Topic: Marvel Studios' New Epic: Guardians Of The Galaxy

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guardians_ … 08_team%29

The reported release date is August 2014. I really don't know a whole lot about this group, other than it's on a more cosmic level than any other MCU film. There's also an appearance by Thanos in the 2008 comic run, so it's no coincidence now about The Avengers.

Anyway, it sounds exciting.

Re: Marvel Studios' New Epic: Guardians Of The Galaxy

A bit off the beaten path for Marvel. I like the idea of lesser know, and not as trendy, heroes being looked at for the big screen. I honestly don't remember ever reading the comic, either, and I was a huge comic fan...still am.

I think they could go into the intergalatic/space realm like Green Lantern did but I was bored to death with Green Lantern so I don't know about this.

^^  yea, I didn't care for GL, or Thor.

Last edited by Underdog (2012-07-06 10:07:19)

This could go either way. The 2008 series was great, but it's going to be hard to pull off the same tone and have it work on screen. It's very "comic booky" as it has characters that are in theory ridiculous but work in a comic, like Rocket Raccoon or Groot, who is basically a tree. Here's hoping for a good movie.

The GOG were a lot more popular back in the 70s and 80s, when I was a kid.  Like Undie, I think it's cool Marvel's opting to go with some of their more interesting second-string characters for their next pair of "new" films, the other being Black Panther.

I saw an announcement earlier today that the GOG flick is going to include Drax the Destroyer and Nova, among others (yay, Nova!!!) but no mention of Vance Astro. hmm

http://www.slashfilm.com/guardians-gala … ccon-2012/

More information including concept art of the characters was shown. Man, I wasn't sure at first but they look kind of cool. Star Lord (I'm assuming that's the guy with the two guns) looks pretty awesome.

^^^ I'm just hoping they don't include Rocket Raccoon.  He's a skoche too campy and hokey to be taken seriously in a movie, regardless of how seriously they treat him in the comics. 

And yeah, that's supposed to be Starlord with the two guns.