Re: The Work Thread

Did I ever mention I'm taking 3 state civil servant tests?  One for general project managers, one for management analysis, and one for networking/systems.  Not until the end of the month, though.  I'll have to remember to study.   (I thought I was done with studying!  lol )

I really don't like job fairs; having to sell yourself to 10 companies in a row while they all ask the same questions.  But they occasionally have some neat things as giveaways.  (no, not really, it's usually pens, though once a company gave out one of those super bouncy balls- drove Vampy nuts for 2 days with it.  Somehow it disappeared)

And yes, I'm nervous and nattering on because I have no other place to natter on at!  Natter natter natter!  One of those times I wish I could still drink.

Good luck. Now go out there and sell yourself!

And don't forget the free candy  smile

They started Christmas music at work today.

^ I'm sorry.

^^^ Hang in there Az.  You're doin great.  Way to stay strong and keep away from the bottle.

Last edited by Ghostseeker (2011-11-04 23:50:51)

^ ^^  I second that comment meant for, az!!

Last edited by Underdog (2011-11-04 23:06:07)

Thanks guys.  Nothing great, but I did get out some more resumes.  big_smile
Then came home and slept for 4 hours!  lol

Hmm, been a while.  Had some email contact recently, setting up a phone call for next week.

And I have my first state civil test next Wednesday.  Perhaps things may turn around?  "Perhaps," says Bobo as he strokes his curly mustache.

http://www.razor947.com/i/f/emperor-tamarin.jpg

Ahh, I need to channel my zen.

Got an email last night from a company I was talking with, asking me to come in for an interview for a position.  Emailed them back this morning with my availability.  Haven't heard back yet.

I rewrote the email about 3 times.  I had Vampy look at it.  I have re-looked at it several times to see if I said anything stupid.  I'm thinking paranoid, I know it, can't help it.

azathoth wrote:

Ahh, I need to channel my zen.

Got an email last night from a company I was talking with, asking me to come in for an interview for a position.  Emailed them back this morning with my availability.  Haven't heard back yet.

I rewrote the email about 3 times.  I had Vampy look at it.  I have re-looked at it several times to see if I said anything stupid.  I'm thinking paranoid, I know it, can't help it.

Here's your reply:

http://cdn.jobmob.co.il/images/articles/funny/JobApplicationFail.jpg

what job, because I don't have a 9-5 any more!

@swollen- ah, the old "skank ho" mistake.  Dang.
@acey- yeah, I'm still working on that.

Well, I'm getting my 2nd phone interview on Monday.

Sell am AZ beat them to punch

Actually I thought this was gonna be about working... so I cOULD say I'm NOT LOL fuck I love seasonal work man I get a long long holiday...

sweet for me and not for yous cool

azathoth wrote:

Well, I'm getting my 2nd phone interview on Monday.

good luck with that! it would be a nice christmas present for you, if you were successful smile

Came close to being suspended and/or fired. So you almost lose $24,000, big deal right? ha.

Someone wish me some luck; 2nd interview is in an hour.

^^ good luck love!

Best luck AZ.

remember wear pants!

knock 'em dead Az! got my fingers and toes crossed for you! wink

Woo hoo!  Next up, on-site interview with the hiring manager,  (Yes, I'll make sure I wear pants for that one, Swollen) next week.

Going to be interesting; it's a newly created position and no one really knows what it all entails, including the manager from what I gathered.  But why not?  I am the Monkey Lord of Chaos, you know.  lol

keeping my fingers and everything crossed for you Brian.

wolfman1959 wrote:

keeping my fingers and everything crossed for you Brian.

With Wolf power the monkey shall prevail!  Then we shall sack Rome for the heck of it.  I hear they have good pasta.  lol

And got an email- interview is on the 21st.

Last edited by azathoth (2011-12-12 15:35:44)

This is kind of weird.

My last 2 civil tests (composing of 7 jobs total), I came in anywhere between 1st and 12th in test takers within the my local 6 counties.  Heckuva spread, you think?  The only consistent thing was one county spanked me like a bad puppy in every category, and I spanked another county in every category.

Hey kiddies,
May I make a request for prayers, pentagrams, good thoughts, voodoo hoodoo, or whatever you do as I have my final interview in 10 hours?  Pretty please?