Topic: Movies So Bad, You Have to Watch Them

Thought this would be something of interest. I know when I am muddling about through Italian horror and other countries of low budget mayhem, I run into some movies that are down right terrible. But upon another watch I find them to be at least watchable (to the point you can make fun of it and have a good time).

So what movies fall into this category for you?
Recently, I watched Nightmare City again and I gotta say, cheesy, but really fun. It doesn't make a lot of sense to me and the ending definitely feels like a cop out (you'll know what I mean when you see it) but it is fun to watch.

Re: Movies So Bad, You Have to Watch Them

Troll 2 is the obvious I guess. Sickle aka Slaughterhouse Massacre from 2005 also has some hilariously bad scenes. Pieces is also a classic of the 'So Bad its Good' sub genre.

Last edited by Vasquez (2012-07-14 12:28:30)

I'll have to check the other two out. My obvious favorite is Maximum Overdrive. Props to Stephen King for that one.

I don't think I have any that got better on the second viewing. I do remember trying to watch Killjoy for the first time several months ago and I just couldn't do it. God it was bad.

From dusk til dawn epitomises cult classic. It is narratively speaking, a bad film but it's so bloody enjoyable. It's sequels are just as bad but again extremely fun.

Zilla '98. He does NOT lay eggs, Godzilla does NOT run that fast, Godzilla did not use his atomic breathe, and Godzilla is definitely NOT killed by 6 missiles. Though the animated series was good. It should have been what the 1998 never was. I hope they get it right with the reboot this time.

Ms.Gorefiend wrote:

I don't think I have any that got better on the second viewing. I do remember trying to watch Killjoy for the first time several months ago and I just couldn't do it. God it was bad.

I just became a sad panda reading this sad

Well maybe not better but you're like, "God that was dumb but I can't look away."

A lotta people I know like Plan 9 for that reason

Tripod wrote:

Zilla '98. He does NOT lay eggs, Godzilla does NOT run that fast, Godzilla did not use his atomic breathe, and Godzilla is definitely NOT killed by 6 missiles. Though the animated series was good. It should have been what the 1998 never was. I hope they get it right with the reboot this time.

Oh hell i forgot about that. You can't really look away from it though eh?

Aww, I'm sorry. I take it you liked Killjoy?

Birdemic

I also wasn't that big on Mothra too, I remember a scene in it where their were 2 Japanese girls riding on Mothra and it was pretty cheesy and I just think he's my least favorite kaiju.

Oh! I have one, Zombie Strippers. I thought it was pretty terrible after the first watch. For some inexplicable reason, I was compelled to watch it a second time and liked it.

The Village.  I had high expectations for this, then thought it was so horrible I wouldn't even acknowledge it existed...then it was on tv or something, and decided to watch it...now it fits this Thread for me.

Last edited by Ghostseeker (2012-07-13 17:47:13)

Jaws 3-D and Jaws: the Revenge, so bad yet when I see them on cable I tune it nearly every time lol.

All troma movies fit into this category.

Yeah. But still. They have a different feel to em though. they are made to be that way.

I'm not sure why I didn't connect the Italian horror you referenced earlier with some gems that very much fit into this category for me. Hell of the Living Dead being one, Nightmare City being another. They are absolutely terrible, but I can't help but love them. I know there are more from this era, but my brain isn't working today.

big_smile Nightmare City is my go to. I don't really remember hell of the living dead or how it ends but I do remember it is absolutely awful

Jesus Christ Vampire Hunter
A kungfu Jesus takes on Vampires while doing musical numbers.

People really seem to hate Black X-Mas (remake) and I did too on first watch in theaters, but then I wanted to watch it again for some reason, bought the DVD and loved it. It is not better than the original but it is more fun I think. But I am a bit too accepting of ant slasher film really. I just love em.
Seed of Chucky is a bad film, but I think it is really fun.
I know there are way more but I have to think more.

That one looks interesting Azz...haha

Rawhead Rex is definitely so bad it's good, Rex has such a cheesy mask.  but the movie is done so straight.

Flight of the living Dead and any giant monster movie from The Asylum.

All of Ed Wood's movies fall into this category for me. I love them.

Let's see, erm I got Godzilla (1998), The Thing (2011), Anaconda:The hunt for the Blood Orchid (2004) and that's it.

Oh lets see...

Jason X, Jason takes Manhattan, Halloween Resurection, The Devil Inside, Halloween 07,

Psychos in Love.  Though this one doesn't really qualify, because it's intentionally cheap and cheesy.  And hilariously so.