Topic: Stay Alive

Now I really don't see the promise in this, but for some reason am drawn to see it as soon as itt pops out here, I hate the use of Frankie "grating voice" Muniz, but I suppose he could do well as representing the average teen, and some of the game stuff is a little stupid, but I like the idea.

Obviously there are a fair few films, comics and stories using the same story, but there's soemthing which attracts me to it really well, I know it's a "BANG" scare type of movie, but the trailer sort of reminded me of Dark Water at points.

Anyhow, any opinions on this film?

Re: Stay Alive

Well its far from a great film.. But if you like games you will know gamers who are just like some of the main characters in the movie.. It falls into a lot of cliches but it does have some fun stuff sprinkled through out..

Don't get your hopes up, but it is a fun popcorn flick..

Cheers man, it's getting it's release her next week so I will probably check it out if I can get off work early. Not gonna pay to go at night though, not worth it.

Ive seen the movie... Its an ok movie... But It gets extra points for the originality of the plot

Heh, I've got a fair few books/comics/films that have the same story (so I read the plot and some of the script before seeing it..at least the script was alright).

I like the type of game, reminded me of the Project Zero/Call of Cthulhu games. So the quality of the idea may shine through better.

You can watch the first 10minutes of the movie right here
http://www.horror-movies.ca/horror_5911.html smile

I haven't watch it yet...but, I think it's gonna be good..

I've seen Stay Alive.  I didnt think it was terrible, but certainly wasnt my favorite.  Your right Dean, it is a "band" type of horror film, which in a lot of cases ruins some parts of the film.  I thought the plot was pretty solid and some enjoyable death scenes.  I'd see it again.

I enjoyed this movie and found some bits genuinely scary. I thought they chose good actors and I was sorry when some of them died. I particularly liked Phin and his sister October. I do not mind Muniz and thought he played his geeky role well. Such a well done premis and a cut above the other games can become real movies, apart from the one with Christopher Lambert, which is vastly underrated to my mind. So I score this one highly and for me the appearance of Alice Krige  was especially welcome.

I actually liked this movie alot. I liked it and appreciated it b/c it dealt with not only video games but also just for the fact of the plot and how when each character was playing the game, they actually were that character and however they died in that specific matter within the game, that's how they will die in real life. Now why can't an actual game be like that. I sure as hell would love to play a game similar to that.