Re: Best Movie In a Series

I honestly don't know, it's been years since I last watched the House films.

I don't know if I mentioned the Sleepaway Camp series before. I've seen the first three and didn't really care for them, though I suppose the first was the best.

Seeing the Phantasm V trailer recently released, it's looking pretty awesome. I doubt it'll top Phantasm II as my favorite but it's certainly possible.

There was a HOWLING chapter-THE FREAKS , I think it was called-I forget the number-that was actually rather good, but unfortunately, by that time, too many of us had grown (justifiably) prejudiced against the series and for the same reason, I doubt many even saw it.

I've heard of The Freaks, though never seen it. The consensus seems to be it's one of the better sequels and should've been released as stand-alone.

Never seen them but I've also heard of the Tombs Of The Blind Dead films, they seem quite well-liked.

Jigsaw wrote:

I honestly don't know, it's been years since I last watched the House films.

I re-watch whole series 13 month ago lol, wow, I had seen then 10 years

I saw back to back

House it was fun movie but great, I gave it 5 out of 10
House 2 was far to campy for me,  I liked Campy movies but this went to far!  , I rated 3/10
House III: The Horror Show (1989)  (Stand alone) I really enjoyed it! 5/10
House 4   I didn't not like this one that much, as the house went good! 3/10

Jigsaw wrote:

I don't know if I mentioned the Sleepaway Camp series before. I've seen the first three and didn't really care for them, though I suppose the first was the best.

The only one I not seen is Sleepaway Camp IV: The Survivor (2012) ,
is the fourth entry in the Sleepaway Camp series. The film remained incomplete for many years as it shut down during production in 1992, however it was completed in 2012 by mixing the original footage with archive footage from the previous three films, and was given its own DVD release.
The film is the last of the series to follow the continuity of Sleepaway Camp II and III because Return to Sleepaway Camp directly follows the first movie and ignores the interim sequels.

I gave the first 3 movies 5 out of 10,  I really enjoyed the return to sleep away camp,  I have not seen once but I still can picture some of really good deaths scenes

GHOST DADDY wrote:

There was a HOWLING chapter-THE FREAKS , I think it was called-I forget the number-that was actually rather good, but unfortunately, by that time, too many of us had grown (justifiably) prejudiced against the series and for the same reason, I doubt many even saw it.

Part 6 that is!,  I not seen any of the sequels,  I loved first movie but I not seen for few years now.

also not seen any of Tombs Of The Blind Dead series

I am not getting hope ups for Phantasm V,   , I also think  Phantasm 2 is the best in the series

BASSI wrote:

The only one I not seen is Sleepaway Camp IV: The Survivor (2012) ,
is the fourth entry in the Sleepaway Camp series. The film remained incomplete for many years as it shut down during production in 1992, however it was completed in 2012 by mixing the original footage with archive footage from the previous three films, and was given its own DVD release.
The film is the last of the series to follow the continuity of Sleepaway Camp II and III because Return to Sleepaway Camp directly follows the first movie and ignores the interim sequels.

I've heard of that fourth Sleepaway Camp that never finished.

I remembered From Dusk Till Dawn. Only seen the original, which is still an awesome movie. Never seen the sequels, which seem to not be very well-received.

^^^
Yeah true but they's still very cool ones. My only complain is the lack of Bikini Salma Hayek. big_smile

I'll seek them out someday, which also reminds me it's been years since I last saw the original.

Another anthology I remembered was Campfire Tales from back in the late 90s. I don't remember it too well except for the

Jigsaw wrote:

Another anthology I remembered was Campfire Tales from back in the late 90s. I don't remember it too well except for the

Which one there two from 90's , Cause I watch both back to back this time last year,

Campfire Tales (1991) 4/10
Campfire Tales (1997) 7/10

I think the 1997 one was it.

[REC] I love them all but my favorites are the first and Genesis. A girl with a chainsaw man... The second doesn't live up to those 2. Still good but never as much I think...

kXnPunk wrote:

[REC] I love them all but my favorites are the first and Genesis. A girl with a chainsaw man... The second doesn't live up to those 2. Still good but never as much I think...

I did not REC 3, loved first 2,  is REC 4 out this year?

^^^
Yes in october. CAN'T WAIT!!!

I've seen up to REC 2, like both of the first two movies a lot and even Quarantine.

^^^
I didn't enjoy Quarantine at all. Gets a poor 5-6/10.

But you HAVE TO WATCH [REC] GENESIS man, such a badass one.

Bride Of Frankenstein

kXnPunk wrote:

^^^
I didn't enjoy Quarantine at all. Gets a poor 5-6/10.

But you HAVE TO WATCH [REC] GENESIS man, such a badass one.

I quite liked Quarantine, it got me to watch the original REC after I did more digging.

^^^
Hahaha You've done it the other way around. Normally most will see the original first...

I saw Quarantine first and hearing it was a remake got me intrigued to check out the original.