wonder if we have a table tennis team.....

http://i1135.photobucket.com/albums/m640/ghostfinder8/gb2helmets1insignia.jpg

5 and oh.  Sweet.

S.D. Chargers continue their winning ways. This time beating the Broncos in a close one 26-24. They are now 4-1 on the season and get to rest up wk 6 with a bye.

Bills won which is awesome, Houston lost which sucks

JJ wrote:

Bills won which is awesome, Houston lost which sucks

Yeah... Marcel Dareus!!  Roll Tide !!!   Roll Bills !!!

Interesting night for college football.
The Hawai'i - San Jose St. game featured 12 combined turnovers, a blocked PAT returned for 2 points, and at least 1 block FG.

Also, the Mountain West and Conference USA are going to combine (football only) to form a 22 team conference.  Um, what?!  All of this craziness just because the Big Ten wanted a 12th team so it could have a championship game.

Penn State wins in ugly game, goes to 6-1.

Big game against the Jets today.

Wow...if I was a Charger fan I'd be P I S S E D!  Good game though.

Penn State now up to 8-1.
Eagles finally find a groove and clout the Cowboys.

Ghostseeker wrote:

Wow...if I was a Charger fan I'd be P I S S E D!  Good game though.

Not so much pissed as I am disappointed!!! Thought the win was "in the bag."

So mad, I've been able to watch every University of Michigan football game this year and today, the game starts at noon and I work 10-2 so will miss about half of it, maybe a little more.  I'm hoping that it drags on so I can at least come in at 3rd quarter.

Great game last night: Ala vs LSU. Not a fan of either team, but what a battle it was, even going to OT.

S.D. Chargers have their work cut out for them today, playing the SB champs GB Packers who are currently still undefeated.

^ I'm a huge Alabama fan so I hate it that they lost, but I have to admit it was one hell of a game.

Last edited by Ghostseeker (2011-11-06 21:20:43)

^^ Boo..Hiss..

Rivers 2 early int's for TD's killed us. Good game though and at least we kept it interesting in the end.

Underdog wrote:

^^ Boo..Hiss..

Rivers 2 early int's for TD's killed us.

Yep...and I'll take it.  smile  Plus Rodgers had a great game too.

It was a good game though.  Rivers looked awesome at times.  Gates too.  They really picked apart the Pack defense.  If you get three interceptions, two for TD's, you should destroy an opponent.  Obviously that didn't happen.  Think this actually could be a spring board for the Chargers.

Still...Pack came out with the win, and are still perfect, and that is awesome.

Last edited by Ghostseeker (2011-11-06 22:13:43)

Packers defence are giving up a lot of points but they look unstoppable on offence.

Cowboys won, not super impressed but a W is a W!

ChainSaW80 wrote:

Packers defence are giving up a lot of points but they look unstoppable on offence.

Having a good RB (D. Murray) has really helped Dallas. The LB's will no longer just drop back into coverage against Dallas. That should open up the middle of the field for, Romo-to-Witten.

Last edited by Underdog (2011-11-06 23:00:48)

Ghostseeker wrote:
Underdog wrote:

^^ Boo..Hiss..

Rivers 2 early int's for TD's killed us.

Yep...and I'll take it.  smile  Plus Rodgers had a great game too.

It was a good game though.  Rivers looked awesome at times.  Gates too.  They really picked apart the Pack defense.  If you get three interceptions, two for TD's, you should destroy an opponent.  Obviously that didn't happen.  Think this actually could be a spring board for the Chargers.

Still...Pack came out with the win, and are still perfect, and that is awesome.

Pack has a descent chance of going undefeated barring any injuries. Their in a class of their own right now and look unstoppable. GL to your packers, GS!!

Yea Gates & Rivers looked good, but V. Jackson was
the man," today.

Raiders coming up on Thurs. We really need a win after losing 3 in a row now!

http://i1135.photobucket.com/albums/m640/ghostfinder8/gb2.jpg

I hate the Vikings.  GREAT to dominate them.  9-0.

After a 4-1 start, the S.D. Chargers lose their 5th straight game to the surging 7-3 Chicago Bears. The Chargers are now a dismal 4-6 on the yr. Coach Norv Turner has no answers for the downward spiral, and just may have NO job in the very near future because of it. Which would be alright with me!!

Oh yea, and...FUCK, FUCK, FUCK!!!

Sorry Dog, was rooting for the Chargers. 

Not pretty but I'll take ten and oh!

Thanks to the eagles the cowboys are now the top of the nfc east!!! I hope they can continue to win....I don't expect anything great but 10 wins would be great and maybe a chance at the playoffs.

Underdog wrote:
ChainSaW80 wrote:

Having a good RB (D. Murray) has really helped Dallas. The LB's will no longer just drop back into coverage against Dallas. That should open up the middle of the field for, Romo-to-Witten.

Yea, Murray Is on pace to become the next emmett smith. And your exactly right because Romo has being playing great as has Witten the last few weeks.

Last edited by ChainSaW80 (2011-11-21 00:05:44)