Topic: Can you believe.......

I was at the 35th annual Trigg Co. Ham Festival (where I was raised) this weekend to sell copies of GT and see a lot of familiar faces.

I had a great weekend, until...a guy actually walks up to my table and says, "I'll just wait til I see my buddy in Arizona and get one from him."

I respond, "You can't get this one in Arizona." (you can, but it would have to be online)

He says, "Oh yeah, he sells the bootlegs. He even gets them from the theaters before they come out on DVD."

I jump up and say, "He better not bootleg mine."

The guy walks away and a good thing. I was ready to strangle him. It's a damn shame that a hard working honest man can't make movies and sell legit copies. I think I'm done. What's the point.

Last edited by aceofspades70 (2011-10-15 20:31:33)

Re: Can you believe.......

Hey, don't let that stop you from doing what you love Lee.  There will always be those who will take advantage of a situation regardless of what anyone does.  It is unfortunately part of human nature.

Sadly, I believe it.  I'd go on a rant, but like you said, what's the use anymore?

edit- When you do get around to your next film, you can mark me down for 3 copies.  big_smile

Last edited by azathoth (2011-10-15 20:54:57)

Thanks for the responses guys. I really hate to give it up, but I don't want to scrounge up a few thousand bucks here and there and slap something together and call it a movie.

It's just aggravating to go through it. And, I'm not trying to get rich, I just want to make a living at it and generate enough to make my next one on my own.

No problem bro, remember that you are doing something that a lot of people would kill to do, so don't give that up just because there are a-holes out there who know how to work the system.  It doesn't matter what the area of life, there will always be people who do that.  So do your thing and let God sort the bad ones out.

ace - "I think I'm done. What's the point."

Oh no you don't! The point is "that you are passionate about what you do, ace". Don't let this discourage you to the point where it takes away your love of what you do!! And your good at it too.

Not very relevant, but this just occurred to me:

AceOfAwesome wrote:

I respond, "You can't get this one in Arizona." (you can, but it would have to be online)

He says, "Oh yeah, he sells the bootlegs. He even gets them from the theaters before they come out on DVD."

So either Mr. Arizona bought a copy of Ace's movie, or this douche at the table is an idiot.  I'm going with #2.  GT is going for $7, not exactly a lot of margin on that.

Still, Mr. Douche did deserve a bitch slap (kudos for your restraint Lee).  Mr. Arizona deserves the special monkey treatment.  No, you don't want to know what that is.

azathoth wrote:

Not very relevant, but this just occurred to me:

AceOfAwesome wrote:

So either Mr. Arizona bought a copy of Ace's movie, or this douche at the table is an idiot.  I'm going with #2.  GT is going for $7, not exactly a lot of margin on that.

Still, Mr. Douche did deserve a bitch slap (kudos for your restraint Lee).  Mr. Arizona deserves the special monkey treatment.  No, you don't want to know what that is.

LOL *Jerry Dandrige voice* Give them the monkey treatment...Give them Booottthththththth.

^^
Heh.