Topic: Wild Zero

So... do I watch this with subtitles.... or is dubbed better?

Re: Wild Zero

I've found it's a personal preference thing.  The dubbing has some funny stuff in it, though.

The reason I ask is that I usually like to watch foreign language films with subtitles.  I find that the overdub is usually badly acted and makes for absurdity.  However I watched the dubbed version of Rick-Oh:  The Story of Ricky and it led to new levels of hilarity.  I'm leaning towards the dubbed version of Wild Zero now, thanks!

Yeah, for things like Ricki and Wild Zero, you're not really missing any important plot (such as they are) points forgoing the subtitles.    Enjoy, it's an odd one.  big_smile

That's what I hear.  Been preparing by listening to some Guitar Wolf.  Ouch...  Much prefer Send More Paramedics.

^^
July 28th were doing Return of the Living Dead as part of Movie Night!

i can not stand dubbed .

subtitles is always better, i have yet to see this movie

BASSI wrote:

i can not stand dubbed .

Always has to be subs for me too. I think movies are better in their intended language. Watched oldboy with dubbed once. Was one of the better dubs I've heard but still didn't feel right.

Having seen Story of Ricki both ways, dubbed is way better.  But I watch most foreign language films with subtitles by preference.

BASSI wrote:

i can not stand dubbed .

The subtitles are no better than dubbed in this case.  Neither can be correct, and both are funny.  Language translation was not a big priority for this film.

EnglishTony wrote:

Having seen Story of Ricki both ways, dubbed is way better.  But I watch most foreign language films with subtitles by preference.

For the Story of Ricky , they took a bit of liberty with the translation and went for camp in their dubbing and the result was hilarious which suits the movie.
"He's got guts"

I don't think you can really translate a scene in which someone ties their own severed tendon back together to make a fist and play is straight.