Topic: Spam Question for the Mods.

If one person makes multiple spam posts do I need to report each post or just one?

Last edited by hellrat (2013-01-21 21:57:09)

Re: Spam Question for the Mods.

I don't mind reporting all spam posts,I just hate to flood the Mods with multiple reports if one will do.

Every post needs reporting otherwise we need to check every single post a spammer has ever made, which can be a pain in the ass.
It's also helpful if people don't quote the spam, especially if they leave the links in wink

Thanks for the guidance Cap. smile

Funny Cap mentions checking every post; anytime I check a spammer account I select "view all posts by this user" and go through their posts one by one anyway.  Leave it to me to always do things the hard way. lol

But also as Cap said, if you're going to post a spammer, don't quote their link, too.  It's just another post we'll have to edit the link out of. smile

So for the Sake of Argument lets say new person X. were to post spam I should post something like :post by X reported rather than quoting the possible spam post?

Last edited by hellrat (2013-01-21 22:24:07)

You don't even have to post that you've reported him.  You can just report the post and leave it at that.  Besides, the first thing I do when I log on is go to our administration page and see if any posts have been reported, anyway, and if there are, I take care of them (unless Cap beats me to it).

So while you can quote them and reply that you've reported them if you want to, it's not really necessary.  You can just click "report," fill in the little form, submit, and pay it no further mind. smile

Got ya,I was doing it so other people knew it was reported and you guys and gals didn't wind up with  multiple reports on the same post.

Last edited by hellrat (2013-01-21 23:06:22)

I'll type "Reported."
If it's a borderline case, I Report them with a "I don't know about this message to the mods", and NOT leave a post on the actual thread.

It's an art, reporting spam.  First you gotta report it so the mods can see it and it doesn't get buried.  But then you have to humiliate the spammer.  Of course, 99% of spammers don't look at posts once it's posted, but you gotta have fun, this is a horror site afterall.

Ever since that first anti-spam message went up, I figured why not have fun with it?  They're still going to get deleted.  Though I've noticed a discernible lowering of the frequency of spam.  Probably just coincidence, though it would be funny if there is a spammers group out there, whispering about "The Monkey" lol .

I actually wrote up my next one, and if the next spammer is trying to hawk clothes, especially pants, it will be perfect.