Topic: Wal-Mart $5 DVD bin

Any one else spend time at walmart digging through the $5 dicount DVD bin when they go there?  I do every time and with it being Halloween time, I found a whole slew of fun horror stuff.  I got a Leprechaun 4 movie pack (1-4), Sleepy Hallow collectors edition, Hannibal Rising(extremely underrated film), Piranha (2010), and Fright Night (1985), all of them were $5 each.  And a month or two ago I found a two pack with Ice Cream Man and Jack Frost 2 in there for $3!

Anyone else with great horror finds in the WalMart bin?

Re: Wal-Mart $5 DVD bin

Wal-Mart, dollar stores, my local supermarket....
There must be warehouses dumping stock wherever they can.  Never found anything really great, but some 2nd tier stuff that I can't remember right now.

As far as horror, in our $5 Walmart bins there's only those public domain compilations, those dog sh*t 4 films-in-one DVDs from Phase-5, and Fangoria DVDs. Nothing worth $1,  let alone $5.

But that's the way of it. Dump dump dump the disc format. Give it 5 years and Best Buy, Future Shop, Target probably won't even carry DVDs or Blurays or Cds. I mean.... most core fans buy of the Web, or download the stuff for free off pirate sites. Furthermore... nothing Best Buy would like more than to get rid of every form of disc media (which they don't profit dick on anyway)  and use that valuable floor space for TVs, computers, and stuff people want to see in person before buying. The Best Buy in my area has a DVD inventory that barely rivals the selection you get in the rental section of Korean corner variety store.

Last edited by Bunshinsaba (2011-10-16 20:03:30)

Bunshinsaba wrote:

As far as horror, in our $5 Walmart bins there's only those public domain compilations, those dog sh*t 4 films-in-one DVDs from Phase-5, and Fangoria DVDs. Nothing worth $1,  let alone $5.

But that's the way of it. Dump dump dump the disc format. Give it 5 years and Best Buy, Future Shop, Target probably won't even carry DVDs or Blurays or Cds. I mean.... most core fans buy of the Web, or download the stuff for free off pirate sites. Furthermore... nothing Best Buy would like more than to get rid of every form of disc media (which they don't profit dick on anyway)  and use that valuable floor space for TVs, computers, and stuff people want to see in person before buying. The Best Buy in my area has a DVD inventory that barely rivals the selection you get in the rental section of Korean corner variety store.

See what I mean? (not you Bun, just an issue I'm dealing with)

I sometimes look through it. Usually it's just total crap in it though, and if there is something good in it I usually already own it.

I hate when I'm looking through the bin and I find one that I really want and right when I pick it up I hear he disc moving around inside. Like one time, I saw Hellraiser in there and I was ready to buy it. So right when I picked it up, I heard the disc moving around inside and of course with my luck, it was the last one in there. I was so angry.

I just picked up Children of the Corn 2-7 for $5. That's awesome! There was also Hellraiser 3-8, Halloween 6-8, each $5 too!

damn this weekend i got jeepers creepers for 5. the rich women in my are cleared up the whole shelf all that was left was one copy of halloween two copies of poltergeist and a few copies of jeepers creepers.