Topic: Kids

This was such a great movie..and this came out right when I was in Jr High going onto high school...at the time it really made me wake a smell the roses..

Re: Kids

Oh god i love this movie with a passion. The first time i seen it. That was it for me. I became hooked on this movie. I love this movie from start to finish. And there's just one thing i have to say to get off my chest:

I have no legs!!! I have no legs!!! I have no legs!!! I have no legs!!!

I know it's wrong but that has to be my favorite part in the movie.

BlackDeathDamien wrote:

Oh god i love this movie with a passion. The first time i seen it. That was it for me. I became hooked on this movie. I love this movie from start to finish. And there's just one thing i have to say to get off my chest:

I have no legs!!! I have no legs!!! I have no legs!!! I have no legs!!!

I know it's wrong but that has to be my favorite part in the movie.

The same here the first time I saw it I was hooked too...I love the Casper part and the casper song...there our a few familiar actors in that movie that our pretty big stars now...I love how they portrayed the aids situation but they showed it in away to make someone my age at the time or yourself on what its really like..

It's a very powerful movie with great morals and such a wonderful movie. But also very wrong and sick at the sametime. Even though i haven't watched it for so damn long, i definitely need to see it and to be honest this is definitely a must own. I definitely agree with you about that they also deal with aids in the movie which i think fits in perfect for this movie and if they didn't add this in, i don't think it would be at where it is at today.

Last edited by BlackDeathDamien (2007-05-15 16:24:14)

BlackDeathDamien wrote:

It's a very powerful movie with great morals and such a wonderful movie. But also very wrong and sick at the sametime. Even though i haven't watched it for so damn long, i definitely need to see it and to be honest this is definitely a must own. I definitely agree with you about that they also deal with aids in the movie which i think fits in perfect for this movie and if they didn't add this in, i don't think it would be at where it is at today.

Me neither...yes it was sick and twisted and in some parts just out there but it is a great movie..and I do own this wink..another great movie by that director which is Larry Clark is called BULLY which is just as good as kids..this also has a book to go with it this movie is based on a true story..

Oh yeah. I have seen Bully and i definitely love it. It is definitely just as good as Kids. That's interesting that it's based on a true story. I never knew that. Or maybe i did. I can't remember. I haven't seen Bully for a long time. Now there are 2 great seriously messed up movies. More messed up than Kids and Bully. The 2 movies are:

1. Requiem For a Dream
2. Pi

Now if you haven't seen these movies, you have to see them. With Pi being entirely shot as black and white. The main actor in the movie is seriously messed up. If you have never heard of Pi, here's the plot:

The film is about a mathematical prodigy, Maximillian Cohen, who believes that everything in nature can be understood through numbers. Utilizing the stock market as his data set, Max tries to uncover patterns with the assistance of his homemade supercomputer Euclid. He has been plagued with migraine headaches since age 6. He suspects that the headaches originate from a childhood injury, in which he stared into the sun at such length that "the doctors didn't know if [his] eyes would ever heal." The day that his eyes had healed, Max experienced his first headache. He also suffers from extreme paranoia, manifested in menacing hallucinations, and some form of social anxiety disorder.

Max comes across a 216-digit number that he believes may hold the key to understanding the universe. A number of mysterious groups have become interested in his research, including a Wall Street firm with access to powerful new computer hardware, and a sect of Kabbalistic Jews who believe that the Torah, when represented as numbers instead of letters, contains the true name of God, an example of a Bible code. Max uses the help of these competing groups while rejecting their selfish motives. As he draws nearer to his answer, and the groups grow violent, Max's hold on his sanity begins to slip. In a last ditch effort to understand the number, Max destroys his research and suffers through a migraine without medication. A fleeting moment of enlightenment is ripped away when he regains consciousness.

Giving up, Max pushes an electric drill into his right temple, where he believes his mathmatical genius is located. Whether this actually occurs is left ambiguous. Later, Max sits on a park bench and is unable to perform complex mental calculation. He observes the trees blowing in the breeze, at peace.

This is defintiely by far a must own movie along with Requiem for a Dream.

wow...I'm deffently gonna have to look into that one..my fiancee would love that one hes all into movies like that..he loved the movie beautiful mind..

Pi is alot better than A Beautiful Mind. Just the end of Pi is crazy. It took me so long to see it and once i did, i actually regretted myself taking so damn long to finally see it. And if i can remember the one specific part correctly, there's a scene where the main character gets so sucked into the world of math and can't take it anymore and i think he was running from the police, i can't remember, but he sticks something right into his brain which they actually show the object penetrating his brain.

wow..ooh the actually story from the movie BULLY is on court tv crime library..

RaVeN71806 wrote:

wow..ooh the actually story from the movie BULLY is on court tv crime library..

Thanks. I'll make sure to watch it to refresh my memory.