Topic: Possible College Tuition Fraud - Need Some Advice!!!
Okay, so I've been taking online classes for almost two years from DeVry Online (and am not anywhere close to getting my degree which is supposed to be a two year degree). I've been looking at my student finance account very closely recently (we really need that tuition refund to take care of my broken glasses and dental work). I've noticed some really strange practices going on there.
1. After my loans and grants were posted I had a negative balance of over $2,700. Which is awesome but seems like they took out an excessive amount of financial aid.
2. After this was posted, the PELL Grant from a different term totally vanished (yes, like magic) from that semester resulting in me owing $1,300.
3. With the new fee that just showed up my $2,700 balance turned into just over $1,300 which led me to believe that the supposed remaining balance was being taken out of this terms refund.
4. Today I logged on and found that now my account says that I OWE the $1,300 and that I have a tuition refund coming to me for $1,600. Also, I noticed that the finances on my account for this term changed to make all the numbers match up nice and neat. There is a section that says REFUND = $2,700 and then TUITION REFUND = $1,600. Weird right?!
5. I looked back at every term that I've been enrolled at DeVry and the TUITION REFUND I've been getting is almost always $1,000 or more less than what the refund was supposed to be.
I really feel like I'm being scammed. Thoughts? And, who could I report this too to find out??