Topic: Dream concert(s).

If you could put together any concert(s) with any singers or groups or any combination thereof what would they be?
Styx\Supertramp.
Iron Maiden(Dickinson)\Judas Preist(Halford)

Re: Dream concert(s).

My dream concert finally happened summer 2012: At The Drive-In.  I was a huge fan in High School and they broke up when I was almost 17.  I never got to see them live cause they always did 18+ shows.  So after waiting 12+ years, I got to see them reunite at Lollapalooza this year. 

After that, I'd say I'd love to see Led Zeppelin...

Creature's Imaginary Rock Fest - 2013
When? July 2nd - July 4th.
Where? My House.
Why? Because a man can dream.

July 2nd (my birthday)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
TOOL (25 song setlist, w/ MJK at the top of his game)
AC/DC (with Bon Scott resurrected!)
The Beatles (all 4 back together again - Paul invites me onstage to play the riff to Day Tripper)
John Lennon (He's so awesome to me, he gets his own gig after the Beatles are done)
The Who (and they're like 20 years younger & kicking ass - smashing EVERYTHING to pieces for the finale)
White Zombie (YEEAAHHHHH)
Bob Dylan (1966 concert...debuting Like A Rolling Stone all over again...crowd erupts in anger over his conversion from folk to rock 'n' roll)

July 3rd
~~~~~~
Rage Against The Machine (ohhh yeaaah)
FRANK ZAPPA (resurrected from the dead w/ a 100 Song Set List!)
Led Zep comes out and nails it

Comedic break, George Carlin does an hour of stand up.

The Doors (A zombified Jim Morrison flashes his weener to the crowd - like the supposed Miami Incident all over again)
Black Sabbath (it's 1973 again and Ozzy is Fu*ckin' rocking)

July 4th (Last Day of the Festival)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The Jimi Hendrix Experience (Oohooh, FOXEY LADY!)
Nirvana (Kurt Cobain blows his head out again for the show's closing)
Alice Cooper (back with the original AC Band!)
The Stooges (It's 1969, okaaaay! War across the USA...)
Leonard Cohen (During the show, Leonard reveals that he actually is god and the heavens open up..just in time for...The Floyd).
Pink Floyd (50 song set list, the entire band is back together again, and even Syd Barrett comes on stage and plays a few songs)

And, the last band of the night/morning...
Deep Purple. Smoke On The Water.
Some dummy with a flare gun burns the place to the ground. THE END.

Last edited by The Creature (2013-01-12 23:44:07)

For me, after seeing millions of shows in my life, the one I definitely wanna see is:

Kittie, haven't yet and dying to see them with Black Flag, already seen them but Rollins and the guys rocked so much I wanna see them again, one of the best in my life and yeah the Sex Pistols. Why not H3LL, I'd like to see Sid on stage.

If I had a time machine and could collect any artist/band I wanted, my concert would look something like this:

Motely Crue circa 1983
Metallica circa 1989
Nirvana circa 1991
Rollins Band circa 1992
Alice in Chains circa 1992
Frank Black circa 1996
Babes in Toyland circa 1994
L7 circa 1992
Michael Jackson circa 1987
George Michael circa 1988 (bite me, he was the pop-shit back then)
The Cure circa 1985
The Cult circa 1989
Skid Row circa 1990
Terry Reid circa 1976
Pearl Jam circa 1995
Veruca Salt circa 1996
Boston circa 1978
Misfits, circa 1997
Soundgarden circa 1991, AND circa 1995

All for min. sets of 1 hour apiece.  And that would just be the first day. big_smile

^^^
Saw L7 during their Bricks Are Heavy tour and man, was the grossest thing ever, she removed her bloody tampax and threw it in the crow. lol
At the end then destroyed EVERYTHING, drums, guitars, amps everything, what a show. smile

Last edited by kXnPunk (2013-01-12 23:56:41)

I always did like L7.  Never saw them live on anything except a couple late night TV shows, but I did just recently watch some Brit show on Youtube where she dropped her pants.  If a chick dropping trou on live TV or throwing bloody cooch-covers into a crowd ain't punk, I don't know what is. lol

I already saw Reel Big Fish and Pearl Jam so the only other MUST SEE act for me is Placebo.  They need to get their Brit asses over to America.

LoudLon wrote:

I always did like L7.  Never saw them live on anything except a couple late night TV shows, but I did just recently watch some Brit show on Youtube where she dropped her pants.  If a chick dropping trou on live TV or throwing bloody cooch-covers into a crowd ain't punk, I don't know what is. lol

Hahaha you bet. And man, after they trashed down everything they left the stage with full of freaking insane feedbacks. Definitely quite an experience lemme tell you. big_smile

What's your favorite album from them, just curious.

Saw Placebo in Europe Gardenosstone10 and yeah, great live.

Last edited by kXnPunk (2013-01-13 00:28:27)

@Lon
^^Scary thing is some brave soul tossed that tampon back. (shudder)

This isn't really a dream concert, just something I would like to experience. Never been to a concert, but I wouldn't mind going to an all day hardcore/punk festival. I would have to keep the glasses at home though and steer clear of the pit.

kXnPunk wrote:

Saw Placebo in Europe Gardenosstone10 and yeah, great live.

Oh my god i'm so jealous.  They used to come to the States more but last we saw of them was in 07 with some tour with Linkin Park where they got little stage time so I didn't bother.  Their new drummer is awesome, too so I SOOOOO wanna see them.  New album coming so fingers crossed for a world tour.  I'm in Detroit so usually foreign acts only stick to other big concert cities like Austin, New York, Chicago.  When did you see them?

Creature - That's quite a concert.

Mine would be a one day event with shorter sets, but each artist playing repeatedly.

The Doors - They would start and end.
Violent Femmes
George Jones
Sisters of Mercy
Guns N Roses
Tanya Tucker
Cracker
The Cure

Gardenofstone10 wrote:

When did you see them?

First album.

The Creature, I'm a insanely HUGE fan of Sisters Of Mercy, this guy's got one of the scariest voices ever. lol

Oh man you saw them when they were young and wearing dresses, I miss those days!

Yeah, and their music was the best then. Changed a lot, don't like 'em as much now.

Halloween 2013 in Hawaii: All bands are playing their greatest hits:

Pink Floyd

Led Zeppelin

AC/DC

Misfits

Van Halen

U2

The Who

Nirvana

Madonna

Pearl Jam

Aerosmith

Rolling Stones

Beatles

I've been fortunate enough to have seen: U2 (3X), Van Halen, (3X) Aerosmith , The Who (2X), AC/DC, Robert Plant.

What I wouldn't give to have seen Led Zeppelin, The Beatles, Pink Floyd!!

Mine would be a festival:

Opening band: At The Drive-In
Duran Duran (some of their songs are so awesome)
Faith No More
The Doors
Between the Buried and Me
Living Colour
Motley Crue
Soundgarden
Pearl Jam
Sublime
Porcupine Tree
Pantera
Slayer
Dream Theater
Alice in Chains
Rush
Opeth
The Jimi Hendrix Experience
Genesis
Aerosmith
The Who
Black Sabbath
Baroness
Coroner
Deep Purple
Last band: The Mars Volta

Encore
Iron Maiden

I could make a longer list but effort.

Last edited by Scavenger of Human Sorrow (2013-01-13 12:05:07)

Ratt/Cinderella/Poison.

I always wanted to see Pink FLoyd and Rob Zombie not together though lol

#1 wish if wishes exist was to see a Queen concert.

I've seen so many concerts and festivals, but there's still a few bands I've never seen I'd love to fit on one crazy heavy metal bill.

Scorpions
Manowar
Saxon
Anvil

The best of true heavy metal, from all around the world.

kXnPunk wrote:

The Creature, I'm a insanely HUGE fan of Sisters Of Mercy, this guy's got one of the scariest voices ever. lol

Me too!  I was listening to them in the car today. 

As for a dream Concert:

Nirvana, Pearl Jam, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains.  smile

^^^
Cool, they have a insanely tenebrous sound.

Looks like you are a DirtyGrungeGirl miss. lol

I absolutely am  smile   Grew up on a steady diet of Metal and Grunge smile

So...  Motley Crue tickets go on sale today.  I think I am going to pick some up.

Creature-  Leonard Cohen still tours and I hear his shows are fantastic.  I would love to see him also.

^^^
Very cool.
And what, Motley are still around??? Woahhh. Thought they were dead, that is cool.

Shout At The Devil, my first show ever, I'll NEVER forget this, with Lee Aaron too so how could I forget that sexy girl??? Impossible.