Topic: Basket Case

I am about to watch Basket Case, a good older flick or so I think anyway. 

Hey! What's in the basket?! big_smile  LOL!

Anyone else like this low budget flick?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0083624/

Dracula's Wife

Re: Basket Case

I've seen it once, about twenty or so years ago.  I remember thinking it was a decent little flick; a fair amount of splat and a perverse and subversive sense of humor.  Oh, and I remember the human brother running naked down the street and his willie flopping about.

I've been meaning to check that flick out again since a co-worker asked me about it a few years ago but I never seem to get around to it.  Ah, well.  Some day...

Re: Basket Case

I saw it long ago too.  I bought the Dvd a while ago, but haven't watched it yet.  Too many movies, not enough time!

Re: Basket Case

LoudLon wrote:

I've seen it once, about twenty or so years ago.  I remember thinking it was a decent little flick; a fair amount of splat and a perverse and subversive sense of humor.  Oh, and I remember the human brother running naked down the street and his willie flopping about.

I've been meaning to check that flick out again since a co-worker asked me about it a few years ago but I never seem to get around to it.  Ah, well.  Some day...

Wow! That was a fast reply!  lol

Yeah it was pretty bloody and weird. I need to get this one for my collection!  smile

Re: Basket Case

DirtyGirl wrote:

I saw it long ago too.  I bought the Dvd a while ago, but haven't watched it yet.  Too many movies, not enough time!


Haha!

You sound like me. I have too many movies. Just can't get to them all. smile

Re: Basket Case

This whole movie was really cheesy from first second, with really bad acting as the start of the movie and that man act a bit Over the Top.

I love the plot of this movie, thought it was really entertaining from start to finish and never got boring.

As some good bloody gory scenes in this movie and dark funny moment in this movie as well.

I really liked how showed the back story for a part of the movie

The acting was really cheesy in this movie so it worked really well with the rest of the movie.

I think the Basket 2 was bit more fun then this, I still really like this movie

Re: Basket Case

Hmmm didn't seem very good when I checked it out. Might give the sequels a try.

Re: Basket Case

I watched it about a year ago and didn't think much of it, consequently, I never bothered with any of the sequels.  However, the awful stop motion animation of the "Basket" brother throwing a fit in their room was absolutely hysterical.

Re: Basket Case

I've seen Basket Case and the 2 sequels many times. I like the first one much better than 2 and 3. It just went too crazy far with this thing. I generally love Frank Henenlotter flicks.

My fav of his is Frankenhooker... if ya haven't seen that one yet make sure its the next one on your to see/get list!

Re: Basket Case

i saw it ages ago and remember that i thought it was very good especially for it's budget. like Demon Says it's a lot better than the sequels.

Re: Basket Case

wolfman1959 wrote:

i saw it ages ago and remember that i thought it was very good especially for it's budget.


like Demon Says it's a lot better than the sequels.

Yes absolutely!  smile