Topic: Who here bought Cabin in the Woods?

I am probably going to watch this for a second time since buying it on Tuesday tonight.  Watched it with a friend who pretty well knows his stuff about the horror genre and he liked it quite a bit as well. 

Who is your favorite monster from Cabin the Woods?

Do you wish a different Monster was picked besides the Buckner Family?

This movie is so darn funny, and then during kill scenes and monster moments it REALLY gets scary.  The first few scenes with the Buckner Family are straight up classic.

Something about the score during the huge Monster scenes that really brings it all together.  It just makes you feel great while watching.  Almost as if you are watching all your favorite horror movies in one.

Re: Who here bought Cabin in the Woods?

I wouldn't buy that movie even if it's gratis big_smile

Last edited by flamethrower (2012-09-20 13:03:30)

I'm buying it tomorrow when it's released, DVDS come out on a Friday here.

"It's never the Merman..."
"... you gotta be kidding me"  lol

I would've liked to see the Hellraiser guy.

Yea I didn't really like this movie.. It was good up until the last half of the film. It was supposed to turn the genre on its head but within the context of the film it fell into a couple cliches of its own.

Plus I hated the attitude that the entire crew had about making the film. "A movie to end all horror films'.. BS.

The second half was the best part!  I will definitely be picking up the Blu, can't wait to see it again!

Well mainly the ending.. It was just.. bad.

^ It was really poor, the movie was great until the crappy ass ending.

You mean the bloodbath at the end with all the monsters was crappy?  I loved it smile

They control all that monsters in the underground,invisible wall they can't go through meh...Like the kid wrote the screenplay.Really lame and nothing to admire in this one. -.-' I would rather watch Zombie's Halloween all the way,than this movie ever again. big_smile

The kid wrote the movie?  I guess you don't know who Joss Whedon is then?

I said : "LIKE the kid wrote the screenplay."

Last edited by flamethrower (2012-09-20 17:19:18)

I thought it was very well written and clever.  It had hilarious dialogue and was really different than anything we have seen before.  Which is refreshing, considering the remake machine that doesn't seem to be able to stop lately.

Looks like there are some great special features on the Bluray...

• Audio commentary with writer/director Drew Goddard and writer/producer Joss Whedon
• We Are Not Who We Are: Making the Cabin in the Woods
• The Secret Secret Stash:
• Marty's Stash
• Hi, My name is Joss and I'll be your guide
• Wonder-Con Q&A
• An Army of Nightmares: Make-Up & Animatronic Effects
• Primal Terror: Visual Effects
• It's Not What You Think: The Cabin In The Woods Bonus View Mode

Meh. I was distinctly underwhelmed coming out of the cinema after watching this. One of the most unnecessarily hyped up films of recent years. If im gonna buy a bad ass send up/homage of a horror/grindhouse theme then its defo gonna be Hobo With A Shotgun. As the Hobo proudly proclaims HALLELUJAH!. HWAS makes me smile everytime i see it.

Last edited by Vasquez (2012-09-20 17:36:53)

I don't know,this even don't works for me like horror film,it's more sci-fi,fantasy.As Goon said,I liked it until the half,but then it was really meh...

Vasquez wrote:

Meh. I was distinctly underwhelmed coming out of the cinema after watching this. One of the most unnecessarily hyped up films of recent years. If im gonna buy a bad ass send up/homage of a horror/exploitation theme then its defo gonna be Hobo With A Shotgun. As the Hobo proudly proclaims HALLELUJAH!. HWAS makes me smile everytime i see it.

Yeah...Hobo was just ok for me.  Not one of my favorites from this past year.  Rutger Hauer was fantastic as always though.

^
Hobo has SO many clever and hilarious lines though.

"When life gives you razor blades, you make a baseball bat... with razor blades"

DirtyGirl wrote:

I guess you don't know who Joss Whedon is then?

Oh I'm pretty sure he does, he's the travesty that wrote Alien: Resurrection. And Flame's previous comment about watching Zombie's Halloween again then Cabin in the Woods is obviously trolling. No offense dude, but it is.

I'll be picking up the blu ray copy of this hopefully sometime tomorrow.

Joss Whedon is one of my favorite writers...Buffy, Angel, Dollhouse, Firefly, Sing Along Blog, The Avengers just to name few....

Yeah I can see why you like him because of them shows/films, some are really impressive. Dollhouse was a great show, and actually had great promise too. It's such a shame it got cancelled.

I really wish Firefly had a chance.   It would have have been even better in later seasons.  That was a shame it was cancelled so soon.  Wasn't it during the writers strike that it ended?

^^
Not sure about the strike, but Fox kept flopping days/times on it so that no one could ever find it.  At least we got Serenity out of it at the end.

The monsters at the end were OK.. A little over the top. What I was referring to was the very end [SPOILER] with the fuckin giant overlord monster.. and oh they need a sacrifice. Just kind of lame. I think Whedon is a little over rated.. The Avengers was good but all his other stuff.. to me is for tween girls..

A lot of people who otherwise would not have gone to see this movie went to see it because he was involved. This movie was just meh.. I could take it or leave it..