Re: Best Sequles In Horror

^^ Agree on The Devils Rejects. While HO1KC is pretty cool with its images the story is far more superior. I do like the organised chaos of the first but TDR takes it for being a better film and that ending? POW!

azathoth wrote:

I like 'Hellraiser 2' better than the first.

I kinda agree with ya Az. I was gonna say Hellbound: Hellraiser II but I don't necessarily think its better, it compliments and continues Hellraiser perfectly.

DemonToSome wrote:
azathoth wrote:

I kinda agree with ya Az. I was gonna say Hellbound: Hellraiser II but I don't necessarily think its better, it compliments and continues Hellraiser perfectly.

I actually did used to like Hellbound better than the original, but after repeated viewings, I just don't think the final 3rd holds up, as hell kinda seems dull now.  The best parts of 2 are in the first half.  You just can't beat the original's wild finale.  The climax in the house was much more hell-ish than the whole of hell itself in Hellbound.

Maxwell wrote:
DemonToSome wrote:
azathoth wrote:

I actually did used to like Hellbound better than the original, but after repeated viewings, I just don't think the final 3rd holds up, as hell kinda seems dull now.  The best parts of 2 are in the first half.  You just can't beat the original's wild finale.  The climax in the house was much more hell-ish than the whole of hell itself in Hellbound.

I never ever thought of Hell in the Hellraiser series as the Hell that has Lucifer or Satan or whatever you peeps call him. Its Leviathan the Hell of the Cenobites so it isn't all fire and shit cause it has nothing to do with that hell that is in the minds of Christians...

Laash wrote:

Bride of Frankenstein
Hammer's Frankenstein Sequels (before 70's)
Psycho II
Dawn of the Dead
Hammer's Dracula Sequels (first 4)
Dr. Phibes Rises Again
Dario Argento's Inferno
Friday the 13th Part 2
Cold Prey II
Evil Dead II
Aliens
The Exorcist III
The Devil's Rejects
28 weeks later
Army of Darkness
Bride of Re-Animator
Amityville II: The Possession
Hellraiser II
Phantasm II
SAW 2 & 3

Gotta disagree strongly with 28 weeks later.  28 days later was directed by Danny Boyle who just directed the opening ceramonies for the fucking olympics.  Who directed 28 weeks later?  28 days later is a far, far superior film.  The characters/acting/story/music is SOOOOO much better under Boyle's direction...Boyle is the one who picked the damn theme song that helps make the first film remarkable.  28 weeks later of course used the theme but not nearly as well.

Exorcist 3?

Last edited by PrinceofDarkness (2012-07-28 19:19:31)

The thread isn't about sequels that are BETTER but sequels that are good. Just to point that out..

ahhh yea I was thinking lashes list was all sequels he thought were better.  I am an idiot..

Last edited by PrinceofDarkness (2012-07-28 21:38:44)

DemonToSome wrote:
Maxwell wrote:
DemonToSome wrote:

I never ever thought of Hell in the Hellraiser series as the Hell that has Lucifer or Satan or whatever you peeps call him. Its Leviathan the Hell of the Cenobites so it isn't all fire and shit cause it has nothing to do with that hell that is in the minds of Christians...

Yeah, me neither.  I just thought their hell was kinda dull - like a boring goth club.  Just thought it could use a few more people getting ripped apart by chains and what not.  Just more pain and suffering.  It was a subtle hell.

Forgot about The Devil's Rejects. A very good sequel and I think it's a little better than HO1KC which is still pretty good.

Jigsaw wrote:
Maxwell wrote:

One I don't agree with you on:

Hatchet 2:  I'm not crazy over the 1st one, BUT I do think it had better energy, pacing, humor that worked, kills, AND it was set on Halloween and kinda felt like it.  The only thing 2 really had going for it was Tony Todd's expanded role and of course, Danielle Harris.  I did like that it expanded on Crowley's mythology, but just feel that it's not the better of the two.

I didn't really care for the original Hatchet, I found it dull. I thought the sequel was more entertaining and had better characters.

Yeah i didn't like the first Hatchet that much. The only positive thing were the some of the kills were cool and the practical fx like Crowley's makeup. I found the attempts at humour fell very very flat though.

Hellraiser 2 and The Devil's rejects

Last edited by ragXdoll (2012-07-29 08:13:52)