Topic: 'Awesome' New DVD Saw Collectors Set - Most Pointless DVD Package Ever

Why are people getting excited about this cause the only first 2 movies are worth watching. You cant hide mediocre films with a nicely designed package. If they would actually implement such a design for a consistently excellent series of film or even just one amazing film like hobo with a shotgun then id be excited. If ur just buying the set for the packaging trap then it is a huge waste of money. At least Arrow DVD combine great films and lovingly made packaging that fans can appreciate.

If u had a Similar thing with a Planet Terror/Hobo with a Shotgun combo DVD then that would definitely worth the price.

Last edited by Vasquez (2012-08-21 15:04:26)

Re: 'Awesome' New DVD Saw Collectors Set - Most Pointless DVD Package Ever

A pointless DVD package for a pointless series of sequels. wink

Meh, some folks like the films....I certainly agree that the first film is the best, the second and third are alright and they get a bit silly after that. I was a bit disappointed that it turned onto such a cash cow. The quality of the films got worse but they did tie the story all together as far fetched as it was some of the sequels were still entertaining, I really enjoyed part V. I own all of the movies just because, and I watched the first five at the theater, part six and seven I waited for the dvds.

There are people that really love these films, some of them post regularly here, and I don't judge them for that.

One thing that irritates me with box sets, is that they release them before the franchise stops making more movies.  I mean, I know this has happened for a long time, and will continue to happen, but you buy the set, then a new set comes out with the addition.  Do you get that one too?

Not a real fan of the films but there is no denying the artistry that goes into the real and fully functioning traps. There should be an exhibition of those things.

^^ I'd like to see that.