Topic: image of Joker

Heath Ledger as the villian...looks like a chemical burn deformity to me....
http://www.superherohype.com/

Re: image of Joker

he looks like he just lost a pie eating contest....i dunno about that...He looks almost chubby to me.. I am 215 at 5'6 and know all about chubby and thats it...

Re: image of Joker

i dont kno if he will make a good joker. jack nickolson made a good joker in Tim burtons batman

Re: image of Joker

Very true but i'm going to wait until we see the full version of Heath Ledger's The Joker. Then i'll see what i think about this version of The Joker.

BTW, i read this on movies.com a while ago and i don't know if it's a rumor or what but they are talking about The Scarecrow will be back and join forces with The Joker to take on Batman. So if this is true, i definitely can't wait.

Re: image of Joker

yeah I had posted the pic in the joker poster thread the other day, looks to me like they want a different more gritty look to him, which I don't mind because if he looked the same as he did in the original I doubt Heath could even come close to Nicholson's performance.

Re: image of Joker

Right. I read that too but also the version that they are going to make him look more deranged and more sinister looking than Jack Nicholson's version. Oh god Heath definitely won't come ever close to Jack Nicholson. But you gotta look at it this way. There was a reason why the director had chosen Heath to be The Joker. So i guess we'll have to see exactly how he will pull of The Joker.

Re: image of Joker

BlackDeathDamien wrote:

Right. I read that too but also the version that they are going to make him look more deranged and more sinister looking than Jack Nicholson's version. Oh god Heath definitely won't come ever close to Jack Nicholson. But you gotta look at it this way. There was a reason why the director had chosen Heath to be The Joker. So i guess we'll have to see exactly how he will pull of The Joker.

I agree.  I just have trouble with Heath Ledger playing a sinister character.  The reason could be that he's hot right now since BBM was so popular. I am kinda skeptical.

Re: image of Joker

I'd like to see The Scarecrow character come back too. He was pretty cool in Batman Begins.

Re: image of Joker

Yeah same here and he can come back b/c he never died. All that happened to him was that he was carried off his horse dangling there with a thread. What i can see is that The Scarecrow is now a much dangerous villain right now b/c of all the fear spray that Batman sprayed him with. So i think he's more sinister, deranged, and extremely dangerou.

Re: image of Joker

I like the new version of the Joker...I think Heath will do a great job and I look forward to seeing Bale whoop the shit outta him.

Re: image of Joker

DeathbyHighKick wrote:

I like the new version of the Joker...I think Heath will do a great job and I look forward to seeing Bale whoop the shit outta him.

lol me too.

Re: image of Joker

BlackDeathDamien wrote:

Yeah same here and he can come back b/c he never died. All that happened to him was that he was carried off his horse dangling there with a thread. What i can see is that The Scarecrow is now a much dangerous villain right now b/c of all the fear spray that Batman sprayed him with. So i think he's more sinister, deranged, and extremely dangerou.

Scarecrow is a pretty cool villian it will be nice to see him come back but in comic book land you can be dead and come back it happens all the time.
I was more into Marvel when I was a kid than DC but Batman was one of my favorite characters from DC, Killing Joke, Knightfall, Arkum Asylum were some of my favorite storylines.

In "The Dark Knight"  Aaron Eckhart will be playing Harvey Dent who is also known as Two-Face I know Tommy Lee Jones played him in Forever but I really hated that movie aside from Carey's Riddler, but I am looking forward to see what Eckhart can do with the character.

Re: image of Joker

http://ibelieveinharveydent.warnerbros.com/

Re: image of Joker

I think the new joker looks dumb.. It just looks like some little kid put the make up on him.. I'll have to see how they play it out first though but so far I am not impressed at all..

15

Re: image of Joker

Is Michael Caine coming back to play Bruce Wayne's butler Alfred?

Re: image of Joker

RIP wrote:

Is Michael Caine coming back to play Bruce Wayne's butler Alfred?

yep he is in the cast.

17

Re: image of Joker

goldenwarrior wrote:
RIP wrote:

Is Michael Caine coming back to play Bruce Wayne's butler Alfred?

yep he is in the cast.

Cool, I guess pretty much some of the others will return to with Bale like Gary Oldman, etc.?

Re: image of Joker

Wow. I really like that image of the Joker. That fits well with how I would imagine the Joker to be. Truly physically deformed. It reminds me of photos of the Black Dahlia murder victim. Like his mouth was cut into a grin. I cringed when I first heard Heath Ledger was chosen to play the part but it is in keeping with the original comic to have a young person in the role. I enjoyed Jack Nicholson but he was neither young nor thin and I always felt they should have used someone else. This new version looks more appropriate.

Re: image of Joker

I still don't like that image at all of The Joker one bit. There's really nothing special about it. A close up of some guy with smeared make-up. I'm definitely not impressed one bit right now. Once i see what Joker exactly looks like, full costume, make-up, and hair, then i'll see how i feel to what this version of Joker looks like. But i'm definitely not feeling the picture one bit.

20

Re: image of Joker

BlackDeathDamien wrote:

I still don't like that image at all of The Joker one bit. There's really nothing special about it. A close up of some guy with smeared make-up. I'm definitely not impressed one bit right now. Once i see what Joker exactly looks like, full costume, make-up, and hair, then i'll see how i feel to what this version of Joker looks like. But i'm definitely not feeling the picture one bit.

I don't like that poster but what I do like the way Ledger looks in that image....kinda like he has sticthes around his mouth.

Re: image of Joker

Yeah, the scars around the mouth are definately intriguing.  I want to see a full shot of him in costume including what they do with his hair to see what I think.  It appears as though we probably wont see any Official footage until December.  I mean I am sure some fan shots or leaks will pop up.  But it appears as though December is when the trailer will appear.  The page that the photo of Joker origionated from, http://ibelieveinharveydenttoo.com/ , has hidden letters spelling out "See You in December" on it if you highlight the page after the "error" mssage comes up.  I assume Warner Brothers will debut this trailer either during I Am Legend or His Dark Materials: The Golden Compass.

Re: image of Joker

They have been filming some stuff in the area of the hotel I work at for both the film Wanted and The Dark Knight.  I am gonna try and sneak around and ge some shots from location if possible on some days off.

Re: image of Joker

Yeah i definitely know about where they are filming in Chicago and actually have seen some of it too. But when i was back in college in Chicago, they would actually be filming different scenes to different movies right by the college. There was once where i was starting to walk past a restraunt right by my campus and i had to hurry across b/c they were just about to film a scene.

Re: image of Joker

They actually filmed a Zombie movie right outside my employee enterance one night last summer.  I was never able to figure out what the name of the film was, but the make up seemed pretty cool.  We were told it was an independant Steven Segall Zombie movie, but thats all I heard.  Never got the title.  Wish I would have.  I got to watch them film some it though, a zombie attack in a dark, rainy ally.  Good stuff.

Last edited by jmh314 (2007-05-27 16:19:41)

Re: image of Joker

That's cool. Man there have been way to damn many movies that have been filmed right by my college and also right in front also.