Topic: Night of the Scarecrow (1995)

From Jeff Burr, the guy who brought us The Stepfather 2, Leatherface:  The Texas Chainsaw Masscare 3, Pumpkinhead 2: Blood Wings, & a couple of Puppet Master sequels comes the story of a killer scarecrow possessed by the spirit of a vengeful warlock after being released from his tomb in the middle of a cornfield.  For anyone into cheesy supernatural 90s horror films, this one comes highly recommended, as the goofy titular straw man dispatches of the cast in as many gory, scarecrow-related deaths imaginable.  We've got death by tractor, mouths sewn shut, cornstalks exploding from body parts, straw shooting from body parts, straw needles being shot into faces, etc.  Of course, each kill is pre-empted or punctuated by a corny (hehe) one-liner.  If the description sounds like your thing, you're in luck, because it's streaming on Netflix now!

I've had this on VHS for many years & have always thought it deserved a proper Region 1 DVD release.  I see on Amazon that there is an uncut version from Japan, but that it is currently unavailable.  I'm actually disappointed that it never earned a sequel.  Makes a great double feature with William Wesley's superior SCARECROWS (1988), which is also streaming on Netflix.

Re: Night of the Scarecrow (1995)

Sounds good. I'll have to hunt it down.

I like this film.  Max hit all the highlights- it's 90 minutes of some fun horror.

Watched it online a few months back and I agree, it's a pretty cool horror flick. One of the better 90's horror films.

Saw it on VHS when first released and thought it was a decent enough flick, if they did give the scarecrow a few too many Krugeresque one-liners.  Incidentally the guy who plays the priest was in one of the three fictional movies-within-the-movie in Popcorn, as the guy who's electrocuted and comes back with the ability to generate electricity -- and he was also in Chinatown as one of Jack Nicholson's PI team.

BAM!  You just got obscure-triviatized!

^^
Dude, you are a nuclear horror-movie fiend!

This has been on my Netflix queue for over a year now. Ill have to bump it up I reckon...I have however seen Scarecrows (1988)is and thought it was a pretty good 80's slasher.

I have only seen one of his movies so far, which was Leatherface:  The Texas Chainsaw Masscare
, I was clad that movie ended,

I will give this go,  Just check out the trailer, no hurry to see it!