Topic: Movie Database Updates

Some updates I wanted to get feedback on.
http://www.horror-movies.ca/top-horror- … ?date=2009

- added trailers
- cleaned up the look a bit
- added more films ( shows top 100 not top 50 now )
- added whether its available on NETFLIX
- added if its moving up or down in the rankings.

Next up and this is open for feedback is READER REVIEWS. Like before reviews will be approved by a mod but I am thinking of using that as part of the overall ranking.

Namely if readers take the time to review it I think it deserves to add a bonus to the films ranking. Comments/thoughts/blah blah.

Re: Movie Database Updates

Ooohh!  Fancy!  I likey.  Good job, my man, you keep this place rockin'.  Is the Netflix availability a dynamic function, such as if a film comes off Netflix, it will no longer show?  Just wondering.

I think reviews are usually a good idea; the HM folks know their stuff better than the general media reviewers.

As for blah blah- more monkeys.  big_smile

the netflix data is somehwat dynamic. Its not perfect but it SHOULD work ( we will see )

^^
Gotcha boss.  Good work all around, as usual.

Looks pretty spiffy, Meh. I especially like the " moving up or down" and the top 100, instead of 50. Thanks for the added enhancements and taking the time to make this place  " The Best horror site on the planet!"

Glad you guys approve. Much more 'tinkering' to be done.

Pretty solid list overall, though some rankings are questionable.

^ Yep some are questionable to me too, like:

Friday the 13th remake at #8.

That alone is weird, but if it's what the people voted...

I think there are some strange placements because we need more people voting.  If you come across a situation where you don't want to vote for either movie.  You can skip to the next one.

DirtyGirl said it all. If you dont vote you have no say.

Well gonna go vote before saying anything then.

Awesome work done on everything all around here Meh, so glad I joined. Feels like home since I'm here. Millions of thumbs up!!! smile

Gotta add that it runs flawlessly with Firefox 2.2 on my prehistoric computer unlike other sites like Facebook and Twitter for example.

Last edited by kXnPunk (2012-11-29 12:46:18)

Great work, look really good

But I can't see  up and down ratting

Can I give some feedback? I don't like the battle thing. It makes it harder and sometimes there will be a great movie I wanna rate against a movie I haven't seen and I want to be honest so that great movie gets passed on... I like the old stars. But it does look great over there!

Ultra I think the battle system is good because you cant cheat it. My old system for example if people dislike the #1 movie they would vote it 1 out of 10 not because it deserved a 1 but just to bury it. It was frankly ridiculous.

I do however agree we need a way for you to vote on a particular movie you like without making it so you can CHEAT. I am very open to feedback from any of you on how to accomplish this.

Yeah I get you. I see them doing it all the time on IMDB and it annoys the hell outta me! The over all look of the page looks great though! Really eye catching and easy to look at big_smile

Oh and I love being able to go straight to trailers instead of having to type them into youtube. Saves so much time big_smile

any ideas on how i allow people more control on what they vote for without cheating?

Individual "I haven't seen this movie" buttons allowing  one movie to be changed while keeping the other movie?

^ That would be a great idea I think, good thinking Cap.

I agree. I have tried to contribute so that we all create a relatively respectable list (though I recognize opinions are gonna be varied and subjective) every time I do battle but am bewildered when crap like Boll's Alone In The Dark is at like N.6 in one of the categories, though cant remember which.

I got Alice in wonderland against Don't be afraid of the dark... lol. I agree with Cap that's a good idea.

Hey Meh i was thought you became a plastic avatar on Goons ceiling! So you are being a half real entity cool man this guy is realised he is just a plastic avatar on sumones ceiling, but you are the it!

I can't help ya wit the non cheating thing but anymore info you can give me on stuff that will just be so it of it... thanks man

Cap Howdy wrote:

Individual "I haven't seen this movie" buttons allowing  one movie to be changed while keeping the other movie?

I just finished programming in Caps idea. Please take a minute and vote and provide feedback. I also added a ton of missing films.

http://www.horror-movies.ca/top-horror- … ?date=2012