Re: HFest Committee

i will try to make the late night ones with my cheetos and my soda.

H Fest is going great, you silly monkey! wink

Totally looking forward to this as well. smile
I will be there for many a' movie.

Cool.  I'm getting some more around-the-clock support by people to act as trouble shooters in case anything goes wrong when I'm not there.  Still trying to get some Aussies for the 12 hour shift; we'll see.

When does it start? I want to do this. I don't have a lot of the movies though lol. Is there like a time frame thing up?

Man I am so easily confused lol.

Baby-
It starts Friday, October 28th, at 6PM US Eastern time. 
The schedule is being worked on here-
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc … n_US#gid=0

The final list and schedule will be released around the 22nd or so.

Over the weekend (say 8PM Saturday, among other times) I'll hop on Skype if anyone wants to discuss slotting the movies for HFest.

I forgot I'm going to the inlaws next weekend for my sis-in-laws baby shower.  Yes, I'm going to be a thrice uncle.  I'll still release the final schedule next weekend.

Ok I will try to get on skype to talk to you about this. I don't have a lot of the movie but there are a few I really want to get in on like 'House of 1000 Corpses'.

^^
I'll stay logged in to Skype all weekend (starting at 10PM or so Friday night, my time) if anyone wants to chat (I'll invite everyone so you don't have to call me, you should auto login).  Not saying I'll be there the entire time, or any specific time, but I'll leave it open so you can leave a note for me.

edit- OK, what would you think about an 8PM (your time) of '1000 Corpses' and a 10PM (your time) of 'Devil's Rejects'?  I think that makes it 8AM my time, 1PM Brit time for 'Corpses'.  Would you prefer Saturday or Sunday?

(yes, the Aussies are getting special treatment since it's really hard for them to get into a live chat due to the time difference.  Same reason I start regular Movie Nights at 6PM so the Brits can be awake for at least one of the movies.)

Last edited by azathoth (2011-10-14 07:30:43)

Sat or sunday is fine! Whoop whoop ha ha

I will be on skype tonight too.

Got busy Saturday, sorry everyone if you were expecting me to show up (ha!).  I put Skype up so you can drop notes if I'm not on- seems stuff always happens when I plan on Skyp'ing.  When I don't, nothing happens.  Weird, eh?

Morning all.  Tomorrow Vampy & I leaving for the in-laws to go to my sis-in-laws baby shower.  They have internet, but it tends to be hectic there (lovely people, just crazy [in a nice way]).

So, since I need to announce the official HFest schedule sometime this weekend, if you have any more ideas on the schedule or movies, you can leave them in this thread.

Check here to see the candidate movies and suggested lineups.  If you want, you can leave notes there, too.  Just type them in, but don't type over anyone else's stuff.

Last couple of days to get your comments in.  If you'd like a certain film at a certain day/time, let me know.  We're doing this for all you HM members, and we try to fit in as may requests as possible.

So here or the spreadsheet linked above, leave your comments.  big_smile

Last edited by azathoth (2011-10-19 05:52:41)

Everyone please come to my session!!! I am planning on being very awesome about it lol.

I have a lot of facts and extra info to say. For American Psycho we can like have a massive quote fest, it will rock so hard.

^^
What she is going on about is that I set aside 8AM-4PM (US Eastern) for the Aussies on Saturday & Sunday.  They're 12 hours ahead, so they haven't been able to attend any Movie Nights.

For Saturday morning-
8AM- House of 1000 Corpses
10-  The Devil's Rejects
12-  American Psycho
2- Interview with a Vampire

Sunday morning will be some reruns of previous Movie Nights films or some other films.

Az, I think I'm being thick because it's 4.30am and I've been up all day, but are the Aussie showings simultaneous to other time zones or if we are up do we just jump right in with them?

All movies are scheduled to US Eastern time (when I post it in a day or two).  Since the Aussies are 12 hours ahead of me, my 8AM is their 8PM.  For the Brits that would be your 1PM time.

Everyone in the different time zones needs to check a time zone map to figure out the difference in times.

Real quick:
My noon is-
9AM Pacific time
11AM central time
5PM British time
Midnight Aussie time.

I'll see if I can get multiple time zone listings into the speadsheet which I'm going to post as a graphic here later.

I'm trying to make this as easy to understand as possible.  I'm just dealing with 1/2 of a freaking planet (at least we don't have any Russians or Asians planning to attend, then I'd have to deal with the damn Date Line).  No offense to either of those groups, you are wonderful people.

Last edited by azathoth (2011-10-21 22:47:13)

You're doing a fantastic job man, I've got myself confused just thinking about it all tongue

Seriously though, I'm sure people can just look at the time zone map to see when their times are if you post everything your time.

I'm really looking forward to it. Lots of coffee, going to try and see as much as I can and I think the 'prime time' showings are going to be about 5am my time big_smile

HorrorQueen17 wrote:

....... as I can and I think the 'prime time' showings are going to be about 5am my time big_smile

Actually, I'm going to try to make "prime time" at 6PM my time, 11PM Brit time.

Your 5AM would be my midnight time. 

I'll try to explain it all in the schedule.  (Gah, why can't everyone live in the same place!)

Azzie, I'm putting my schedule together but have a question: are we doing completely different movies around the clock, or are we doing twelve hour blocks and then re-running them for the next twelve hours for those who couldn't make it the first half of the day?  I ask, because most of the movie possibilities seem to have already been taken.  I could break out with some obscure stuff but I worry folks won't be able to get their hands on some of them.

So far I've got my 6am to 2pm worked out.

I am making a list. A horror movie info list for y'all.

Everyone come to mine..or suffer ha ha.

Baby_Firefly wrote:

I am making a list. A horror movie info list for y'all.

Everyone come to mine..or suffer ha ha.

i'm on my way tongue

Wolfy you'd better ha ha. Do you think people will want me to say this stuff? Like tell them info about the real IWTV characters and what was going on behind it and stuff.

Lon,
I'm going for mostly different movies straight through.  We could do some repeats if we deem them fit for such.  Obscure is OK, check to see if YouTube has 'em (man, they have some weird stuff on there).  There's no way everyone is going to have all 30+ movies.  Once you finish your list I'll cross check it against the Creatch & HQ's lists, and use my fine analytical mind to completely mess up everyones' list!

We're all flying blind here.  But if you're going to do something new, might as well make it exciting!  big_smile

^^Here here! Exciting and a touch complicated is much better than simple and boring big_smile

Nice about the time zones, 11pm is perfect. I'm sure if you've got an open house we would all come to you for Halloween lol then we are all in the same place! You'd need a fair amount of floor space though tongue

Last edited by HorrorQueen17 (2011-10-22 14:24:50)