Re: Best Movie In a Series

Right but if it played ANYWHERE, I don't consider it direct to DVD.

It still probably counts as DTD though since it started as such. Some DTD and TV films get brief theatrical releases in some territories.

SHE WOLF OF THE DAMN SS man, what an amazing little crazy cool as fuck movie... She's an insane one.

Did that ever have any sequels?

Jigsaw wrote:

Did that ever have any sequels?

No, but there were several Ilsa movies. ILsa the wicked warden, Ilsa The TIgress of Siberia  and Ilsa the Harem of Oil Shieks.

Oh, I see.

All as good as the others BTW. But The Wolf is the best of them...

How many Ilsa flicks were there, anyway?  I've only seen three -- Harem Keeper to the Oil Sheiks, She-Wolf of the SS and The Wicked Warden.

There's 4 in total...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ilsa,_She_ … SS#Sequels

I'll be sure to track them all down one of these days.

Listing the best LEPRECHAUN movie strikes me as choosing one's favorite enema.

I find the Leprechaun movies to be a guilty pleasure.

I remembered the House films. I haven't seen them in years, and also know The Horror Show was released outside of the U.S. as House III when it was never intended to be part of the series.

Jigsaw wrote:

I remembered the House films. I haven't seen them in years, and also know The Horror Show was released outside of the U.S. as House III when it was never intended to be part of the series.

I actually had The Horror Show on two days ago, but bailed on it maybe 20 minutes in. Too many things were annoying me about it, and I realized where the plot was going, and didn't want any part of it. I assume the electrocuted guy came back to life and captured that disturbing looking, buck toothed, chubby cheeked kid with the Nestles Quik addiction.

The original House is definitely one of my fav's of the 80's. So many creepy elements to it!

I don't remember The Horror Show too well, been meaning to see it. I know it got a Blu-ray release from Scream Factory not long ago, definitely one to pick up.

With anthology films, another I remembered was Body Bags. I haven't seen it in years but remember liking The Gas Station segment a lot in it. Really need to see it again, Scream Factory recently released it on Blu-ray and I've been meaning to buy it.

Halloween Remake

A Nightmare On Elm Street 1

Saw 1

Scream 4

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre 1

Aliens

Predator 2

Phantasm 2

Evil Dead 2

Hellraiser 1

Bride Of Chucky

Remember the MANIAC COP series?  Relatively to more well received, but I personally considered only part 2 very good, part 1 a bit of a mediocrity and easily forgotten but not a true blue turkey, part 3 not even that good, finally hit true blue turkey.

I like all the Maniac Cop films, and 2 is easily my favorite.

Poltergeist (1982)
Jaws (1975)
The Amityville Horror (1979)
Children of the Corn (1984)
Somewhere between A Nightmare on Elm Street (1984) and New Nightmare (1994)...
Ghostbusters (1984)

Ghostbusters doesn't really count since it's only two movies, thinking series with at least three or more movies and which is the best.

Good call on Children Of The Corn, I've seen the first two and bits of 3 and 4, haven't seen the rest. I remember liking the second one as a kid.

Aliens 2 AND Resurrection 4.
GET AWAY FROM HER YOU BITCH!!! Best line EVER.

Use it often over here but hey, can't help it. lol

It's a classic line for sure. Aliens is so infinitely quotable.

Harsh Creep wrote:

Halloween Remake

A Nightmare On Elm Street 1

Saw 1

Scream 4

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre 1

Aliens

Predator 2

Phantasm 2

Evil Dead 2

Hellraiser 1