Topic: 6 movie horror pack

Just got back from wal mart and bought a "6 movie pack horror collection" that features

Sundown, Boy Eats Girl, Fido, Parents, Earth Girls are Easy and Blood Diner.  It was only 5 dollars, and all 6 of the movies are on 2 discs.  Really I bought this pack just because I was desperate for something to watch and I have never seen Blood Diner or Earth Girls are Easy.  I'm sure some people here have seen these 6 films and I was just wonderin if any of these movies are worth a damn.

Also I don't think Earth Girls are Easy staring Jeff Goldblum is considered Horror, but we will see.

Re: 6 movie horror pack

Fido and parents were pretty good.  Blood Diner and Earth Girls are pretty cheesy but 80s fun.  I haven't seen the other two

If you like super cheesy bad 80's movies, you will like Blood Diner. It's a good pick up because Blood Diner is hard to come by on dvd i believe. Boy Eats Girl is the only other one i have seen, and i don't quite remember it but i think i recall thinking it was not great but decent. I have Fido on my Netflix queue and really need to get around to watching it soon.

I say two thumbs up on this DVD pick up!

There are about 10 movies named 'Sundown,' so ya got me on that one.  I've seen the rest, and for $5 that's a great buy.  Though I have no idea why "Earth Girls are Easy" is included; it's a straight up comedy.

Its bad enough Walmart has those Ultimate horror movie collections on 2 DVD discs like an ultimate Hellraiser and The Prophecy movie series all bunched up together.

Now there's a 6 movies in one DVD case that has Fido and Earth GIrls Are Easy?

What's next? LOL

Won a 50 movie dvd collection for a safety award at work, many, many hours of enjoyment, but Amazon has it for 11 bucks, lol. Damn good deal.

http://www.amazon.com/Horror-Classics-M … B0001HAGTM

Damn I have been searching at any walmart I go to for that collection and the one with 8 films which includes Chud 2 and The Unholy (both in Widescreen for the first time) but no luck. Lucky you!

urrutiap wrote:

Its bad enough Walmart has those Ultimate horror movie collections on 2 DVD discs like an ultimate Hellraiser and The Prophecy movie series all bunched up together.

Now there's a 6 movies in one DVD case that has Fido and Earth GIrls Are Easy?

What's next? LOL

I know.  I need to figure out how to take a pic of it on my phone and post it up here.  Haha even Sundown is supposed to be a decent watch.  Blood Diner and Parents?  Earth Girls are Easy stars Damon Wayans, Jim Carey, Goldblum, and his then wife Geena Davis. 

Still though, I tried watching Blood Diner and realized I've tried about ten other times because it was always on Fearnet, and can never quite get excited enough to keep it on.  Parents doesn't interest me too much nor do any of the 4 other films but hey, still a cool lil  buy for 5 bucks.  Might watch Fido sometime but I worry that there are no scares in it.

This collection was made by lionsgate

Last edited by PrinceofDarkness (2012-06-13 19:20:51)

I just picked this and its companion DVD off Amazon for under $20.

I like the fact that Blood Diner is uncut, that's kind of neat. I also don't think its available on DVD anywhere else, is it?

The other collection has :
976-EVIL 2 (1991; 93 minutes; Rated R)
Ghoulies III: Ghoulies Go To College (1991; 94 Minutes; Rated R)
C.H.U.D. II: Bud the Chud (1989; 84 Minutes; Rated R)
Waxwork (1988; 93 Minutes; Rated R)
Slaughter High (1986; 92 Minutes; Unrated)
Class of 1999 (1990; 96 Minutes; Unrated)
Chopping Mall (1986; 77 Minutes; Rated R)
The Unholy (1988; 102 Minutes; Rated R)

Nice collections for a cheap price until they individually get a proper release.

^^^ Some of those have had individual DVD releases.  Chopping Mall, Waxwork (well, it was on a dual-disc with Waxwork 2), both of which I've previously owned.  And I think Slaughter High had a DVD release a few years back as well.  Not sure about any of the others.

But no, Blood Diner hasn't been given its own DVD release.  Lion's Gate was supposed to release it this past February with features, but dumped it bare-bones onto a six-pack instead.  Believe me, if it had been given a stand-alone release, I'd own it.  It's one of my all-time favorite b-horror flicks.

Sundown, Boy Eats Girl, Blood Diner, haven't seen them.

Earth Girls Are Easy - I used to like it when I was six or seven because it had Jim Carrey (my favorite actor) in it. Now I just can't stand it. The musical they do in the beauty parlor? Makes me want to stick something really sharp into both ear canals and push. lol

Parents - I actually enjoyed watching that. It had a few really surreal scenes in there too, if I remember right. And Randy Quaid is creepy.

Fido - Excellent zombie movie with an intriguing, fun plot!

Vamp_Slayer wrote:

Damn I have been searching at any walmart I go to for that collection and the one with 8 films which includes Chud 2 and The Unholy (both in Widescreen for the first time) but no luck. Lucky you!

I just picked that one up at f.y.e. for 10 bucks.