Topic: Wrong Turn

Wrong Turn - this film is full of horror movie cliches. They did pretty much everything your not suppose to do in a horror film.
Another cannibal film about inbread crazy mountain men.

I actually enjoyed it. It was like, you idiots, you got yourselves into this so I'm going to watch you die ha ha ha

Anyone else see it, and what are your thoughts on it?

Re: Wrong Turn

i saw i think its a pretty good movie but i was ify on buying it cuz it looked good and the previews but got bad reviews so i ended up renting it first and i enjoyed it it was a good movie and im awaiting wrong turn 2 hopfully is as good or even better then the first

I've seen Wrong Turn many times.  I actually enjoyed it.  Being that it was another inbred mutant family film, it was still pretty good.  Eliza Dushku is some pretty nice eye candy which also made the film more enjoyable.  However, I dont feel that it was good enough to put ol' Rob Schmidt up for an episode on masters of horror.

Yea I really liked it.. Stan Winston did a great job on the mutants and overall I think it gets a bad wrap. Alot of people didn't like it.. At least thats the vibe I get from other forums I've been too. Glad to see that everyone here so far has liked it..

Gud scary film. Action... scares.. Actually watched it twice.

I liked it, have watched it a couple times.  Hope that part 2 will be good also.

Yeah even though it was a total cliche I loved that movie. It was bad for all the right reasons. I watched it several times.

I own the movie on DVD (managed to find it really cheap) and it is pretty good for another inbred cannibal movie.

As for it being a complete cliche movie, I would have to agree.  But then again the whole Deliverance-Hills-Have-Eyes-Sawney-Bean-Family-something-moving-in-the-wilderness-thing has been done a lot.  So really anyone who can add a new twist (even if it is rather cliche filled) should be noted.  Though I agree that Rob Schmidt is not going to be put up for an episode of Masters of Horror, TiM.

TheDudeWithTheShotgun wrote:

Though I agree that Rob Schmidt is not going to be put up for an episode of Masters of Horror, TiM.

Heh, funny you say that because he is.. I'm not sure if you mean he shouldn't be or not but he will be in Season 2. Not sure why they chose him but thats whats happening. I knew eventually the show would just become another kind of Tales From the Crypt or something.. not just a real forum for "Masters"..

Wrong Turn is very underrated in my estimation.
It reminds me of older 70's horror, which is a good thing.

amen nosferatu. I really do love this film. Its just a slasher flick with all the right stuff. including hotties smile

Ah yes, we can't forget the hotties

Emmanuelle Chriqui   mmm hmm

What about Eliza Dushku man?

No need to fight.. double the hotties..

Interesting Goon, I did not know that.  Will be interesting to see what he is going to do, even though I really do not consider him a Master of the genre.

Easily one of my favorites, this movie really had something going.  I remember watching this movie with my parents.  At this point, there is someone in my family who will not watch this movie ever again.  So when I bring home a horror movie and say it's as good as Wrong Turn, you can probably guess what happens.  Great film and I am excited to see the sequel.

I watched this awhile back and immedietaly thought, "Oh great, another Hills have eyes rip off." The movie was cliched, but enjoyable at that. Not to mention some pretty ladies to top it off.

Duuuuushku, the only reason to watch wink

Yeah it's hard to beat inbred freaks and hot babes in the same flik

My original attraction to the movie was Stan Winston's monster FX but the add Elisha and the other chick and it on like donkey kong. I liked the mutants they were creepy and cool. I hope part 2 does not suck.

i watched it at my homeboys house on some good kill. i enjoyed the movie. took us like 2 times watching it to see the part after the credits where that ghoul lookin dude kills tha cop revealing them making a wrong turn 2

welcome to the site redrum. You got good taste sinec you liked this movie. I had no idea their was a secret scene at the end.. guess i gotta go watch it again.

I thought it was a pretty decent movie, it was kool how they took the razorblade barb wire to that girls face and pulled..

Heh yea that was another hottie in the film. Lindy Booth.. Shes in both Cry_Wolf and the Dawn of the Dead remake... Sort of a up and coming scream queen I guess..

Goon wrote:

Heh yea that was another hottie in the film. Lindy Booth.. Shes in both Cry_Wolf and the Dawn of the Dead remake... Sort of a up and coming scream queen I guess..

that never dawned on me that was her in Dawn of the Dead..lol thanks for pointing that out goon..