Topic: 8 movie horror pack

So I went to Wal Mart specifically to find a movie to watch tonight.  Lately, the WalMart has had a pretty damn great selection.  I was about to leave and decided to look through the 5 dollar bin.  I found a fuckin' 8 movie Horror pack that has Chopping Mall, Slaughter High, Chud 2, Waxwork, The Unholy, Ghoulies 3, and Class of 1999, and 976-evil 2.  I know nothing about 976 evil 2, Class of 1999, the Unholy or Ghouliest 3.

It wasn't too long ago when I found a 6 movie Horror pack that had Blood Diner, Earth Girls are Easy, Fido and a few others on it, but I really didn't like a single thing on that one.

Chopping Mall and Slaugher High have been on my list of Slashers to see for years.  I cannot believe I found both of them at fucking Wal Mart. I thought maybe I had seen Slaughter High but after looking it I realized I was getting it confused with Return to Horror High which I have seen.  C.H.U.D. 2 seems like a decent little 80s flick. Kind of funny, some solid 80s music and a nice little vibe.  Not too into it though..

You should be able to find this movie pack I am talking about on Amazon, I'm sure they are selling it for cheap.

Last edited by PrinceofDarkness (2012-07-07 18:58:05)

Re: 8 movie horror pack

Chpping Mall-  cheesy 80s fun slasher set in a mall with crazy robots on the loose, some good gory kills and some nudity.

Slaughter High- Cheesy 80s slasher

Chud 2, Bud the Chud- Over the top cheese

Waxwork- An 80s anthology set in a wax museum (I really liked this one and #2 has Bruce Cambell in it)

The Unholy- pretty good (I have it on VHS)

Class of 1999-  Class of 1984 is a cult classic and this is the sequel.  It's not bad.

975-evil2 I have on VHS but I haven't watched it yet.

^^
Good analysis.
Bruce was awesome in Waxworks 2.  Like the Xeno part, too.
976-EVIL 2 is fairly bad, worst of this bunch.

Here's the Amazon link.  OOP, cheapest price is $18.  I'd go for it, a bit over $2 per film is worth it here.

Last edited by azathoth (2012-07-07 22:00:30)

Waxwork,the unholy and class of 1999 are pretty good. chopping mall and slaughter high cheap and cheesey but ok. the rest of them meh! but overall not too bad.

Chopping Mall, Slaughter High, Chud 2, Waxwork, The Unholy, Ghoulies 3, and Class of 1999, and 976-evil 2...

Its worth the $5 for the first four movies alone (I haven't seen the others).

Chopping Mall is fun cheesy 80's goodness
Slaughter High ^same as above^
CHUD II alot don't like it but I thought it was funny and entertaining
Waxworks is fun also, I actually like the second one a little better though

The Unholy has been on my to see list for awhile!

Good pickup, Vamp_Slayer has mentioned this set several times and I have had my eye out for it with no luck as of yet.

^^
Look at my post 2 above.

Haha I like how you said good analysis when one of the things he said for a movie was "pretty good I have it on VHS" haha.  Great analysis.

Put on Chopping Mall and lasted about 50 minutes before I had to turn it off.  Really bad.  I had been hoping it was gonna be on the same level as Night of the Comet which of course is a great movie and very well directed.  Chopping Mall was just mad, though it did coincidentally have the co star from Night of the Comet. 

Then I watched Slaughter High and wasn't totally impressed with it either.  It kept my attention a lot more than Chopping Mall. Oh well, 5 dollars well spent still considering I can still watch Waxwork and get a couple laughs and thrills from it.

We all have our opinions about various films.  And if you were paying attention her name is DirtyGirl.  Also, not sure where VHS comes into the discussion when discussing a movie.  We weren't talking about video/audio quality.

@Az -- I totally clicked the link but I hate to pay $17.99 when its $5 at walmat...if you can find it that is.

@PoD -- yeah, if you don't like silly 80's cheese then Chopping Mall & Slaughter High probably aren't your cup of tea.

@Chain- I just put it out there for anyone that's really interested and can't find it locally.  The more you know and all that stuff.  Somehow all of you have much better Wal-marts than I do, 'cause all their cheap suff is crap.  I'm talkin' like 'Rainbow Brite rides My LIttle Pony and farts rainbows all over and cures gout' level of crap.

azathoth wrote:

@Chain- I just put it out there for anyone that's really interested and can't find it locally.  The more you know and all that stuff.  Somehow all of you have much better Wal-marts than I do, 'cause all their cheap suff is crap.  I'm talkin' like 'Rainbow Brite rides My LIttle Pony and farts rainbows all over and cures gout' level of crap.

haha...my son watches My Little Pony!  Sometimes I wonder about him.   

I recently picked up Some Guy Who Kills People at Walmart.  I highly recommend it.

'Rainbow Brite rides My LIttle Pony and farts rainbows all over and cures gout' - If you see that, pick it up for me. My kids would love it.

azathoth wrote:

LOL, I know what ya mean. I haven't been able to find it round here and 18 bucks ain't to bad, just holdin' out and hoping I will find it eventually.

I remember I picked up an eight horror movie dvd from Wal-Mart last year. It was all Full-Moon features. Evil Bong, Demonic Toys, a few others, and then Prom Night. I have to dig around for it, so I can give you guys all of the titles. It was well worth the money I spent on it ($5). I would have even spent more for it. Wal-Mart has a nice selection of horror films, for a very cheap price.

Really wanna see Chopping Mall. Looks great for a laugh. Love 80s cheese and ridiculously bad movies. I really struggle to get bargains at all where I am. We have like one good dvd store and even that's a preowned entertainment store. My HMV is rubbish. Their foreign section is pitiful and expensive and their horror section has all mainstream horror and nothing obscure.

I haven't really seen anything like that lately at Wal-Mart. Bad luck. I wanna see Chopping Mall and Waxwork.

Last edited by ispydork (2012-07-09 10:20:01)

Youtube has everthing smile

http://youtu.be/_cv1zGmnoVs

http://youtu.be/6AeDsC_XZQ8

Can always rely on DG fora link! Thanks Mwah!

Oh that's fantastic. Thank you DG!

I just came back from WalMart with some really good $5 film packs!

DirtyGirl wrote:
azathoth wrote:

haha...my son watches My Little Pony!  Sometimes I wonder about him.   

I recently picked up Some Guy Who Kills People at Walmart.  I highly recommend it.

They are loving this over on my other horror site. Will be trying to find it asap. Problem with the UK is things get very limited releases especially indie or foreign horror. I really wanna see the Poughkeepsie tapes but that hasn't been released anywhere as far as I know. sad Is there anywhere I can stream Some Guy?

Oddly as it does sound, I myself have found some awesome horror flicks at walmart. To good to be true sometimes.  plus i also have found all the Midnight horror movies at walmart.

Why is it that everyone has cooler Wal-Marts than I do?  Where's the monkey horror love?  sad

^^^ You're surprised?  Hell, everybody and their uncle know the only good thing in Phillie is the cheese stake.
big_smile

We don't have wallmart we have ASDA. You get the best obscure titles from a little second hand dvd place in the indoor market. He's not cheap but has some real gems in most of the time. Had the burning in for £12 because it's not being produced any more.