Topic: Impromptu informal Movie Night June 30th, 2012

Due to some requests, I'm going to set up an HM convo for people to run their own movie night.  I'm not in charge, everyone throw out suggestions below for what they'd like to watch.

I'll set it up on Skype in the afternoon, and everyone can figure it out.

I'll make sure it's up by 5PM US Eastern (10PM for those over the pond) so everyone has a chance to stop in.

And I'm looking at July 28th for the next formal Movie Night.  Shaun of the Dead, Tucker & Dale, and Return of the Living Dead.  Starting at 6PM US Eastern.

And I've been discussing HorrorFest 2012 with some people, so I'll be asking for some help on that front in a month or so.

Re: Impromptu informal Movie Night June 30th, 2012

Don't know what kickboxing zombies are but sounds scary as hell!

If zombies can't kickbox then who the hell can?!

I'm in for the impromptu night, what theme are we going for?

^^
Up to you guys and gals.  I'm just hosting, so rip it up with whatever you'd like.

An impromptu movie night sounds awesome. I'm thinking something fun and cheesy? Maybe something Roger Corman like? That's just the mood I'm kind of in today.

^^
Remember, Ty, it's tomorrow.  Though it looks like a whole bunch of people are already jumping on Skype today, so you can hash it out with them for some stuff tonight.  I'll be in and out all night, so drop some suggestions over there!  big_smile

Heh, they're already planning a bunch of movies for tonight, Friday.  So if anyone else wants to join in, feel free.  Looks like a long night.

sorry won't be able to make july 28th because i go on holiday. you don't want to talk to me now because i'm not in a good mood not that i would be on at the moment anyway.got the anger stirrings in the depths of the stomach and anger bubbling. you know the usual shit. am staying on here as doing a list in a minute. don't know about tomorrow because i don't know about the next few hours.

^^
That's cool, my friend.  Just take care of yourself.  We're for you if you need a little rant time.

OK, everyone is taking a break right now to do stuff.  Check back in an hour or so on Skype.

Good stuff last night, watched "Sleepaway Camp."  Dear beloved Jobu, how does someone make a movie where the men have shorts that are shorter than the girls'?  There were some weird vibes coming off that film.

Anyhoo, I'll still be setting up a Skype session for Saturday.  You can ask last night's participants for a preferred theme song for me to sing.  Yep, I sang the theme song to "Titanic" last night.  It got a healthy 4/10, lol

Not to mention Mr. B's 80s background soundtrack he had running all night.  Heh, some of the weirdest stuff happen when we just chitter chatter on Skype.

Last edited by azathoth (2012-06-30 04:13:58)

The Titanic theme song was legendary. I've got my thinking cap on for one for tonight!

Sleepaway Camp was awesome last night, the shorts and hair combo were certainly interesting lol. 

What do people want to watch tonight then? We never got around to Pulse, I think the subtitles are off-putting to some. I'm good with whatever, maybe something more atmospheric tonight rather then humorous?

Sry guys for last night. I was really shy so i didnt say anything. Its to do with my speech and language problems u see. I thought i got better to able to do it. I think once i get talking ill be fine its just taking the first leap as u would say i suppose. Ill try tonight today. Also could we decide in advance what we watching cause if i can watch it on youtube then it takes a bit cause my internet at home aint so fast.

Last edited by Vasquez (2012-06-30 08:56:24)

what about chopping mall

^ Hey, no worries about the speech issues, Vasq. No one here will bother you about them. Hopefullly you'll be able to get outside of your nervous zone and chat with us. I know when I started doing skype and got a mic, I was really quiet myself.

Chopping Mall is awesome - and on YouTube.
Wild and cheesy 80s flick....not the most atmospheric though.
What are people thinking about watching that's creepy/atmospheric? I'll throw JC's The Fog out there.

I fell asleep! Lol sorry. I didn't get to see the end sad Might finish it tonight. I don't mind what we watch. Was fun. Going to pick up a new mic in a bit once I've had my dinner.

@Vas- like Ty said, you're among friends.  And if anyone ever rips into someone on one of my chats... well, let's say in addition to my HM list on Skype I also have a banned list.  big_smile  Besides, they got me to sing the Titanic theme song last night; you ever hear a monkey sing a Celion Deon song?  lol

@UV- It was funny, I remember you saying you were going to lay down, and then 30 minutes later someone said "What happened to UV?"

As for The Fog, didn't see it on YouTube but it is on Netflix (actually, it's in my Instant Queue!)

I know. my head hit the pillow and was flat out! Trying to get a nap in while Georgia is busy and Dan is fiddling with his laptop bits but they keep waking me up! Don't think I can get the fog hmm

Vasquez wrote:

Sry guys for last night. I was really shy so i didnt say anything. Its to do with my speech and language problems u see. I thought i got better to able to do it. I think once i get talking ill be fine its just taking the first leap as u would say i suppose. Ill try tonight today. Also could we decide in advance what we watching cause if i can watch it on youtube then it takes a bit cause my internet at home aint so fast.

Don't worry about it Vas smile You'll get there. I've never used a mic before so was like "ergh what must I sound like"!

Don't worry Vas, take your time. No-one's gonna rip you or anything, don't sweat it. I haven't even got a mic lol though I'm gonna see if I can pick one up at Asda tonight.

I'm good with whatever people can find. The Fog it good for atmosphere, or we could nominate what we think are the scariest possible films? I haven't had a real scare in a long time!

Haha wondered what happened to ya Ultra! I'll be able to stay up later tonight, so any time whatsoever is good for me

The silent house was the last scare I had but it's subbed.. Insidious gives some good jumps and creepy feeling. A Tale of 2 sisters scared the crap outta me. And The Mother's day remake but that's because it playd on my worst fear of home invasions, really it's just a brutal thriller.

I think my mistake was getting to comfy lol. I probably would have lasted. Mics are only a few quid in Asda at the moment. Going toget one myself.

i might be up for this tonight guys.........just found the mic on my laptop!!! lol

Why don't we watch Maniac since the remake is coming out. Plus it would be good for me cause i have the DVD of it i haven't ever checked out (i only seen a poor copy online) plus i assume not everyone has seen it already. My mum don't like me using the internet all the time, especially if im loading films which take up a lot of internet usage i assume.

Last edited by Vasquez (2012-06-30 10:17:30)

I've seen half of it for my challenge. will fit in well for me, plus it's free on lovefilm.

I haven't seen the Mother's Day remake Ultra, home invasions are definitely one of my fears too. I think I'll add the others I haven;t seen to my list. I don't mind subbed films at all but most people I know won't entertain them hmm I'll try and pick up a mic tonight, I'll be a bit nervous about chatting though lol

Maniac sounds good to me Vas, would be a good watch considering we'll all probs watch the remake soon

Twisted, would be great to have more in the chat!

What time are people thinking?