Re: DirtyGirl's Horror Movie A Day Challenge

I would give Pet Semetary a solid 8/10 the creepy factor is high in it for sure!

azathoth wrote:

Pet Semetary I'm only going 7/10
Chucky only gets a 5 in my book.

Wow...no love for Chucky?  smile

^^
I inherently find dolls to be non-scary.  <shrugs>

Definitely check out The Awakening DG, I think you will really like it. smile

Mar 7 - Sympathy for Mr. Vengence (2002) - I had seen the last 45 minutes or so a couple of years back, so it was nice to go back and catch the entire film.  It is pretty uneventfull for the first hour or so, but then it really starts to pick up and features one of the craziest endings I have seen.  Chan-wook Park has definitely got a dark sense of humor.  4/5.  First Watch.

ATM (2012) - Claustophobic and tension filled, but overall, I found the whole idea rather dumb.  3/5.  First Watch.

Last edited by alien25 (2012-03-09 14:07:54)

Day 16-

Found a good movie on Netflix...

The Abandoned (2006)- 7/10 First Watch Netflix

A woman inherits a farm in Russia from her Birth parents.  When she arrives at the farm she starts having disturbing visions.  The movie was dark and and had some scary scenes.  Another movie all done in grey tones.  Is this the trend lately?  Anyway,  its worth a view...

http://i854.photobucket.com/albums/ab101/DirtyGirlMovies/the-abandoned.jpg

Last edited by DirtyGirl (2012-03-09 20:18:35)

Hey DG, I think that one is actually  from 2006, but I agree, I enjoyed that one as well.

Oh yeah it is...My Bad smile

^No problemo.  IMDB has listing for The Abandoned (2010), but there is no info on it.

Mar 8 - La hora fria aka The Dark Hour (2006) - An interesting Spanish postapocalyptic tale about a group of survivors living underground who not only face dwindling supplies, but also must deal with virally infected zombies know as the Strangers and alien creatures called the Invisibles.  An enjoyable watch, but nothing spectacular.  3/5.  First Watch.

Day 17-

Flight of the Living Dead (2007)- 7/10 First Watch  Netflix

Kind of cheesy but I liked it anyway.  Lots of Zombie action and the end was action packed smile

http://i854.photobucket.com/albums/ab101/DirtyGirlMovies/flightofthelivingdead.jpg

^^
He he, I got a kick out of that one, too.
"I'm m'f'n tired of these m'f'n zombies on this m'f'n plane!"

Mar 9 - The Bunny Game (2010) - Holy f**k, if that wasn't one of the most disturbing movies I have ever seen!  If it were not for the quality of production and realism, I would give it a 0, just because I felt like I needed to take a shower after watching it.  But as it was, the movie it self was really well done and the black and black and white photography added a gritty and nasty feeling that made me feel like I was watching something that I really shouldn't be watching.  3/5.  First Watch.

azathoth wrote:

^^
I inherently find dolls to be non-scary.  <shrugs>

then you ought to see the ones in " Woman In Black" very creepy.

^^
That film is on my list of "to see."

Day 18-

Black Death (2010)- 7/10 rewatch Netflix

http://i854.photobucket.com/albums/ab101/DirtyGirlMovies/blackdeath.jpg

The black plague is killing off everyone in sight except for a small village that appears to be immune.  A young monk and a group of soldiers find the village and a woman that appears to be a necromancer.  The movie is a little slow at first but has some good scenes at the end.

this looks realllly familiar i think i caught this one night.

DirtyGirl wrote:

Day 18-

Black Death (2010)- 7/10 rewatch Netflix

http://i854.photobucket.com/albums/ab101/DirtyGirlMovies/blackdeath.jpg

The black plague is killing off everyone in sight except for a small village that appears to be immune.  A young monk and a group of soldiers find the village and a woman that appears to be a necromancer.  The movie is a little slow at first but has some good scenes at the end.

i liked this film i also gave it 7/10.

Day 19-

Quartermass and the Pit (1967)- 8/10 First Watch Dvd

http://i854.photobucket.com/albums/ab101/DirtyGirlMovies/quatermass-pit-a.jpg

This movie just shows that you can make a great Scifi movie without CGI or a big budget.  All you need is a good story, great actors, and maybe some giant rubber bugs...

Mar 10 - Botched (2007) - I'd forgotten how much fun this flick was.  3.5/5.  Rewatch.

Dark Nature (2009) - Pretty much a waste of time, dumb and pointless.  2/5.  First watch.

Day 20-

http://i854.photobucket.com/albums/ab101/DirtyGirlMovies/eyes-1.png

Eyes Without a Face (1960)- 8/10 First View Dvd

Genre: Foreign/Mad Doctor
I bought the Criterion Dvd of Eyes without a Face a long time ago but just never got around to watching this movie until today.  A friend mentioned this was one of his favorites, so I thought I would give it a try.  The movie is in French with subtitles,  but so worth all the effort.  The story involves a Mad Doctor who is trying to fix his daughter’s disfigured face after a tragic car accident.  The Dr. and his assistant kidnap girls and perform experimental surgeries on them.  Sounds a lot like Human Centipede doesn’t it? 

Anyway, There is something really beautiful about this movie.  The girl without a face looks like a surreal angel in her fashionable 1950s dressing gowns.  I just kept thinking this movie must have been very shocking when it was made.  There are some very gruesome surgery scenes.   It seems as if the Dr. doesn’t even realize how evil he is becoming.  He is just trying to save his daughter.

Masque of the Red Death (1964)- 7/10 Rewatch Youtube via Apple tv

http://i854.photobucket.com/albums/ab101/DirtyGirlMovies/masqueofthereddeath.jpg

Vincent Price is so evil in this movie.  I loved his character and all the costumes!

Quatermain is always good.
Eyes- no see
Masque- Price being awesome.

@Alien- sorry, but you're always ahead of me, year wise.   Just wanted to let you know I've not been ignoring your stuff.

^Oh sure, sure.  Just beat me with a stick Monkey Boy, and give all the attention to the pretty lady! wink
PunBB bbcode test

Mar 12 - KM 31: Kilometre 31 (2006) - A decent enough Spanish flick.  But I feel that I need to give it another watch.  3/5.  First Watch.

^^
Love that pic!

KM 31- No see.  (Feel better?  tongue  )

Yeah, I do.  A whack to the head with a stick will do that. tongue

day 21-

Hard Candy (2005)- 7/10 First Watch Netflix

http://i854.photobucket.com/albums/ab101/DirtyGirlMovies/hardcandy.jpg

This movie was hard to watch at times....there were no gory scenes only the suggestion of what was going on.  Still my son left the room, and said tell me when that scene is over.  So I guess it was truly disturbing to him.  The actress, Ellen Page, was amazing in her role as a very mature 14 year old.  At times I wasn't sure who was more evil...The Pedophile or the 14 year old girl.

This is a favorite of mine and I agree about the blurring of lines between good and evil.  I found myself feeling sorry for his character even though I really shouldn't.  But wow.  Ellen Page was amazing right out of the gate with her career.  I was so impressed with both of those performances when I first saw that movie that I ran out and bought it immediately.  It still gets me.  And I believe I'm due for a viewing.