Topic: What is your #1 favorite horror flick of all time?

Mine is The Texas Chainsaw Massacre, bar none!!! (the original version)

Re: What is your #1 favorite horror flick of all time?

The original Dawn of the Dead.  In my opinion it's about as close to the perfect horror movie as you can get.  It's well-written, well-acted, frightening, compelling, satirical, gory, blackly comedic, allegorical...it works on pretty much every single level.

Re: What is your #1 favorite horror flick of all time?

This is a ridiculously hard question but if I had to take 1 movie, it would probably be Nightmare on Elm St.  That or Scream...

Re: What is your #1 favorite horror flick of all time?

LoudLon wrote:

The original Dawn of the Dead.  In my opinion it's about as close to the perfect horror movie as you can get.  It's well-written, well-acted, frightening, compelling, satirical, gory, blackly comedic, allegorical...it works on pretty much every single level.

Cool!  That is a good one.

Re: What is your #1 favorite horror flick of all time?

PrinceofDarkness wrote:

This is a ridiculously hard question but if I had to take 1 movie, it would probably be Nightmare on Elm St.  That or Scream...

LOL!  Yes I know it is difficult to choose!

I haven't seen Nightmare On Elm Street in ages.

Re: What is your #1 favorite horror flick of all time?

I can't even make a Top 20 list.
But, today I feel like The Thing.  Tomorrow it will be something else.  Monkeys are fickle.

Re: What is your #1 favorite horror flick of all time?

I will have to go with the original 50's Godzilla movie. It was dark, gritty, and very serious in tone and Godzilla is the ultimate giant monster.

Re: What is your #1 favorite horror flick of all time?

Tripod wrote:

I will have to go with the original 50's Godzilla movie. It was dark, gritty, and very serious in tone and Godzilla is the ultimate giant monster.

I LOVE Godzilla!

I have been a Godzilla FREAK since I was a kid!

I have Godzilla box sets.  smile

Re: What is your #1 favorite horror flick of all time?

Day of the Dead 85

Re: What is your #1 favorite horror flick of all time?

I don't think I can pick just one. Way too difficult.

Re: What is your #1 favorite horror flick of all time?

DarkMistress wrote:
Tripod wrote:

I will have to go with the original 50's Godzilla movie. It was dark, gritty, and very serious in tone and Godzilla is the ultimate giant monster.

I LOVE Godzilla!

I have been a Godzilla FREAK since I was a kid!

I have Godzilla box sets.  smile

I also have Godzilla figures too such as the original Godzilla, Destroyah, and Robo-Zilla. My Dad's just as big of a fan too. big_smile

Re: What is your #1 favorite horror flick of all time?

OMG how can I decide! I love Noes and Scream. I watch them all the time and I really enjoy them but my favourites change all the time depending on what I'm into at that particular time.

Re: What is your #1 favorite horror flick of all time?

Probably Suspiria. Can't decide.

Re: What is your #1 favorite horror flick of all time?

I will go with Horror of Dracula today- ask me again tomorrow...lol

Re: What is your #1 favorite horror flick of all time?

^^^ Checked that flick out for the first time just a few months ago and thought it was great.  Loved Peter Cushing bounding around the room in the final scene and Christopher Lee's garrish bloody eyes and fangs, while campy, were still pretty creepy.  Hammer Horror has always been the one genre area I lacked in (I don't think I've seen but two or three HH flicks) but after HOD I've made a concerted effort to check out more Hammer flicks.

Re: What is your #1 favorite horror flick of all time?

Awesome!  Another convert....Muhahaha

Check out Curse of Frankenstein next.  Peter Cushing is amazing in it.

Re: What is your #1 favorite horror flick of all time?

LoudLon wrote:

^^^ Checked that flick out for the first time just a few months ago and thought it was great.  Loved Peter Cushing bounding around the room in the final scene and Christopher Lee's garrish bloody eyes and fangs, while campy, were still pretty creepy.  Hammer Horror has always been the one genre area I lacked in (I don't think I've seen but two or three HH flicks) but after HOD I've made a concerted effort to check out more Hammer flicks.

Lon! Horror Of Dracula as you yanks call it, it's called simply " Dracula" over here is the best film the old Hammer ever did. a few other recommedations are " The Vampire Lovers" " Quatermass & The Pit",  " Twins Of Evil", " Dracula, Prince Of Darkness, " Vampire Circus" " Frankenstein Must Be Destroyed". and many others although some are pretty poor. Ask the lovely Mary she loves em and is more of an expert on them than me.

Re: What is your #1 favorite horror flick of all time?

Dawn of the Dead (1978 ) no question.

Re: What is your #1 favorite horror flick of all time?

DG -- I have Curse of Frankenstein on my PC, as well as Plague of the Zombies (I think that's Hammer, yes?) and will be checking them out. smile

Wolfie -- I actually have all those titles you mentioned (plus a couple more) on my to-do list.  I've heard of several of them -- most notably Twins of Evil and Quatermass -- I've just never gotten around to watching them.  hmm

Re: What is your #1 favorite horror flick of all time?

HM is undergoing quite the Hammer Films renaissance recently.  Even one of our new members (Dark Mistress ?) seems to be a fan.

Re: What is your #1 favorite horror flick of all time?

azathoth wrote:

HM is undergoing quite the Hammer Films renaissance recently.  Even one of our new members (Dark Mistress ?) seems to be a fan.

Yes I am!  smile

Re: What is your #1 favorite horror flick of all time?

DM, are you excited for the Godzilla reboot? I can't wait to see him return on the big screen.

Re: What is your #1 favorite horror flick of all time?

LoudLon wrote:

The original Dawn of the Dead.  In my opinion it's about as close to the perfect horror movie as you can get.

That is how I feel about The Texas Chainsaw Massacre.

It just has EVERYTHING a great horror movie should AND it did not even need "gore" to  scare the pants off people. There was no gore at all. They appealed to our imagination and  the scary background noises/music just made it feel CREEPY during the whole movie!

Also, I just cannot think of  any other actress MORE terrified and more REAL than Marilyn Burns! Man on man!  All that screaming and going out of her mind at the end when she hops in a truck to freedom. She is laughing and crying at the same time and blood red from jumping out the window.
The whole "final" ending had such a SURREAL look to it! smile

Re: What is your #1 favorite horror flick of all time?

DarkMistress wrote:
LoudLon wrote:

The original Dawn of the Dead.  In my opinion it's about as close to the perfect horror movie as you can get.

That is how I feel about The Texas Chainsaw Massacre.

It just has EVERYTHING a great horror movie should AND it did not even need "gore" to  scare the pants off people. There was no gore at all. They appealed to our imagination and  the scary background noises/music just made it feel CREEPY during the whole movie!

Also, I just cannot think of  any other actress MORE terrified and more REAL than Marilyn Burns! Man on man!  All that screaming and going out of her mind at the end when she hops in a truck to freedom. She is laughing and crying at the same time and blood red from jumping out the window.
The whole "final" ending had such a SURREAL look to it! smile

Oh, and the FAMILY is just all messed up!!! I love dysfunctional/sick families in horror!  LOL

Re: What is your #1 favorite horror flick of all time?

DarkMistress wrote:
azathoth wrote:

HM is undergoing quite the Hammer Films renaissance recently.  Even one of our new members (Dark Mistress ?) seems to be a fan.

Yes I am!  smile

Me as well!