Topic: Sons of Anarchy Thread

I love this show and I'm so excited the new season has started. So many effed up things happen on Sons, I thought maybe we could have a place to discuss it. Have any of you watched it yet?

Re: Sons of Anarchy Thread

I'm a die-hard Sons fan.  Favorite characters are Opie, Tig and Chibs, but really I think they're all great.  Very much looking forward to watching the fifth season premiere, which will be finished downloading in...about four minutes. big_smile

I'll stay mum until you see it then. Man is it fucked. We must discuss!

http://youtu.be/qJlsg2vPEZI

I freakin love this show! I've been counting down the days since the last season ended. Loved the first episode. Holy Shit! Wish I could say more but I don't want to give any spoilers away. I do love Jimmy Smits on the show. His accent is hilarious.

@Loud Lon-Opie & Tigs are 2 of my favs too.

Okay, just finished watching the season 5 premiere.

OOOH!  They fucked with Tig.  You don't screw with a gang's Sergeant at Arms; that title goes to the gang's most bad ass killer, so you know Tig is gonna go stone-cold-killer at some point this season.

Lots of stuff being set-up in this episode, and I love the new cast additions.  Jimmy Smits, plus a couple guys who did time in Oz together, Harold Perrineau (as Pope) and Chuck Zito as one of the Nomads the Sons swore in.  Speaking of which, did you guys notice one of the guys who attacks Unser at the end has a prosthetic leg?  Just like another one of the Nomads they swore in. big_smile

Man, if this episode is any indication, this season's going to be BAD-ASS.  But then, every season has been so far.

"Speaking of which, did you guys notice one of the guys who attacks Unser at the end has a prosthetic leg?  Just like another one of the Nomads they swore in. "

I noticed the prosthetic but didn't notice that one of the nomads had one. Gotta go back and watch it again I guess.

Early on, when they're holding church, and the newly sworn in Nomad props his metal-rod-prosthetic foot on Phil's shoulder. wink

I didn't even notice that it was a prosthetic leg, just that he put his foot up. I was watching it this morning at work so I did get distracted a time or two lol

I was just looking around to see if there were going to be any future seasons of Sons past season 5, and was pleased to see that FX has actually signed series creator Kurt Sutter for seasons 6 and 7, too.  So we'll get at least two more years of Sons after this, if Sutter decides to stick with it -- which from a couple interviews I just read, seems he likely will.

I read the other day online that he will not go to an eighth season. The story will be over. I have heard a few rumors about doing an Original 9 series that could be cool if it ever really happens.

The season 5 premiere was freakin' amazing!! That sex scene withthe Gemma was sexy to. I liked the "pimp" character as well, wonder how things will play out there. Its definitely gonna get interesting!!

I love that Jimmy Smits is on the show, but from an actor standpoint he tends to play more fringe characters than straight nice guys, so I can't help but be a touch wary about his character.  I have this nagging feeling that he may have something to do with the Mayans, which as we all know is the latino gang the Sons have a long-standing beef with.  And for Gemma to wake up and have no knowledge of having picked him up and gone home with him?  And here he is a pimp who doesn't sleep with his women and prefers older ladies?  Nah.  I smell "roofie" and "set up."

I could be wrong, of course, but we'll see.

He does seem like a pretty sleazy character. I'm a dork about the show so I've been watching all the previews and reading all the interviews and yeah he's not gonna be a good guy. No details, but his character is described a little bit.

Don't you love how Clay is the new Piney? Serves him right. And that bullshit confession. I don't think for one second he's as broken down as he's portraying. Physically yes, but mentally he's up to something.

I'm sure Sutter has a roller-coaster of a season planned for us. I'm interested to see where it goes.

how big is Ron Pearlman? in S of A and Hell boy he looks like a big dude. I just watched Ice pirates the other day for the first time in years and he looked average sized guy at best.

In Blade 2 he was at least 3-4 inches taller than Wesley Snipes, who is 5'9", so I'd place Perlman at about 6', maybe 6'1".  I know he wore risers for Beauty and the Beast and Hellboy to make him look upwards of 6'4 or so.

Love this show, just watched the season premiere today, crazy!

I met Ron Perlman and Thomas Jane back in 09 I think it was and both were tall.  Thomas Jane was slightly shorter than me and Ron Perlman was right about my height, so I'd peg him as  about 6'1" or so

So did anybody watch the new episode on 9-18?

I'm mad at myself for not seeing the new season yet.  I just switched from Comcast to AT&T U-Verse and while in the switching, I missed it all.  Fortunately, AT&T has it on their on demand services and of course, DVR is now set up.  I'll probably catch up sometime next week, though as, well, my weekends are dedicated to football!

Well, I don't have cable TV at the moment so I'm having to wait until the morning after it airs to DL it (what?  I ain't hurtin' nobody) but so far the first two eps of the new season have been excellent. 

SPOILERS (left click and drag below to read):

I think it was Clay who had the two new members trash Gemma's place; why, I'm not so sure yet.  Could be to scare her into thinking she needs him back, to protect her; could just be to terrorize her for dumping him; I don't know, but I think he's behind it).

Jimmy Smits -- at first thought maybe he was a former Mayan cooking up some kind of revenge plot, but now I'm not so sure.  He had every opportunity to kill Jax, turn him over to the Niners, etc. but didn't.  He seems almost fatherly now -- as if Jax is seeing him as someone he can learn from.  Again, I don't know, but that's what it seems like.

And I'm really anxious to see what Tig ends up doing.  I think it would be awesome if he were to shift the guilt of Pope killing his daughter onto Clay, because afterall it was Clay's lies that led Tig to killing Pope's daughter, and Pope killing Tig's in return.  That would be some awesome conflict and drama, if Tig were to turn on Clay and finally see him as the lying, selfish, manipulative dick-hole that he really is.

END SPOILER

Man, what a great show.  And only two eps into the new season and it's already shaping up to be one of the best seasons yet.

I read those spoilers because I don't care, nothing can be spoiled for me lol, sounds awesome.  And, Lon, nothing wrong with downloading.  So many things are so hard to find.  Especially horror movies, it's either too expensive, takes too long to ship or just not available.  Only shame in downloading is when you make profit, imo.

Okay, so any guesses for who's dying on Tuesday's episode? I've read that it will be a major character and shock fans. They won't kill off Clay or Gemma  and we know it's not going to be Jax. I also think they aren't done with Tig yet. He's due some serious retribution. I'm hoping it's not Op since they just reintroduced him to the mix with the stunt he pulled at the end of the last episode. So who does that leave? Chibs, Juice, Bobby, Unser, Otto, Happy and possibky Tara... If it's Chibs I'll be pissed. I can't see them killing off Bobby yet either. I like Juice, but he's not essential to any of the current story lines so he's a possibility. The only way I see them killing Tara off is if they bring back Jax's junky ex to take care of the kids. It's possible, but I honestly don't think they'll get rid of her yet.

Any thoughts?

I'm not sure.  With most of the gang in prison, one of them could get shanked; but then there are a couple sons who didn't go to prison, which means they're unprotected. 

I'm half-thinking maybe it'll be juice.  He was working with the cops last season and had to kill (I think it was a Nomad) to protect his secret.  But I really don't know.  Suffice to say, there's not a weak character on the show so whoever it is, he'll be missed.  Oh, shit...I just had a thought.  Man, I hope it's not Unser...

I thought it might be Unser. I can see Clay getting rid of him if he gets too close to figuring out who's behind these home invasions...