Topic: Scream Tv Series

So Mtv is producing a weekly Scream Tv series. I can't begin to tell you how bad this will be. The Scream franchise should stick to what it does best.

Re: Scream Tv Series

^^^ Get worse with every sequel?

big_smile

I thought Scream 4 was a large improvement compared to the last two sequels.

Actually, I liked Scream 2; thought it was about the best sequel that could be made from that particular material.  But Scream 3 just...flat...sucked. 

Part 4...well...it didn't suck necessarily, there was just absolutely nothing new about it.  And when you're a franchise pushing twenty years old, new is what you need.

I love the Scream franchise, on of my favourites. 3 did border on horrendous but it's fun to watch when there's nothing on TV. 4 I enjoyed but it wasn't as good as the first. I'd probably watch the series if I got MTV but I don't think it'd ever be good without the original cast.

I'll probably check it out if I remember.   I mean, c'mon, MTV made 'Jersey Shore', right?  lol

Let's not forget the 'Teen Wolf' series that basically added all this weird show mytho and magic mumbo jumbo. Not all MTV shows can be bad though, I remember the Spider-Man cartoon on MTV being pretty decent and I thought it was a cool way to tie in to the Raimi movies.

^^
Yeah, I missed all that.  Well, I never even heard of any of that.  They should really change the name of the channel.

LoudLon wrote:

^^^ Get worse with every sequel?

big_smile

This was funny.  big_smile  Though, 4 was better than 2 or 3, not really sayin much IMHO.