Topic: Rented Lost Woods

Not sure if I'm going to watch it.  Has like a 2.8 rating on Imdb but it won a couple film festivals so I don't know.  Anyone seen it?  Is it worth watching?

Re: Rented Lost Woods

I wouldn't even look at IMDB ratings. Stick to actual genre fan reviews. Rotten tomato seems better for reviews than IMDB.

yea I actually don't care at all about IMDB ratings and I actually don't use Rotten Tomatoes because I don't agree with most critics.  I only came across that rating when I was reading a few user reviews.  I'm not a big fan of critics.  Movies are not meant to be critiqued and anyone who watches movies trying to critique them more than actually trying to enjoy them is missing the point..

But a 2.8 rating is terrribly low....

Last edited by PrinceofDarkness (2012-08-16 10:18:07)

oh yeah that is pretty low even by my standards and I'll watch anything. I tend to read critics more because they don't just say "didn't like it". They will elaborate on what they did or didn't like. Each to their own eh. Give it a go. Yeah it is 80+ minutes you won't get back but there's no real harm in it. 2.8 means that someone musta likes it to some extent.

haha very true^

but yea I guess actually reading the critics reviews would be helpful.  I just used to look at rottent tomatoes strictly for the percentage, but I stopped doing that years ago..