Re: Worst Remakes

JJ wrote:

NOES remake everything about that movie is terrible from the CGI to the Batman sounding voice and the stupid and boring way the plot is put together

I can pretty much just echo this.  The worst thing is I new it would be horrible, had to watch it anyway, and then it was worse than I even thought it would be.

fmvgamer wrote:

I thought the fright night remake wasn't that great. Certainly lacked the things that made the first one so good - the slow build , the sensuality , the music , the humor.
It was too straight forward and just bland.

Lacked sensuality? I so have to disagree! Colin Farrell burned up that camera lens xD

Ghostseeker wrote:
JJ wrote:

NOES remake everything about that movie is terrible from the CGI to the Batman sounding voice and the stupid and boring way the plot is put together

I can pretty much just echo this.  The worst thing is I new it would be horrible, had to watch it anyway, and then it was worse than I even thought it would be.

I took my niece to see it in the theater, also knowing it was going to be mediocre at best, but I was wrong.  At best it's horrid.  When it ended my niece, who was 18 at the time, looked at me and said "Uncle, that kind of sucked." lol

BASSI wrote:

The Amityville Horror (2005)
A Nightmare on elm street
The Omen
Friday 13th
Halloween 1 and 2
House on hauted Hill
April Fool's Day
Don't be Afraid of the Dark
Sorority Row

You really thought Amityville was that bad?? In comparison to the original or just in general as a movie. I thought it was pretty good and I was actually impressed by Reynold's ability to not suck as much. Haha

House on Haunted Hill though... wow... how's about scotty don't.

HorrorAddict wrote:

Here are some horror movie remakes that were just awful in my opinion:

Halloween
Psycho
One Missed Call
House Of Wax
Black Christmas

How could the remake of Psycho been bad? It was exactly shot and design like the original was but in color?

^^
Different actors.

Shadow People wrote:
HorrorAddict wrote:

Halloween
Psycho
One Missed Call
House Of Wax
Black Christmas

How could the remake of Psycho been bad? It was exactly shot and design like the original was but in color?

yeah but what's the point of remaking something scene for scene??

Ms45 wrote:
Shadow People wrote:
HorrorAddict wrote:

Halloween
Psycho
One Missed Call
House Of Wax
Black Christmas

yeah but what's the point of remaking something scene for scene??

But it was in glorious color!
lol

LoudLon wrote:
Ghostseeker wrote:
JJ wrote:

I took my niece to see it in the theater, also knowing it was going to be mediocre at best, but I was wrong.  At best it's horrid.  When it ended my niece, who was 18 at the time, looked at me and said "Uncle, that kind of sucked." lol

I almost fell asleep watching it, i was so bored it was mind blowing my gf at the time was so mad i dragged her to such a POS lol and i own it and its still sealed cause i wouldnt dare watch such a bad movie again XD

As for NoES- I caught about the last half hour on TV the other night, and I wasn't impressed.  I'm going to have to agree with the 'bad remake' option here.

Pfft y'all are just too focused on the original to see past it.

NOES remake was great. With Jackie Earle Haley as Freddy and actually having the balls to go explore his very darkest side, I thought it was great. A few of the background actors were bad yes but the girl who played Nancy was convincing. I really enjoy it, I actually watch it more than the original (though I love the original).

There is no such thing as a bad remake.  The only thing I don't like about remakes is that there has to be an original first.  If somehow we could just skip the original, and go right to the remake, things would be perfect.  I am also looking forward to more remakes being remade.

^^lol that's gonna be a sad day and its not that i put the original movies higher i feel a lot of the remakes are just bad and its because they are missing plot and replacing it with gore and thats not what i need in a movie for it to be good

Ghostseeker wrote:

There is no such thing as a bad remake.  The only thing I don't like about remakes is that there has to be an original first.  If somehow we could just skip the original, and go right to the remake, things would be perfect.  I am also looking forward to more remakes being remade.

So, essentially, you want new movies?  Or did I miss some sarcasm in there somewhere?

One missed call remake came on last night on TV , I got 15min into it and i had turn it the rubbish off!

the omen and psycho

I actually love my bloody valentine I own both versions as well as both of the House on haunted hills. I loved friday the 13th remake because I hated the original. I also loved house of wax I think its funny that most of yo uhate the remakes I love

hills have eyes and the tcm remake are probably the only remakes i really enjoyed. they both surprised me... in a good way.

any of the other remakes such as nightmare on elm street, halloween, etc have been extremely disappointing. but they should be smart enough not to even touch the classics.

i'm terrified to see the thing remake.

^^
"Thing" prequel actually, but I share your trepidation.

Has anyone mentioned The Haunting remake? Talk about horrible. From the cast, and by the way, Owen Wilson's character was only there to state the obvious. The fact that they removed all tension and the whole thing where you don't know if it's the main character's state of mind or it is ghosts...I'm so frustrated by it I don't know what to write.

Az - Yeah, I was being sarcastic.  Though there have been quite a few remakes I really enjoyed.

I loved the haunting remake! I thought it was really good, I havent seen the original yet though

revengebiteme wrote:

I loved the haunting remake! I thought it was really good, I havent seen the original yet though

That's why you like the remake.

but I have seen the original Friday the 13th, TCM and countless others and dont like them

but love the remakes

Last edited by revengebiteme (2011-10-13 01:17:28)

Ghostseeker wrote:

Az - Yeah, I was being sarcastic.  Though there have been quite a few remakes I really enjoyed.

Thought so, but just checking, heh.  big_smile

MacheteMassacre wrote:

Has anyone mentioned The Haunting remake? Talk about horrible. From the cast, and by the way, Owen Wilson's character was only there to state the obvious. The fact that they removed all tension and the whole thing where you don't know if it's the main character's state of mind or it is ghosts...I'm so frustrated by it I don't know what to write.

It's straight up comedy. The lead actress is sooooo bad, so so hilariously bad. I really thought it was supposed to be funny, like a parody or something.