Topic: Forum signature

I was wondering if it would be possible implement a user signature for everyone, since there already is enough space to host one in every post:

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c53/golem09/sig-2.jpg

My suggestion is to not have a traditional text+image signature with links and all that stuff, but just a single line of text, limited in the number of characters, and colored in a dark gray so that it doesn't draw too much attention or obstruct the view while scrolling down a topic.

That way everyone could have his favourite movie quote for example, or a statement about the best movie or character or director or whatever.

I think that way you could have a bit more of a personal touch without bothering other too much smile

I think my line would be

"Where is Rowan morrison?"

Re: Forum signature

That would be something to talk to Meh about.

we used to have them, but they unfortunately went the way of the do-do

We did have them, but that goes back quite a ways.  You used to even be able to use gifs as signatures, but I guess that they were really bogging down the forums so Meh removed them.  I would assume that they wouldn't be as bad if they were only text.  Send Meh a message, that is usually the best way to get ahold of him.

I'd like to have them, add a bit more personality to posts.

I love your quote by the way big_smile

I think people abused them, I remember they used to have links to spam websites and other than that they were virtually useless.  It would be cool if we saw them again, though

Yep, they went way overboard (and yes, I was one who did so).  They were nice, but if want to put up something besides your post, put it on your website.  Which you can list under your avatar.  (See left)

Honestly, in my opinion, tags are just an annoyance.  If you have some overarching message, write it every time in your posts.  Or get a mod to change your avatar's status to something you want.

That's why I opted for a single line of limited text in dark gray that fits in the same line as the quote / edit / report links

Last edited by golem09 (2011-10-26 07:31:20)

i got no issue with a cool signature text. Let me work on it.

If Meh is down with it, I'm cool with it.

azathoth wrote:

If Meh is down with it, I'm cool with it.

Monkey say, Monkey do eh Az? lol haha

^^
Monkey knows who provides the bananas around here.  tongue

Fair point, gotta be smart when there are bananas up for grabs!

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c53/golem09/tumblr_lpbzskZ4ow1qfm6bto1_500.gif

My Avatar Status already changed, although it doesn't reall fit there, right below McHattie. "Zombie DJ" would be better, but we're on the way big_smile

Last edited by golem09 (2011-10-28 09:53:49)

^^
I'm going to have to steal that GIF one of these days...
lol

hello to all from,the ghoul!!!!

azathoth wrote:

^^
I'm going to have to steal that GIF one of these days...
lol

What? You can't do that! I just stole it myself

^^
Well then, it's like re-gifting, but, um, sorta different?  Heh.

I just spared you the googling tongue

^^
Thank you! 

@Ghoul- dear Cthulhu man, I'm having flashbacks of Halloween 3!

Last edited by azathoth (2011-10-28 10:33:08)