Topic: POLL: DHMW's FIRST SEMI-FINALS MATCH

Right-o.  We've reached the half-way point of what I'm calling the "First Season" of DHMW, which means it's time for our very first Semi-Finals Match.  Semi-Finals Matches feature the four previous monthly winners in a four-man free-for all. 

The winner of this Semi-Finals match will join the second semi-finals winner (we'll find out who that is four months from now big_smile ) in the First Season Finale Match to determine who will win the distinctive (and dubious) honor of officially being named The Deadliest Horror Movie Warrior. 

The prospect alone leaves me with a bit of a chub.  Not that you wanted or need to know that, but I'm nothing if not openly (and unwelcomely) honest.

At any rate, let's see who's still standing after...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v93/loudlon/HMs%20Deadliest%20Warrior/Blob.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v93/loudlon/HMs%20Deadliest%20Warrior/VS2.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v93/loudlon/HMs%20Deadliest%20Warrior/ElWray.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v93/loudlon/HMs%20Deadliest%20Warrior/Xenomorph.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v93/loudlon/HMs%20Deadliest%20Warrior/Pinhead.jpg

Also be sure to check out this month's Exhibition Match

But before voting, as always...
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember THE RULES:

1. Vote objectively for who you think is deadlier.  This is not a popularity contest.

2. Please be sure to comment below to justify your decision.  Those who do so, your votes will count as FIVE POINTS. 

Those who do not, or those whose justifications are in regards to the character's popularity rather than an objective comparing of the characters' abilities, your vote will only count as ONE POINT.

3. Voting will be open for seven days, at which time I'll post the results.

Have fun, and vote responsibly. smile

Re: POLL: DHMW's FIRST SEMI-FINALS MATCH

This is not an easy match to judge. Here's how it will go down.
El Wray goes down in minutes, flayed by Pinhead, gutted by Alien and finally digested by the blob.
Alien and Pinhead go toe to toe for a bit, knocking chunks off each other but making no real headway until The Blob rolls over them both and dissolves Alien like a delicious pickle. Pinhead stands inside The Blob enjoying the pain but otherwise unaffected (he is essentially a demonic entity and thus immortal) his flying hooks gain no purchase on the gelatinous behemoth.
With Pinhead unable to reduce the Blob to its component parts and Blobby unable to manipulate a puzzle box it's a tie. An eternal struggle of pain and torment, Pinhead has never been happier.

Part 1-

As much as I like the guy and think he's one tough mofo. El Wray is the first to be taken out. Figuring he ( El Wary) can use his weaponry to blast away at who ever poses the biggest threat and is the easiest target. El Wray targets, The Blob. El Wray fires round upon round into, The Blob. The Blob makes his way to, El Wray and engulfs him. " Buenos nachos, El Wray!"

Meanwhile... Xeno & Pinhead are sizing one another up. Pinhead strikes first with his chains. Launching six at, Xeno.  Xeno, with his super speed, dodges five of them. The one that does hook him, only slightly wounds him. In retaliation, Xeno spits out his acidic blood at, Pinhead. Pinhead is unscathed by the acid properties that hits him. Pinhead wipes some of the acid off his face. Then licks the remaining acid off his fingers, as if it was grape jelly. Xeno, knows he's being taunted by Pinhead, and doesn't like it one bit!  Xeno readies himself for another attack.   He squats. Then full force launches himself at, Pinhead.

In mid-air, The Blob intercepts, Xeno's attack. Xeno is caught in the middle of The Blobs mass. Xeno attempts to slash his way out. All attempts futile! The Blob's alien composite immediately begins decomposing the body of, Xeno. Digestion complete! " Sayonara, Xeno."

The Blob, burps...

Pinhead smirks!

To be continued...

Last edited by Underdog (2012-03-01 22:29:43)

* Bump*

I'm working on it.

^^^ See the poll way up there?  I KNEW some dink would use the Lon Only vote.  I told ya, didn't I?  Didn't I tell ya?

LoudLon wrote:

^^^ See the poll way up there?  I KNEW some dink would use the Lon Only vote.  I told ya, didn't I?  Didn't I tell ya?

See my post up there? ^^^^ The one that was a tie? How was I going to see the poll results without skewing them unless I used the only option that wouldn't do that? Huh? Huh? Not so smart now are we Mister smartypants? wink

Cap Howdy wrote:
LoudLon wrote:

I want a Jumbaco

Me too

Me three

Interesting combo.  For the most part the Blob just sits there or slowly oozes around.  Everyone can avoid it for now.

El Wray can do his jazz and maybe take out Xeno.  Or Xeno takes out El Wray.  Doesn't matter, Pinhead hook chains the winner into pieces.  (It's good to be supernatural). 

Now there is a problem- on the Earth plane, it's a tie.  Pinhead just walks away from the Blob, and the Blob isn't hurt by any of Pinhead's attacks.  I suppose that Pinhead could start up a big fire, or find some liquid nitrogen, but that's no fun.  Pinhead takes the Blob to hell and puts it in the 7th level (the cold one), where the Blob is a popsicle for eternity.

Winner- Pinhead.

Spoiler-
edit- ooh, close race!
end spoiler

Last edited by azathoth (2012-03-02 15:03:09)

Also, I'm also nearly finished with the left half of the (visual) bracket chart.  The damn thing is 90 inches by 120 inches.  And that's after I shrunk all the pics to about 1/2 size (and I'm not sure if the text is legible or not).  Next I'm going to do the exhibition matches.

Lon- I demand a 20% increase in my pay, damn it!

azathoth wrote:

Also, I'm also nearly finished taking this thing.  The damn thing is 90 inches by 120 inches.  And it kinda hurts.

^^
You confused "taking" with "giving."

Last edited by azathoth (2012-03-02 17:34:12)

azathoth wrote:

^^
You confused "taking" with "giving."

I was always told on xmas its the giving that counts.

Here's a link to the bracket-

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B0PY9q … UXRnVzZSdw

You will have to zoom in to see any detail (I told you it was big).

Last edited by azathoth (2012-03-02 18:10:20)

azathoth wrote:

(I told you it was big).

Not touching it.

And yet I did.

I am a Bodhisattva of the double entendre.

azathoth wrote:

Here's a link to the pic of Swollenguy's penis

link broken

You will have to zoom in to see it (I told you it was small).

Damn you're cruel Azzy

^^
Oh, snap!

[edit- next step is to do the Exhibition Matches.]

Last edited by azathoth (2012-03-02 18:15:07)

Cap Howdy wrote:
azathoth wrote:

Here's a link to the pic of Swollenguy's sausge

http://dofb.com/wp-content/uploads/2008 … ausage.jpg

You will have to stand back

Damn talk about a pavlovian reaction, I need a bib!

thanks guys

the chart looks cool AZ.

^^
Thanks. 
It was a tradeoff of the pictures' sizes and the graphic resolution.   Even with me reducing each pic by about 40%, the main bracket is going to be about 3' X 8' real size.  Once I add the exhibition matches in on the side, probably 6' X 8'.  Though if I put the exhib matches underneath, I could keep it at 3' wide, so it could be printed on a plotter.  Then you could go to Kinko's or Staples and have them print it out for you, if you so desired.

I could fit it on one page if I left out the pics, but what fun would that be?

azathoth wrote:

Check's in the mail. roll

Nice work, Azzie.  You took my sloppy and convoluted "hand written" bracket and laid it out all nice and pretty like.  I knew there was a reason I kept you around. big_smile

Incidentally, two more days to get your votes in, folks. smile

Part 2- Only two,  of the four combatants are left. The Blob & Pinhead.

The Blob, being some sort of alien amoeba with very limited intelligence, doesn't even realize he's been pitted against other worldly beings, and one bad-ass mofo earthling (whom has already been digested), in a fight to the death. Nor would he care.  The Blob's only concern is consuming mass quantities of flesh.  Whether it be alien or human. And having just digested El Wary. The Blob has already grown in size and mass.  Despite having the intelligence of a retarded hamster, The Blob senses hostility from the last remaining life form, and is still hungry.

Pinhead lives for the anguish of others.  He is a soulless being who deals in not death, but in the exquisite art of pain and suffering. Pinhead has tortured the souls of hundreds of thousands of mortals in his hellish dimension. Now he must figure out how he can kill, or better yet, banish the soul of an alien being to his private hell. Something Pinhead has never had the pleasure of doing.

Pinhead starts his assault by launching his ever trusty chains at, The Blob. The chains, even though the hooks enter the body, have zero effect of containing The Blob.  They merely slip out of the Blob's oozing structure when pulled on.  The Blob, Intent on engulfing and feeding once again, inches it's way towards, Pinhead.  The slow advancement of The Blob, allows Pinhead to re-think his strategy?  Pinhead summons a ring of fire that surrounds, The Blob. The Blob goes through the fire unfazed. Now just a few feet away from Pinhead. The Blob slows down it's advancement to half it's pace. Pinhead, puzzled, ponders why? " Is it because The Blob is running low on energy from lack of consumption?  Could it be that The Blob has lost sight of it's intent, or simply become bored?  Not likely!" Then what could it be..?"  Pinhead steps back. The Blob continues advancing towards Pinhead, but is noticeably slower now.  Pinhead extends his arm. Almost close enough to touch, The Blob. A small snowflake lands on his palm. "Could it be this simple?"  Pinhead raises his arms to the sky and summons the clouds above to shed more flakes. The clouds comply. Thirty seconds later it's a complete white-out. A minute later The Blob is frozen solid in it's tracks!  Ninety seconds later The Blob is vanquished to, Pinhead's realm.  In which Pinhead, will construct a virtual Winter wonderland to house The Blob. Where Pinhead will take joy in thawing, then refreezing The Blob for eternity...

Winner: Pinhead

Pinhead is just way too crafty & powerful to be beaten by the others. He's had an eternity to hone his skills of tricking, or out thinking his victims. Pinhead is, "a master of disaster!"

PS: Shortly before finishing this story I got to thinking???  Rather than Zeno being the second to be taken out. I changed my mind.  I now think The Blob would have been the second to go down.  But I don't have the time to re-write the story. sad  So, that's just the way I'm gonna end it. Not that it really matters. Just saying.

Last edited by Underdog (2012-03-03 18:22:25)

Updated bracket, with Exhibition Matches.  (Ignore the stuff on the right, it's just a place holder for the 2nd season fights.)

OH SHIT- I thought I trashed the entire file.  Smart me has it set for auto-backups, though it took me 10 minutes to find it.  Otherwise, an entire night's work... poof!

Oh fuck me anyway, I messed up Lon's graphic resolutions anyway.  Damn it.
Lon- you can now demote me to rat puncher.