Topic: Ashamed of British govenment

Today 83 travellers, including a large amount of children and very ill elderly people, are being forcibly kicked out of their homes, just for being part of the 'gypsy' race.

Police are using TASERS against anyone protesting, physically dragging people by the neck to move them and using batons and extreme violence against residents and supporters.

This makes me utterly ashamed of my country. We are all human beings.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/blog/2011/ … picks=true

Re: Ashamed of British govenment

the police better beware of the Lamia

Re: Ashamed of British govenment

HorrorQueen17 wrote:

... just for being part of the 'gypsy' race.


Uh, yeah. Sure.

And you didn't leave anything out of the story did you?

Re: Ashamed of British govenment

shouldn't be there in the first place! ok i realise there are good and bad of every race but a lot of them bring it on themselves. they cause trouble , leave shit and what not around, dead animals and worse. steal anything they can. it works both ways, so now there are a lot of things i'm ashamed  of  my country for, one of them is we are too soft and pretty much a laughing stock to much of the world because of it. so yeah we are all human beings , but is that such a good thing? we fuck things up better than anything else i know. just saying.

Re: Ashamed of British govenment

I am not informed so I can’t make an opinion. But I do have a few questions about “travelers”: (this is going to make me sound like the man/system) Do they pay taxes and or some sort of rent? Do they become a part of or contribute to their surrounding community or do they create an island and only interact with outsiders for their own needs (all take no give)?

Also should race and or heritage garner privileges and special treatment on either side of the social economic status spectrum?

Re: Ashamed of British govenment

My understanding is that they don't have planning permission. I say they should go because if they are allowed to stay and bypass the law of the land then how is that treating EVERYONE equally. The law applies to everyone end of.

Re: Ashamed of British govenment

Just pulled this pick off the news. Apparently representatives of the parties involved are back in negotiations”
http://www.zvents.com/dynamic_images/7/2/4/4/764427_640x385_letterboxed_5.jpg

Re: Ashamed of British govenment

Travellers pay rent if they are on a site, like half of the people are Dale Farm. My point is more about the morals and treatment of the people there, I understand that a lot of people don't like 'gypsies' because of the stereotypes about their behaviour. And I've worked with the travelling community a lot, so I know some of them most defintely are true. And yes, some do stick to their own community but from my experience that tends to be because people in the wider community believe only the stereotypes and simple won't give them a chance.

I don't think race on its own should garner privileges at all, but I do believe that no matter who you are and what community or race or gener or sexuality you belong to, you deserve respect and to be treated with dignity. They were throwing elderly people and children out of their homes also, don't forget. Not just the typical image you have of a gypsy teen or young man.

Did anybody kick up this fuss when Tesco failed to get planning permission for one of their superstores? I think not. I happen to believe that we should treat people right, not put land law and right-wing prejudice above people

Re: Ashamed of British govenment

HorrorQueen17 wrote:

Travellers pay rent if they are on a site, like half of the people are Dale Farm. My point is more about the morals and treatment of the people there, I understand that a lot of people don't like 'gypsies' because of the stereotypes about their behaviour. And I've worked with the travelling community a lot, so I know some of them most defintely are true. And yes, some do stick to their own community but from my experience that tends to be because people in the wider community believe only the stereotypes and simple won't give them a chance.

I don't think race on its own should garner privileges at all, but I do believe that no matter who you are and what community or race or gener or sexuality you belong to, you deserve respect and to be treated with dignity. They were throwing elderly people and children out of their homes also, don't forget. Not just the typical image you have of a gypsy teen or young man.

Did anybody kick up this fuss when Tesco failed to get planning permission for one of their superstores? I think not. I happen to believe that we should treat people right, not put land law and right-wing prejudice above people

you have a right to your opinion and i respect that, but the fact is they shouldn't be there and they don't exactly help themselves do they. as i said i would be an idiot if i said or even thought they were all dirty, thieving, drunken, rampaging yobs.of course there are decent people amongst them but with everything it's the rotten ones that taint the barrel. tesco is a sore point they seem to have a plan to take over the whole of the country then the world. We have 4 superstores and about a dozen tesco express in an area less than 10 miles from where i live. someone on the council loves shopping there or they have shares in the company. anyway world domination is their goal i think hmm

Re: Ashamed of British govenment

It's all done for order and balance, I'm sure it's not like a "screw these guys" kind of thing

Re: Ashamed of British govenment

I'm ashamed of capitalism in general..

Re: Ashamed of British govenment

Capitalism is just like communism except the oppressors, rather than a dictator are the corporations and elites. It is as you will invisible communism.

Re: Ashamed of British govenment

Oh please!!

I'm ashamed our Government  let these slimy fucks get here, stay here and then take so long to get rid of them.

And cut this Gypsy bullshit!  Gypsies are an actual race.
These people ARE NOT GYPSIES.
They are simply Irish. 
Irish people in caravans instead of homes.  And being in a caravan does not change your race!

These are (as fucking always) a bunch of Irish travellers/tinkers, who trolled into England, set-up there fraud, petty crime, funded caravans on some nice bit of England's green and pleasant land without giving a shit about the people that lived there.
MOST of whom are happy to finally have these scrounging, dubious characters finally got rid of.

Gypsies!  Gypsies have indeed be persecuted as a race.
The Nazis carried out genocide against them
The Nazis did not carry our genocide against Irish dudes in motor homes.
So cut the racial bullshit.  The same non-existant racial bullshit the exact same Lefty idiots use to defend Islam.  As that too is not a race!

In fact to call these dirty nappy dumping, slave keeping (read the news), fraudulent, law breaking, cheating, scamming, scrounging, leeching toe rags Gypsies... INSULTS Gypsies.

No one made them leave Ireland.  Ireland os not a war zone, or in the grip of famine, or run by a dictatorship.
And no one's stopping them fucking off back there,  taking with them their mysteriously funded, well equipped,  very expensive caravans, 15 inbred kids, 6 dogs and pockets of undeclared earnings from bad driveway resurfacing jobs.

Bleed you heart over real injustice, real atrocity, real racism, real oppression.  But you won't.  Because that would mean criticising the sort of people the supposed liberal left now defend.

Fuck em.  Bye bye to em.

Ironically this crap has been made a sticky thread. 
I guess sticking around where you are not wanted or serve a purpose is a common theme here.

Last edited by 42nd Street Freak (2011-10-27 11:50:06)

Re: Ashamed of British govenment

42nd Street Freak wrote:

...
Ironically this crap has been made a sticky thread. 
I guess sticking around where you are not wanted or serve a purpose is a common theme here.

95% of the forum is focused on horror-related stuff, with the other 5% freedom to go basically anywhere else.  I think the forum is wanted and serves its purpose well.

I find this story interesting since I am about 1/32 Romanian gypsy, and from I've tried to learn about that part of my background, the Travellers are just using some BS excuse to camp out wherever.

Re: Ashamed of British govenment

Vasquez wrote:

Capitalism is just like communism except the oppressors, rather than a dictator are the corporations and elites. It is as you will invisible communism.

Here in the US one side likes to throw out the word capitalism the other socialism like they’re dirty names. But the real problem is just plain and simple: people. Most people have a progressive nature. But the only way not to live in a structured society dependent on other people is if you’re up for going solo out into the woods and there making your own tools, clothing, and cultivating your own food. Otherwise no matter where you live, even if it’s in a tribe deep in the Amazon, there will be people that believe they deserve more: some undeservingly and some rightfully so, and there will be people on the bottom of the barrel: again some undeservingly and some rightfully so.

Remember when you hear your favorite punk rock band singing about how capitalism sucks, that the clothes the bands wearing, the microphone their singing into, and technology that allows their music to be recorded and distributed, was all made possible by capitalism. Now does that mean their gripe is wrong, no. it just means things are not that easy. The only thing easy is pointing blame. 

If you’re going get caught up in politics don’t get too white and black, don’t be afraid to see the good and bad in both sides and best try not to see sides at all. We have a saying here when it comes to elections: vote for the least worst.

Re: Ashamed of British govenment

^^
I have a new level of respect for Swollen.
----------

By the way, finished your book.  Well done! 

You have another untapped idea in "Redlands" that you could go into.
Most of the stories finished off too quickly.  If you do another round of stories, I would humbly suggest adding more character development, like "Aisle Six" but a bit more, would draw the reader in more.

Re: Ashamed of British govenment

42nd Street Freak wrote:

...
Ironically this crap has been made a sticky thread. 
I guess sticking around where you are not wanted or serve a purpose is a common theme here.

Even more ironically you havent got all your facts right. I guess that's what happens when you only pay attention to the headlines.
This thread isn't a sticky and it never was.

Re: Ashamed of British govenment

Not since you just changed it no.
Did the bailiffs come and evict it?

Re: Ashamed of British govenment

Oh my.

Re: Ashamed of British govenment

Which part of "It was never a sticky" did you have trouble comprehending?

Re: Ashamed of British govenment

Wow. Sure.

Anyway, sticky, not sticky....sticky....the thread's inane shit and should be flushed.
Or stood on and squashed.  Which I did.

Re: Ashamed of British govenment

Hey if you're going to call me a liar at least have the courage to say it openly instead of relying on sly innuendo. You're more than forthright with your statements normally.

Re: Ashamed of British govenment

Firstly, at no point was it a sticky.

Secondly, whether they belong to a 'race' by your standards or not, (and I'm not going to go into why you brought Islam into this) they are being discriminated against because of the fact that they are travellers.

You say without giving a shit about people who live there - they OWN the land! THEY live there. Before they lived there, it was a scrap yard. Did anyone live in a scrap yard? All of the ridiculous stereotypes you've just thrown out about gypsies/travellers/whatever you want to call the people at Dale Farm are insulting. If you can't make an argument without resorting to things like that then you should be writing for the Daily Fail.

Maybe no-one made them leave Ireland, but to say that Ireland wasn't a war-zone is just factually incorrect, for a start. Heard of the IRA and the Irish struggles?! And even so, why on earth should they 'go back'? We all have roots elsewhere, very few of us have 100% English blood so where they were born is irrelevant. What about the kids that were born here?

Is it bollocks all about planning permission. When large corporations do things and get away with things that you or I don't, I bet you're not kicking off. When the government let Vodafone off with a £5billion tax bill, did you write to Cameron carrying on because you still had to pay tax? I doubt it.

Re: Ashamed of British govenment

More shit from you.

They were moved because they were breaking the law.
Not because they 'travel' LOL!

And your bullshit avoidance of what a race is sums your full of holes theory away.
YOU used their supposed race as the reason they were moved...and then you shrug it off and blither about them being travellers (the next time I travel anywhere I'll let the authorities know I'VE CHANGED MY RACE) and still try to link living in a caravan to the actual race of Gypsie.

And your description of the IRA terrorism as The Struggles also shows you up for who you are.
And where your fake liberal Lefty sympathies lie...hence Islam.

And that you admit they were breaking the law but defend said breaking if it by your personal view that said law is stupid...also shows you up and puts the final nail in your whining argument.
It's okay for them to break the law because you don't like that law.
Dreadful.

So you have NO race.
So you have no racism.
So you have no legal or indeed factual case to imply they were not breaking the law (you admitted this by saying you simply did not care about the law they were breaking).

So you have nothing but a bunch of trespassers moved from the land they were trespassing on!
WOW!

Same kind of shit the fake liberal Left always champion...whining about the guilty and ignoring the victims (especially if their worthless little Englanders).

Last edited by 42nd Street Freak (2011-10-27 16:12:13)

Re: Ashamed of British govenment

42nd Street Freak wrote:

More shit from you.

They were moved because they were breaking the law.
Not because they 'travel' LOL!

And your bullshit avoidance of what a race is sums your full of holes theory away.
YOU used their supposed race as the reason they were moved...and then you shrug it off and blither about them being travellers (the next time I travel anywhere I'll let the authorities know I'VE CHANGED MY RACE) and still try to link living in a caravan to the actual race of Gypsie.

And your description of the IRA terrorism as The Struggles also shows you up for who you are.
And where your fake liberal Lefty sympathies lie...hence Islam.

And that you admit they were breaking the law but defend said breaking if it by your personal view that said law is stupid...also shows you up and puts the final nail in your whining argument.
It's okay for them to break the law because you don't like that law.
Dreadful.

So you have NO race.
So you have no racism.
So you have no legal or indeed factual case to imply they were not breaking the law (you admitted this by saying you simply did not care about the law they were breaking).

So you have nothing but a bunch of trespassers moved from the land they were trespassing on!
WOW!

Same kind of shit the fake liberal Left always champion...whining about the guilty and ignoring the victims (especially if they're worthless little Englanders).