Topic: Arkham Horror anyone?

I'm a Huuuuuuge fan of the boardgame Arkham Horror. A boardgame? Yes, a boardgame based on the works of HP Lovecraft. Been hooked on it for several years. I'm sure there's other people on this Forum who play it...

Re: Arkham Horror anyone?

never heard of it

It's made by Chaosium, I think.  I've seen it, but I've never played it.  Does it have Sanity Points like CoC, or does it not really work that way?

Originally made by Chaosium in the late 80s (I never played the original) based on the Call Of Cthulhu roleplaying game, Fantasy Flight Games re-vamped it in 2005 with killer artwork, and there's a whopping 8 expansions now.

Your character can go insane if he/she loses all Sanity points- but it's just a setback, if they go insane they wake up in Arkham Asylum next turn for "treatment" (the asylum in Batman was named after HP Lovecraft's creation)

This is my favorite game ever- but it's not for everyone. It's complicated, it takes a half hour to set up and several hours to play, there's at least 18 different decks of cards, 100+ cardboard pieces, and to call the rules "fiddly"" would be an understatement. But it's the closest you can get to an RPG without a game-master; a good game of A-H is like walking through a really weird horror story, and it can really build up tension as your Doom draws near (yes, if you lose the whole world gets devoured by an obscene alien god)

There's also a simpler, faster version called "Elder Sign"

have some friends from class that play it but I never do.