Topic: Who is Your Favorite Horror Movie Icon & Why?

Who is your favorite horror movie icon? Who do you think is the most creative or the scariest? Why?

Re: Who is Your Favorite Horror Movie Icon & Why?

Its a close choice between Frankenstein and Ash.

Frankenstein cause he is misunderstood monster. (Love the scene with the blind guy in Bride of Frankenstein)

Ash cause hes a regular joe thrust into a demonic crazy ass situation yet comes out on top while spouting some classic lines.

Im going Frankenstein though.

Last edited by Vasquez (2012-07-06 15:08:51)

Godzilla is. He's a huge lizard that just doesn't die, and has the power of fire breath, and has fought numerous monsters and often won. He's a huge threat, and an awesome monster. Also, I can't wait for the Godzilla reboot in the near future it's gonna be a great way to bring the big guyback to the big screen.

Robert Englund. No matter how bad the actual movie is or how small his part is he is always entertaining.

For an actual character I'd go with Nosferatu/Count Orlok. Max Schreck created the standard by which all other vampires are measured in my book and I have yet to find one that even comes close to him for sheer creepiness.

bentheprop wrote:

Robert Englund. No matter how bad the actual movie is or how small his part is he is always entertaining.

For an actual character I'd go with Nosferatu/Count Orlok. Max Schreck created the standard by which all other vampires are measured in my book and I have yet to find one that even comes close to him for sheer creepiness.

and mr Englund has made his share of bad films. the silent nosferatu scared me shitless as a kid in clips and pictures. when i got to see the film not so much but no denying his creepiness.

just the name is enough to describe my favourite horror icon.Boris Karloff. enough said!

If i had to say my favourite horror icon (non-character) it would be Bela Lugosi.

Last edited by Vasquez (2012-07-07 04:55:30)

By far, Vincent Price.

Vincent Price is a very very very close second for me

^^ I've loved Price since I was a kid. I can't even pinpoint exactly why. I just remember seeing House on Haunted Hill and being enamored. Karloff is probably my closest second.

^
Ive seen House on Haunted Hill and House of Wax. I love him in House of Wax.

Last edited by Vasquez (2012-07-07 06:41:24)

Favourite Horror Movie Character would be Freddy Krueger,  Favourite Actor would be Cushing or Price.

I had to think about this one. Favorite character would have to be Pinhead.

Freddy Kruger is the first character I think of when I think of the word horror. He's funny, scary and makes the film what it is. Robert Englund is Freddy and without him I don't think it would be the series that it is now.

Another person who springs to mind is Tony Todd. No matter what that man does, he's just so creepy! Loved Candyman and he was soooo kooky in the FD series.

Director wise, it has to be Wes Craven. Can't beat him. I've loved most of his films that I've seen and the Scream series is my favourite horror franchise.