Topic: House at the End of the Street

Can't find an official thread for this so instead of waste time searching for it, I'll just do this lol.  Has anyone seen this (House at the End of the Street)?  Everything about it sounds cool.  Just from the description sounds like Salem's Lot mixed with some slasher movies.  If anyone has seen it, tell me what makes it cool or sucks, you can't spoil anything for me.  Thanks guys!

Re: House at the End of the Street

It's not as good as it sounds. I'm not even sure I would call it a horror film. It's very average; not worth seeing in my opinion. The best thing about the movie is Jennifer Lawence chest LOL

Isn't she the little girl from Hunger Games?  How isn't it horror?  The poster has writing in blood lol...explain!!!!!

Yeah it's Jennifer Lawrence from Hunger Games alright.
Is it Horror??? Well it has a few things like the killings is but it's really more a thriller.
I personally enjoyed it very much though, liked the story and the way it's filmed and man, the girl with psychotic probs is AWESOME totally.
Loved the mom/girl relation, Elizabeth Shue is wonderful in her mother role.

Well shoot, that all sounds awesome to me!  Thanks, homes.

If Jennifer Lawrence hadn't signed on to do this movie before Hunger Games she would of never done it.

I have the same thought about the guy who played Thor who was in Cabin in the Woods.

I thought that it was okay, but nothing special.  Jennifer Lawrence and Elizabeth Shue were both good in it, and provide nice eye candy, plus it has a decent plot twist that is not too hard to see coming.

It was okay not really horror more thriller with some suspense it is at the most PG-13 horror and I am not sure it was that, it was okay kind of entertaining

do you guys think it would be worth the 20 bucks to buy it?

Nope

20 freaking bucks??? O_O

Man, expensive, I never pay more than 10$ for DVDs. I wait until the specials 2 for the price of 1 come out and it doesn't take long, 2-3 weeks at most. So no, not worth the twenies.

I buy Blu Ray almost exclusively (snooty right lol) but I'm in the same boat, I don't usually like paying more than 10 bucks but for horror movies (thrillers and suspense still fall under horror) I'll support it no matter what.  I usually wait for the week after the release to pay more that way they make more, lol.  I'm a sucker for supporting and keeping horror alive and thriving!  I'll cehck how much the DVD of this costs as I'm tired of buying blu ray and just spending too much.

There's only the real good and freaking amazing classics for me that I buy new. Well of course. I want them like NOW not in a few weeks... lol

I'm a sucker and hopeful for newer horror movies.  Fortunately I've been on a good streak this past year with The Innkeepers, VHS, Barricade....etc...

Watched this last night and found it very dull. Just another forgettable and generic horror-by-numbers formulaic snoozefest from start to finish. Started off boring, lost my interest in the middle and the least said about the end the better.

1/10

Its more in suspense-thriller territory but I actually enjoyed it more than Cabin in the woods. Thank you Jennifer!

SPOILER FFS SPOILER!!!!!

I really enjoyed it! I was gutted by the revelation. I really wanted him to be a good guy! But no matter, I still think he's totally gorgeous!

The only thing in it for me was Max Theriot being a total babe (is he even legal age? ha ha)
For the dudes it's prob JLaw being a total babe too...

But it was dull and boring and I wasted my time seeing it in theaters, then redboxing it to be sure if it really was as bad as I thought it was.
Alcohol didn't even make it enjoyable...Called the ending fairly quickly in theaters and if you didn't see it coming...then....well...

I must be a total tard because I didn't see it coming. I thought it'd be a straight up crazy girl on the loose.

And I'll be buying it. On bluray but not until blockbusters has it in their sale or on exrental wink

Hahah well the more power to you. If I didn't makmy husband return it when he brought it home for me I would have sent it to you! Haha

I just thought it was a sit back and turn your brain off kinda affair, which I'm welcoming at the moment after abusing my mind with the seriously mental drain stuff lately like Martyrs et al. It does have a million flaws but I just came away thinking, hey that wasn't bad that!

Yeah and it's got a very cool tensed feeling.
Also digged theimages. Wonderful.

And well, Jess can freaking act not to mention her amazing beauty. So does the dude.

Didn't see it coming.

Well...I guess it had a fairly more original idea than some of these PG-13 movies, and I think Elizabeth Shue is super hot still (must mean I'm old that I think she was way hotter than the other chick that others were all excited bout).  That's about the only positives I have for it.  Wasn't horrible, but bout half way through started dddddrrrraaaaaagggggiiiiinnnnnggggg on, and then the last few minutes really dddddddddrrrrrrrrrruuuuuuuugggggggggg on.  Just doesn't have a lot to offer.  Could be worse though. 

Oh yeah...I actually didn't see the twist until it was pretty much revealed, though to my defense, I truly didn't care what was happening anymore well before that point.