Re: The Tomb, I want to DELETE District 9

Nah, Hellboy had some end of the world, Nostradamus, Lovecraftian stuff going on.  More occult than sci-fi I'd say.  I'd go with "action-horror" before "sci-fi," but that's just my opinion.

Glad it was deleted, in my opinion it was purely sci-fi. Some made the piont that it has horror "elements" but yhat alone should not qualify it as a horror film. Many movies have horror elements but are nowhere near horror movies. Rambo is a good example, tons of gore and splatter but not even close to makeing it a horror film. 

Genres are mixed and mashed quite often these days, tons of movies have comedy elements but I would not consider them comedys. To me like Lon said, if you look at the main theme of the film its usually quite obvious what genre it fits into the best.

I have not seen it yet, I can't choose

Dog trying to copy me typing lol

I took a look at the list today. Shocked really. I'm not a fan of the rating system the whole movie battle thing. It would put 2 movies against eachother that are not comparable IMHO but hey I rarely go there because I prefer reviews to top lists.

Great movie, but not a horror movie.

UltraViolence wrote:

I took a look at the list today. Shocked really. I'm not a fan of the rating system the whole movie battle thing. It would put 2 movies against eachother that are not comparable IMHO but hey I rarely go there because I prefer reviews to top lists.

Agree. That is why if you pick a GENRE on the right you can battle related movies. You can also do it by release year or decade.