Re: The Work Thread

i like my job but i would definitely enjoy just writing all day and working on this site. My hobby is always more fun then my JOB

Meh wrote:

i like my job but i would definitely enjoy just writing all day and working on this site. My hobby is always more fun then my JOB

Kind of surprised you can't make money off this site, but then I don't know your situation or what the potential for HM is, so... ignore this.

Any thought of popping in for HFest at all?  Flexible times, free bananas*, and the chance to win... um.... nothing!  I know several people that would love to hear you espouse your knowledge on a movie.

(*Free bananas only if you have your own banana tree)

azathoth wrote:

^^
Interesting job!  Get to carry a gun?
How does the truck handle, it's got to be like 6 tons with the armor?

Kind of surprised that people honk at you; around here people tend to give the guys a wide berth (so as to not make them nervous).

I get to have a pistol on me, but I'm waiting for my conceiled pistol liscense to clear through my county. Takes a little while. The trucks handle fine though. There are different ones, but there all good to go. There was ZERO training for this job too. I hear its like that too for any armored security company. Just glad I already knew how to drive anyway. As for the rest, just learn as you go.

I'm training on how to hijack armored vehicles from inexperienced drivers.

wow, such a small, spooky world sometimes.

http://picturesofyou.smackjeeves.com/files/RuPaul2012Work.png

i work at best buy in the product process department. I like the group we have in the department and have no problem with them. The only thing that i haven't got totally used to is having to start at 6:00 a.m tuesday to thursday and at 5:00 a.m on friday but it's getting a little bit easier though.

This is just not going to be my day.  Recruiter calls me up, says he has an opening for running a NOC (network operations center) troubleshooting satellite links.  Talk... <good stuff> talk.... "Oh, last question.  Do you have a Secret Clearance?"  Bollocks!  Turns out it is for the US Navy overseas, and felonies are auto-disqualifiers for clearances.  Going to have to see if I can get it pardoned or expunged.

That sucks Az, you should definitely see if you can get it expunged. Nothing to lose, right?

I just got a call saying I've got the job I got interviewed for. It's only temporary and part time for now, so I'll have to keep looking for other things alongside it, but I'm really pleased I got it!

HorrorQueen17 wrote:

That sucks Az, you should definitely see if you can get it expunged. Nothing to lose, right?

I just got a call saying I've got the job I got interviewed for. It's only temporary and part time for now, so I'll have to keep looking for other things alongside it, but I'm really pleased I got it!

Hey hey!  Congrats!  One step at a time.  smile

Congrats HQ,  I started my new job today.  Loved It!  smile

DirtyGirl wrote:

Very good!  Nice to see you happy.  smile

Sorry Az, that sucks.

Congrats Queen and Dirty.

Sounds cool SW.

Dead, that was very funny!

Thanks a lot guys big_smile Hopefully the work will be good and I'll get a discount on computing products. I'll have spent my wage before I get it, haha.

Glad you're happy now DG, I know it can be tough when your work is awful; my gf's bosses are being right dicks at the moment and it's bringing her down a lot. Telling her to leave and do something she really wants but 'tis scary yikes

Congrats HQ and DG big_smile.

My boss made me take off my 'free the bears' bracelet today lol. Apparently it's not uniform. I say they just hate the bears.

Last edited by Baby_Firefly (2011-10-12 10:09:43)

^^
Drop bears scare me.  That's why I have monkeys patrolling my trees.  big_smile

Thanks Baby. I think they are being racist towards the bears and should be reported hmm

Baby_Firefly wrote:

Congrats HQ and DG big_smile.

My boss made me take off my 'free the bears' bracelet today lol. Apparently it's not uniform. I say they just hate the bears.

http://www.themagpieonline.com/sites/default/files/field/image/knut2.jpg

DirtyGirl wrote:

http://img.xcitefun.net/users/2009/06/91953,xcitefun-01-congrats.gif
What do you do?

I'm a printer, I don't mind my job & some of the people but there are some real dick heads working there too.

OK, I'm getting some good leads every day now, but this one popped into my email today-

Janitorial Site Manager
needed to manage a fast paced 24hr 7/day per week environment. Competitive pay and benefits. Clean background and drug test required as well as experience. EOE Executive Management Services.

You know what, I'm sending them my resume anyway!  I'm at the why not the fuck stage now.  I will become the most over-qualified 'janitorial site manager' ever!  Boo-yah!

I curse Bush & Obama with equal parts of monkey poo-flinging.  lol

At this point, I can only laugh....
http://www.lucyannmoll.com/beautifulwarrior/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/laughing-monkey.jpg

Last edited by azathoth (2011-10-12 12:14:26)

Lmao @ Az you'd best be scared. Your monkeys can't protect you!
@HQ HA! Yes they are so bear racists!
@helly awww cute. See who could say no to that?

Some good news, for once!
Vampy is on the verge of being promoted.  Yay Vampy!

@AZ - Gotta keep sending that resume out, ya never know. Somethings gotta be better than nothing (for the most part...)

So tired from work... but got my first full paycheck today. That is some motivation there! I'm thinking... new tattoos?

@SW1134 - Haha, I just got paid today and booked myself into the tattoo shop! Great minds and all that, I'm getting new ink nearly every payday now, gonna run out of space soon big_smile

Got a couple more inquiries over the weekend.  Nothing great, but I'm responding.  Got to start somewhere.  No word back on that Janitorial Manager job yet, though. 

Read an article about the housing/credit collapse that was rather eye-opening and now has me really ticked off at the gov & the financial industry.  I'm now wanting the Occupiers to start (metaphorically) slapping around some people.

Good to get the inquiries though Azzy, it's all better than nothing. It hasn't been too long since the Janitorial Manager job came up though has it? All of mine are taking forever to get back to me.

I'm applying for a night-shift job alongside the PC World one I just got. Start my training tomorrow, a little nervous actually