Topic: Anyone know...

Where I can find a Stream of The Cabin in the Woods?  Saw it in theaters and of course loved it, and figured it was probably on the internet in decent quality.  Anyone know where?

Last edited by PrinceofDarkness (2012-08-01 22:23:29)

Re: Anyone know...

I watched it in theaters also, but I haven't seen a decent copy floating around as of yet for some odd reason.

Every torrent I've seen has been way too dark, making the night scene impossible to see.  No one seems interested in upping a decent copy, so it looks like we'll be waiting for the DVD release. hmm

It's because dvds and bluray and even screaners have a new technology where piracy is almost impossible. Not a wholly bad thing, protects the crew from losing out on profits especially for those indie film makers but it'll be a bitch to get good copies before they are released but I'm pretty sure those uploaders who do the rips will figure something out.

^^
Don't know about B-Rays (don't have one for the computer yet), but there are plenty of programs out there that can rip DVDs.  Probably has more to do with the uploaders' source, or they're very bad at their settings.

Well, the movie isn't due to be released on DVD/Blu Ray until September so the only versions available of it right now are bootleg cam copies recorded in the theater.  All the ones I've tried so far, and I've tried several, are all sub-par, even for cam rips.  They're either blurry and out of focus, too dark to see what's going on or the recorder wasn't paying attention and let his camera move, cutting off half the picture.  It's like nobody cared to rip this movie off right, dammit. lol

^^
Yeah, just can't hire any good criminals nowadays.  Back in the old days, Jimmy "Laser Eyes" Crackin would never lose focus!

Maybe the theatres are tightening up on employee screenings. From what I gathered, that's were the good vids would come from.

You can sometimes pick up PPV rips (pay per view) if a movie has been released on pay per view somewhere in the world. A lot of file sharing websites are being taken down or blocked my network service providers so slowly but surely we'll all have to start paying for our movies again. I've decided to get ahead and get movie subscriptions and a blockbusters card.

^^
True, if I can stream a vid on Ziggy, I can capture the stream.  I just don't care enough to pay a few $s when I can wait another month.  I can wait for Redbox or Netflix.

Same. I can't wait to see this movie so i will be renting it from BB when it comes out.

^ there are still BLockbuster stores? Last on closed in my area last year.
As for the movie who wants a rip of it? It's awesome and deserves a high quality purchase! I am snatching it day 1 on Blu.

^^
Some people have no patience.

A good movie deserves to be paid for imho. I sometimes rip them if i'm not sold on it or it's no been released in the UK or to get uncut versions only available in the US and if i enjoyed it I'll go buy it.

Cam copies suck I have a few. I also have many excellent downloaded that I burned copies too... thank gawd for the interweb tongue