Topic: Art of Lucid Dreams.

Totally random topic, but I wanted to post a subject like this because it's just so interesting.

Lucid dreaming is being aware that you're dreaming...while in the dream! Therefore giving you much more control over your dream, making you much more able to change your surroundings and things around you to whatever you want. Some people do this naturally and some really have to really work at it (like me).

I've had only one full lucid dream (was so excited I woke myself up before I got the chance to explore though) last year and I had another half-lucid dream a few weeks back, which got me more excited about having one again. So I've started a dream journal to help remember my dreams, and I'm using the MILD method, since that worked once before.

Possibley this weekend, I'm hoping to pick up some Chlorine Bitartrate (supposed to help make the dreams vivid), some Melatonin (makes you wanna sleep, makes the dreams longer), and some DMAE (helps your brain function, supposed to keep your brain aware within to dream, helping you to actually aquire lucidity).

I guess my main question is, are there any of you interested in this subject? And has anybody here ever had them?

If not, this thread will fail. lol

Re: Art of Lucid Dreams.

I have been told by like 4 diff people that I need to try it because I have such bad night mares so offten but I forget about it. I  want to try it though

revengebiteme wrote:

I have been told by like 4 diff people that I need to try it because I have such bad night mares so offten but I forget about it. I  want to try it though

It's just frigging amazing. When I became lucid, I didn't have any control over anything, because I was just too excited. But everything was just so vivid, and my feelings were so much more real, but I gave into excitement and woke up.

But the feeling I had, knowing I was lucid, was such a rush. The most powerful feeling I ever had was in that dream, during that 'rush' when I first realized I was lucid. I met this entity too that was just super cool. It's just an amazing thing to do.

that sound really cool like really really cool. Also slightly frightnening

I have had lucid dreams a handful of times.  I can usually tell when I'm dreaming if I'm having a nightmare or a really weird dream, ever since I was a kid when I'd have bad dreams I'd realize I was dreaming and can wake myself up.  Controlling the dreams is a bit harder, 99% of the time as soon as I realize I'm dreaming I wake myself up accidently.  But there has been a few times where I have actually been able to do whatever I want in the dream.

For me, it's not too tough to get into the lucid stage.  Calm yourself while you are falling asleep, and think about what you'd like to dream about.  But then, I've always had vivid dreams, so I don't if this will work for everyone or not.  I still think my favorite was "Lego NCIS."  (Lego Abbey was a hoot).

I've had a few.  I find lucid dreaming to be highly fascinating - and as I see that you are aware, there are things you can do to train yourself and facilitate the process.  Never been able to "control" my dreams either without losing that state of consciousness.  I've only really dabbled and kind of regret not putting more effort into its exploration.

azathoth wrote:

For me, it's not too tough to get into the lucid stage.  Calm yourself while you are falling asleep, and think about what you'd like to dream about.  But then, I've always had vivid dreams, so I don't if this will work for everyone or not.  I still think my favorite was "Lego NCIS."  (Lego Abbey was a hoot).

Cute Azz smile  I also have lucid dreams all the time.  But usually in the morning.   I quite often fly in my dreams,  I guess I would like to be a super hero smile  Nightmares as lucid dreams can be like living in a Horror movie.  Usually those type of dreams don't last long because I wake myself up knowing they are not real.

I have lucid dreams all the time but only seem to wake myself up during the dirty ones which really sucks.

Good talent to hone for when you drop acid (not suggestion to / or advocating drug use) just saying similar skills needed for a good trip.

@DG- oddly, my "nightmare" dreams (they don't really scare me much anymore) are the ones I can control the best.  That feeling where you want to run or fight, but can't move?  I finally broke through that obstacle.  Makes demon fighting with a sword soooo much more enjoyable. 

@Horsey- just try relaxing as you fall asleep and think about something you'd like to dream about.  Another way to try it is to watch, read, or play something until you literally pass out due to tiredness- the brain seems to keep that going, and I've found that I can control that stuff easier.  (Like the NCIS-Lego thing; I was playing Star Wars Legos and watching a marathon of NCIS.  Hence, Lego NCIS!)

I do believe in lucid dreaming,as I've said before I consider myself to be a student of the Esoteric and as such pursue such things as lucid dreaming, astral projection,etc.

hellrat wrote:

I do believe in lucid dreaming,as I've said before I consider myself to be a student of the Esoteric and as such pursue such things as lucid dreaming, astral projection,etc.

Esoteric subjects rock. I'm reading DMT: The Spirit Molecule right now, it's about N,N-Dimethyltryptamine and its connection with the pineal gland during dreams, birth, and death. I recommend reading it if you're into that sort of stuff.

I also have my own theory that the pineal gland can be activated by way of lucid dreaming.

swollenguy wrote:

I have lucid dreams all the time but only seem to wake myself up during the dirty ones which really sucks.

Good talent to hone for when you drop acid (not suggestion to / or advocating drug use) just saying similar skills needed for a good trip.

I agree. lol.
I've never done acid, but I've read Timothy Leary's The Psychedelic Experience, and it sure seems like an ability that would be helpful to have during a serious trip experience.

Man, I went into wal-mart to buy some cholorine Bitartrate and some melatonin but the lady there thought I was just trying to get high. So I didn't buy any. What a biiitch. tongue  lol

Last edited by The Creature (2012-01-14 13:21:30)

^^
Heh, you know how annoying it is when you're pushing 40 and get carded when trying to buy a single package of Pseudephrine?  (or however it's spelled)  Do I look like a meth fiend?  On 2nd thought, don't answer that!  lol

have you considered a bit of meditation creech??

you could probably achieve the same state of consciousness without the aid of drugs. wink

twistedsista wrote:

have you considered a bit of meditation creech??

Yeah, I've been thinking about meditation too. It will probably help if I find the discipline to do it an hour every day.

No drugs, huh. Great, now I gotta continute to try doing it naturally! tongue

Last edited by The Creature (2012-01-14 13:34:51)

doing it naturally takes a vast amount of effort young sky-tripper lol

and remember what the doormouse said  wink

deadhorse13 wrote:

doing it naturally takes a vast amount of effort young sky-tripper lol

and remember what the doormouse said  wink

I'll try to, Cheech! wink